• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2010 Ace Race Disc

mattw said:
I have never done an ace race but picked up a few in trades. Does Discraft ask for feedback on the disc after the event. I was wondering how they determine a disc that will make it into production from these events. I am hoping that based on the coments I read this has a good chance of making it.

They do not ask for any feedback.

anyone else get a green one? i got a echo-ish green colored one 167-169 and it flew great, only difference was it went straight longer then faded, my 177+ was a little shorter and faded sooner, but they handle power really well. I never got any un wanted turn out of these things. To me they fly like a really overstable roc, but faster.

peppermack said:
was the ace from the Dock yours?

Nope, that was Ash Lawrence. I'm actually not in that video anywhere. Another guy at the Ace Race just filmed some of the groups around him.

My ace was a very tight straight line at about 120' I threw a slight anny with my light Ace Race disc, getting it to track 3/4 feet to the right then fly straight into the basket.

Roc Lover said:
anyone else get a green one? i got a echo-ish green colored one 167-169 and it flew great, only difference was it went straight longer then faded, my 177+ was a little shorter and faded sooner, but they handle power really well. I never got any un wanted turn out of these things. To me they fly like a really overstable roc, but faster.
I have 5 between 168 and 171 in 4 colors and they all fly about the same for me. I have use my green one the most and it has started to loose just a little of the harsh fade and is penetrating better in its fade now.

So has anyone heard any mention of what they are going to name this disc. Not the funny ones that have been thrown around by fellow DGR folks, but the actual name?

i havent but i think its safe to say itll be insect or space themed.
I like Hornet, thats the only cool one ive heard that makes sense. Nova maybe? idk lol

It was quite windy that day, but because much of the course played in the woods, we were able to stay out of it.

peppermack said:
Hornet would be cool, I hope it is not a space themed one. That would suck ass.

I have inside info that it will be called "Uranus"

today i was getting my 166-169 or whatever the weight is out as far as my stalkers today. great big freakin s curve with a tail wind but in a head wind it was much straighter but not quite as long. i was really surprised with the distance. i'm already thinking of other holes to use it on that i wouldn't ever use a buzz. not sure i can call this thing a mid.

Latest posts