• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2010 First Class Challenge

SpikeHyzer

* Ace Member *
I'm thinkin about headin down for this. Couple Questions:

- Is there camping close by?
- What all is included with reg fees?

There is all sorts of camping available. As for what's included with the reg fee, I will double check on that and get back to you.

http://www2.mvr.usace.army.mil/Saylorville/AcornValleyCampgroundInformation.cfm

it right by walnut and about 10 minutes from big creek, on the other hand its about 5 hours from pickard

Direct quote from our msg board in regard to the players pack...

Assisstant TD said:
great question! We have been working with Discraft again this year. Once again, we have come up with a sweet full color disc. We'll get a picture posted soon. Everyone (ams) will get one. Also, another disc from discraft, this Nuke everyone seems to be talking about with our tourney logo on it.

We will have another sweet players guide with directions to all the courses, OB's, sponsors, etc. If anybody knows Mikal Williams, make sure and thank him, he's put a lot of time in doing the layout and securing the printing sponsorship at Prairie Meadows for the last two years. He does some fantastic graphic design work there. The Des Moines Disc Golf Club is really honored and fortunate to have him on our team.

We've gotten a few snack sponsors as well through FritoLay, Little Debbie, and Sara Lee, I believe. So there will be some snack items in there to help you guys and gals make it through the nearly 15,000 feet of disc golf you'll play at Ewing and Pickard.

Finally, there will be a sweet tournament tee shirt in the package.

If I left anything out, DLC will pick up where I left off!

And just to point out...the 15,000 ft at Ewing and Pickard is all of that. Plus you get Walnut Ridge and Big Creek. Big Creek is home to a hole made famous back at the 2004 Worlds. Hole 11 is known as the Freak. So...

ARE YOU UP TO THE CHALLENGE?

arowan21 said:
http://www2.mvr.usace.army.mil/Saylorville/AcornValleyCampgroundInformation.cfm

it right by walnut and about 10 minutes from big creek, on the other hand its about 5 hours from pickard

I havent looked at the map yet, but does this mean one of the courses being played is 5 hours away another course?

If you camp at Acorn, then your longest drive would be to Pickard. So about 30-40 minutes. But more than likely, you would play Pickard and Ewing on the same day. And then Big Creek and Walnut on the same day.

Pickard and Ewing are on the South side of town where as BC and WR are on the North side. Acorn is right next door to WR.

Good to hear we have some peep's from up north coming on down.

I do believe online registration is still open until tomorrow if you want to still sign up.

The putt isn't pretty like last year, but it's the best I have right now.

More pressure on me this year than last....hope I rise to the occasion!

This should be a great event. Some of the best courses in central Iowa. I'm not particularly looking forward to Ewing and Pickard on the second day...its gunna be tough. Luckily only Ewing is going to be from the longs for me...

Discwrangler said:
The putt isn't pretty like last year, but it's the best I have right now.

More pressure on me this year than last....hope I rise to the occasion!

Good luck Tanner!

It was a grueling tourney. Temps in the low 90's the whole weekend with high humidity. And some tough competition in the advanced division. Average round ratings in advanced for the top5 were 994, 989, 987, 985 and 980. It was a great tourney all in all. For those of you that are thinking about a weekend tourney...you definitely need to come to this one next year. You may not find 4 better courses in one tourney.

BLURR said:
It was a grueling tourney. Temps in the low 90's the whole weekend with high humidity. And some tough competition in the advanced division. Average round ratings in advanced for the top5 were 994, 989, 987, 985 and 980. It was a great tourney all in all. For those of you that are thinking about a weekend tourney...you definitely need to come to this one next year. You may not find 4 better courses in one tourney.

Absolutely amazing tourney! Huge props to the TD's and anyone who had a hand in helping out. The courses were beautiful, very challenging, well manicured and super clean. Like BLURR mentioned, it was hot! I highly recommend this tourney & these courses to anyone remotely interested. Pickard may just be in my top 5 after playing it this weekend. Icing on the cake for me, I brought home the Adv title to MN, and the 4 others in my car all made the cash ind adv :D

You must have had a few birdie threes...

Nice win Jason, one of my favorite events and places to play.

BLURR said:
Nice shooting Jason. That round at Ewing was pretty good.

Yeah that Ewing round was fun being a part of and watching.
Stoked you pulled out the W bro! You know I was pulling for ya.
All you guys from MN were a blast to play w/ at Pickard.
Too bad I played like a chach key at Walnut, would have loved to battle at Big Creek w/ ya.

Drive back to CO was smooth and effortless.
Hope to see some folks coming out to CO States at Beaver Ranch in July....I live 25 mins. from the course and all you MN guys are welcome at my house.