• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2010 USDGC

Just got this message from John Duesler about the live coverage

'In fact, I am working hard on securing the funding necessary to make this live broadcast possible. Our goal is to cover, not only the USDGC, but the Presidents Cup too. Keep posted.'

Hope they can pull through so I can catch the days I can't be there!

If they include a DVD with a donation like they did with the Vibram Open, I'd be happy to throw a few $$$ toward the cause.

Well, I must say that as much as I would love to volunteer, this is pretty much going to be my "vacation" for the year. I mean I love just bein' able to walk around and go to whichever hole I want as well as being able to follow around the lead cards for those days. It's my chill time if you knowhutimsayin'....

Now I DO plan on volunteering at next years Carolina Clash tournament for sure. It's gonna suck having to wait until 2012 to catch another USDGC though.

Ditto

Can we get a head count of who is going to be at the USDGC this year?
I will be there for all 4 days of the event (morning till evening)

Played a practice round with Nikko yesterday at Winthrop. He was real cool and awesome to play with/watch. He even gave some advice to another kid that was throwing with us. It was a pretty good time.

I am a little disappointed that the only way you can sign up to play on spectator day is if you register to play at USDGC. I would love to go down there and spend a day watching everyone to play but as a teacher I cannot afford to take a day off.

Oh well...a lot of questionable decisions being made this year...

moving to last chance qualifying to saturday - not as many people tried to qualify
OB is now stroke and distance - we will see how this goes
required to sign up to play the course on Spectator Sunday at the course during the week - possibly will hurt the fundraising that they do on this day...

I'll be arriving Thursday morning and be there through Saturday's final. I'll be working...was told this years I'll be walking with one of the first three groups all three days.

I am a little disappointed that the only way you can sign up to play on spectator day is if you register to play at USDGC. I would love to go down there and spend a day watching everyone to play but as a teacher I cannot afford to take a day off.

I played the spectator day the first 2 years they had it. The reason I do NOT play it any longer is because they DID let any joe schmuck walk up and squeeze in-between groups that had signed up for a tee time.

There were TONS of people (players, players girlfriends/wives, average spectators) that walked up with their donation and asked to play. The people running it weren't going to turn down money, so they just jammed them in.

Can't guarantee you would get on, of course. But it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Does anyone know if they are going to put up 1st round tee times on USDGC.com? I think last year they didnt even tell you who was going off when on the first day. I know the starter has this info at the first tee, but it would be nice if they would release it to the public today.

They don't release the tee times until the player's meeting tonight. Tee Times will be posted at the PDGA and USDGC websites.

We're organizing a small, informal DGCR Meet at the USDGC this year.
If you are planning on being there, shoot me a PM with your name and phone #.
To see if we can co-ordinate a little bit.

A few of us will meet up at various times during the tourney, so keep your phones on vibrate and look for texts.
We'll all try to meet, at least for a few moments, after the last round on Saturday afternoon.
Hope to see you there, and send me those cell phone numbers if you can meet up!

Put it on film!

I'll probably be heading down to the USDGC early Sat Morning. I will probably hang with my buddy DSCJNKY who is caddying for Steve Rico again. Of course I will be bringing my video camera. See my USDGC videos on Youtube. Last year I filmed Steve, Philo, McCabe...: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIr4bkbFJQM
In 2008 I filmed the lead card on the final day: KC, Doss, AJ & Pauly McB..:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwhHKubAIH8
I also filmed the long drive contest, Big Jerm's side arm flick across the pond, etc. & I also took a bunch of pictures.
I bought both the VIP & Gen Admission tickets because you get a free custom USDGC disc with each ticket!
We played about 12 holes (casual round) after the final round was competed last year since I wasnt going to be there for Sundays spectator (open) play. They usually have so many people signed up for Sunday that it's a zoo! It takes 8 hours to play your round LOL. I dont want to get caught up in that mess!

Ropes have been up mostly for almost 3 weeks, plenty of chances to play the course other than just Sunday, including every day after the final group is in.

Exception: Beach hole basket was not in place and hay bales on #17.

Breaking news!

A spectator "parked" and got out to take a picture of lake winthrop. Only thing is that they forgot to put the car in park and it rolled all the way into the lake on hole #5. I'll post pictures once I get my hands on them.

Live scores every 6 holes could start within the next hour and live online coverage at 1:15 Eastern time each day.

Latest posts