• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 DGCR Southern California March Meet

snappyfingers

* Ace Member *
2011 DGCR Southern California
March Mayhem

Coyote Point DGC @ Lake Casitas
March 25th, 26th, & 27th

The Sunday SoCal DGCR Meet-up Group and the SoCal Chain Gang would like to extend an invitation to all DGCR members to the first annual DGCR Southern California Spring Meet. This three day event will be held at beautiful Coyote Point DGC at Lake Casitas in Ventura, CA. This 18 hole course overlooks Lake Casitas and plays over rugged yet scenic terrain. The course offers a diverse mix of holes that will test not only your stamina and mental game but also your overall disc golf abilities!

Members Attending

Confirmed
Apothecary (Long Beach, CA)
mentally_understable (Long Beach, CA)
Ventura_Tom (Santa Monica, CA) TT
Zenbot (Port Hueneme, CA) TT
discgolfer_dave aka SMDD (Bellflower, CA)
donniesharko +1 (Santa Fe Springs, CA) TT
elevated plastic (Truckee, CA) TT
HeiserSöze (Torrance, CA) TT
roadtripstuff (Columbus, OH) TT
yrnmbrsup (Sacramento, CA) TT
snappyfingers (San Gabriel, CA) TT
Lost in the Brambles (Seattle, WA) TT
terminaut (Huntington Beach, CA)
bazillion (Tustin, CA)
howardb (Castaic, CA) TT
OcDiscGolf (Santa Ana, CA)
Dolfer (Seattle, WA)
RobBass (Manhattan Beach, CA)
opizzao (Anaheim, CA)
The Wrist (Bakersfield, CA)
smoysmoy (Truckee, CA)
the todd (Incline Village, NV) TT
Ramelzer (Bellflower, CA)
DBurnham (Northern CA) TT
Avus (San Gabriel, CA)
Jesse Beck (Ventura, CA)
DUMAITOM (Huntington Beach, CA)
DavidCombs (Camarillo, CA)
Par Kay (Santa Ana, CA)

TT = DGCR Travel Tag Holder

Disc Golf Events

-Travel Tag "Bag Tag" Round (Don't forget your Tag!)
-Doubles Rounds (Best Shot, Worst Shot, etc.)
-Night Golf (Don't forget your lights!)
-Optional Ace Pool ($5 per member)
-Possible "BigFoot Challenge" Round (or something similar for those interested... Apothecary & Zenbot are in charge of this)

Camping

-Prepare yourselves for two nights under the stars!
-Everyone is encouraged to reserve a spot in Campground G. While there should be plenty of room in the sites already reserved, it's recommended that you book your own campground.
-If you're unable to reserve a campground, please contact me so that arrangements can be made.
-The cost of two nights is $57.50 and payment in full is expected at time of reservation.

Helpful Lake Casitas Camping Links:

Reservations,Fees & Contact Information
Campground Map
Campground G

As of yesterday (2/9/11), the following sites were still available:

1-15
17-21
29-34

Here's a map of what has been reserved so far. DGCR campsites are outlined in red.

grebe-2.jpg

CasitasCampgroundMap-1.jpg

Food

- Friday night Pot Luck! (Details to be worked out)
-All other food and refreshments are up to you. (Extra beer is encouraged!)
-Please come prepared with coolers, ice, cooking implements, cleaning supplies, utensils, etc.
-Zenbot may possibly be doing a "Taco Stand" one night. He'll be charging $1 or $2 per taco. All proceeds will go towards covering his expenses. Anything extra will go into the Ace Pool. If no one hits an ace the money will go t the Ventura Disc Golf Club to help maintain the course.

T-Shirts

- It's time to order your commemorative March Mayhem t-shirt!
- Cost is $12 per shirt + $2 to help cover the cost of the design... so $14 total per shirt!
- Payment can be made either via Paypal or you can give mentally_understable or myself cash in person
- To pay via Paypal, follow this link. You do not need to have a Paypal account to use this feature. Please note that you must enter at least $13 as the amount or your order will be declined. If you have anything extra, please donate that to help cover mentally_understable's cost for the artwork. Please specify the quantity and the size you need.
- All orders must be placed no later than March 11th. No exceptions!
-Shirts will be high quality, using Vapor Apparel's Moisture Wicking material
-Artwork designed by Skulboy!
-Shirt color will be white with black graphics
-Don't forget to thank mentally_understable for getting this taken care of!

The artwork:

SkulboyMarchMayhemArt.jpg

Nearby Shopping, Restaurants, Disc Stores

-Corner Market- Closest store to camp, Discraft discs, snacks, deli, camping supplies, firewood, beer/liquor
10552 Santa Ana Road
Ventura, CA 93001-9751
(805) 649-2789

-Marina Café-Located inside the Lake property
(805) 649-2514

-Real Cheap Sports-Best place for discs (mostly Innova, some Discraft, lots more in back room, just ask staff to help you), 12 miles from Lake
36 West Santa Clara Street
Ventura, CA 93001-2542
(805) 648-3803

-Anacapa Brewing Company-Great brew house and restaurant on Ventura's Main Street
472 East Main Street
Ventura, CA 93001
(805) 643-2337

-Downtown Ojai-Lots of restaurants, stores, art galleries, etc

General Information

-Check in is available at 2:00pm on Friday
-Check out is 12:30pm on Sunday
-Campground is about a half a mile from the course
-$10 per car to enter the park so carpool if you can! Entrance fees are not included in your camping fees.
-6 people allowed on each campsite with room for one, maybe two cars
-Pack for warm days and cool nights!
-Bring extra discs!
-Bring extra beer!
-Bring extra coolers!
-Don't do anything stupid to draw unwanted attention from the Rangers!
-Be prepared for fun, debauchery, mayhem and lots of DISC GOLF!!!

Questions?

Feel free to contact me...

Through DGCR
[email protected]

Also, if you have anything to volunteer, please send me a message! :thmbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
you KNOW im in.

my alter-ego, the thong-bomber, might be making an appearance (depending on how much blood is in my alcohol system).:|

I like the idea of throwing in for some ace pot! $5 donation

This is awesome, Going to try my hardest to convince the wife that if I dont go it will ruin my life.

i'll look into getting a spot tomorrow at work. I'll be coming from Tahoe thru Sac town down the 5 to the course if any nor cal peeps want to car pool.

-Should we get t-shirts printed? Not a bad idea, I know someone who has a T-shirt printing company, we can get them cheap!
-How should the food situation be handled?I always bring enough food for myself and extra to share, if we all do this we can have some awesome meals
-Do people have extra camping supplies they can bring for those that don't?Go to Walmart and buy some camping gear or sleep in your car.
-Who will be camping where? Zenbot and I have site 27 reserved.
-Should there be any kind of donation to cover any possible expenses?I think that's can be handled on the spot.
-Should we get some discs dyed to serve as prizes for possible competitions?I have no clue.
-Carpool/travel situation?Driving alone cause my car isn't big enough to carry more than me and my camping gear.
-Should there be an ace pool?You mean charity?!?!
-Will Apothecary rock the thong?Ohhh, yes he will!!!:thmbup:

I wish i could go but it's just too soon after the memorial with taking time off of work, and during my year of wedding planning. Hopefully within the next couple years I'll join in as living back in socal, and in that time I'll be very actively playing with all the folks from here.

Another option for tshirts is to have a logo made then post it to Cafepress, that way peeps can get the size, color, style of shirt they want, or other things like mugs, hats, stickers, thong ect. Just a thought.

I'll be there. I reserved campsite #26 No room for extra people in the car, It will be me, Teri and all the camping supplies. No problem pitching in for T-shirts, Discs, Ace-pool or whatever. Discgolferdave will be hanging with us in our campsite, but I'm sure everybody will be hanging out with whoever has the best Tequila!

As of 1:15pm today, campground #28 is still available!

Someone reserve it and that way we'll have four right next to each other!!!

Streck aus deinen heiften gelockten schwanz.

Aber beklecker nicht das Sofa, Sofa!