• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Goals

get better at putting and from further away

increase drive distance

play more!!!!!!!!

all should doable with xmas present ... mach lite basket oh yyeeaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

I wanna ace dammit!!! :p

Also, I want to get Gold TR sooner rather than later. :)

I wanna ace dammit!!! :p

Also, I want to get Gold TR sooner rather than later. :)

Wait have we discussed changing the TR criteria lately . . . we don't want Juke getting to Gold so quickly!

IMPROOVE
IMPROOVE
IMPROOVE

I want to improve my drives accuracy 50 feet.
I want to improve my midrange shots.
I want to improve my putting.
I want to start local leagues.
I want to design an actual course. (not just m own private course)
I want to grow the local Disc Golf network of players.
I want 5 new people to joing DGCR.
I want to play in as many tournaments as my unemployed butt can.

Ok..I'm not going to win 80 tournaments this year...but...

So, i'm not going to win 30 tournaments this year, but hey, i'll make a list anyway :popcorn: (and how i'm currently looking, for reference)

Putting
9/10 from inside 20' (7/10)
8/10 from 25' (5/10)
7/10 from 30' (4/10:wall:)

Driving
Continue transition into forehand (blew out elbow, so can't power BH)
Get drive up to 350' (currently 275'-300')

Courses
Have played courses in at least 7 different states (currently at 4)
Played Every course in Alabama by the time i graduate college in may (24/39)
Play 50 courses overall (31)
Play at least 1800 holes (998 this year)
Hopefully find a job close to disc golf (parents live 50 miles from a course):wall:

Local course goals
Play a 6 under round at My home course (university of south alabama) (-1)
Play a Par round at Cottage Hill park (Mobile, AL, Heavily wooded) (+5)
Play a 1 Under round at Langan Park (Mobile, AL) (+5)
PLay a 3 under round at Chickasabouge (Mobile, AL) (+3)

Discs
Have at least 4 mids in my bag (2)
And use them more consistently

Tournaments
Play in 2-3 tournaments (Never Played in one )

Last edited:
My goals :

- Enjoy golfing
- Get my 880 rating ( tournaments were a realy bad place for me this year ) up to the 940-950 level i normaly play at
- improve my level :)

- Driving. Distance AND accuracy. All needs work.
- get more comfortable with putting.

2011 Goals:

- Consistent 350' drive with my Teebird
- play 10 new courses
- play in at least one tournament (I've never played in a tournament)
- improve my putting

1) Have fun, b/c the most fun still wins.
2) Keep the wife happy. (Just got married on 10-30-2010)
3) Field practice at least once a week after the snow melts.
4) Practice putting as much as possible in the backyard.
5) Visit at least 5 new (to me) courses, hopefully out of state. Flip City & Lemon Lake, I'm comin' your way this year! ;)

Win the Bowling Green Amateur Championship.
Win the US AM National Championships.
Win AM Worlds.

I like to aim high. :hfive:

965 rated at the moment with maybe 400' of D. I have accurate BH and FH throws and reasonably accurate thumbers/rollers. I use a Nikko style pitch putt and I am working on my putting like crazy this winter.

2011 should be a fun year. ;)

Also, I live in Charlotte so I get lots of practice on challenging courses and get to see/use lots of different types of shots. There are lots of great players in the area to play with as well which awesome. I moved down here from Chicago and the quality of courses/players is mind-blowing by comparison. Also...winter golf. 50 and sunny out today...YAY!

Stay healthy.
Anything else is gravy.

Agreed – staying healthy and balancing disc golf with family are tied for goal #1.

Secondary goals:

Settle on a putting style and improve consistency. Putting makes everything else easier.

Settle on a driving style and improve consistency (are you noticing a theme yet?)

Play a few local tournaments, and average > 900 round ratings. I played my first tournament last year and had a blast, even though my second round was pretty horrid.

Take a few disc golf road trips. Time for DG is limited, but I should be able to squeeze in two or three day trips over the course of a year, hitting a couple of new courses on each trip.

Distance goals, looking for consistent averages rather than fluke throws. I'm getting close on everything except distance drivers.
Putters to 240'
Mids to 270'
Fairways to 300'
Distance drivers to 350'

One of my big goals is to actually play a course in the state where I live! I've played in West Virginia, Kentucky, and Virginia, and will be playing in Florida over Christmas, but I've never actually played a round in Ohio.

My other goals:

-Throw a sub-par round at Armco Park.
-Throw a sub-par round at Rotary Park.
-Play at least five courses on my wishlist.
-Play in at least one tournament.
-Increase my accurate distance. I can muscle a Leopard beyond 325', but I have no idea where it will be going with any certainty.

My goal is to put on the most kick ass women's tourney in the east (not even gonna mess with Texas).

Things are coming together slowly, a couple of bumps in the road to get over but I am hopeful things will go well. I want to start a tradition with this as it seems all the tradition in the sport is drying up.

For me, being more consistent and staying healthy. No more arm injuries!! Means I will have to pick and choose my tournament participation wisely but I still want to throw a few. If I can put my crap in the proverbial sock I can throw some 950 rated rounds...big jump over my 834.

For Christy, get her back on the wagon. Employment has taken her from an over 800 rating skilled player back to low 700s. Hopefully we can find a happy medium and get her playing 750 golf.

Pretty simple list

1.) Improve my putting
2.) Improve my putting
3.) Improve my putting
4.) Improve my putting
5.) Win the Southern Nations AM Championship (largely dependant upon 1,2,3 and 4)

Goals:

1. Get PGDA membership
2. Move Up to and Place Consistently in the top 5 in intermediate (a little lofty but i think achievable with the improvements i've seen lately)
3. increase my putting confidence
4. Solidify my bag
5. help club become official and recognized in austin area
6. put on 1st tourney or begin to host weekly mini's <--- this one is my main DG career goal!

Last edited:

Latest posts