• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Ohio DGCR Meet: Sept. 23rd, 24th & 25th

roadtripstuff

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
2011 Ohio DGCR Meet

Sept. 23rd, 24th & 25th, 2011

Come play three of central Ohio's best:

Gordon Holton Memorial, The Player's Course at Alum Creek, and Brent Hambrick Memorial

All DGCR members, friends, and family from Ohio and beyond are welcome to attend this 2+ day event being held just 30 minutes north of Columbus, Ohio. Gordon Holton Memorial DGC and The Player's Course at Alum Creek were both featured in the 2010 Am Worlds, while the Brent Hambrick Memorial Course is home to the prestigious Brent Hambrick Memorial a National Tour event held each summer.

Ideas & Information

Players Packs
Okay the player's packs are going to be as follows:

1. Dri-Fit Tshirt

picture.php

2. Bag Tag
3. Paragon Towel

4. DX Roc
5. Star Leopard

Hotstamp
picture.php

No Longer Taking Orders For Player's Packs.

Prizes
If anyone has anything they are willing to donate for prizes that would be great. Discs, shirts, hats, anything really. Please shoot me a PM with any donations.

Disc Golf Events
  • Glow Round
  • Singles Round
  • Doubles Round
  • Survivor Golf
  • Ring of Fire
  • CTP
  • Ace Pots
  • Long Drive Competition (Please sign up via PM to an event coordinator listed below)

All events are free to enter (excluding ace pots). Prizes will be donations provided by those attending the event.

Itinerary
All events will be very casual and of course none are mandatory. If you have any questions or suggestions please contact an event coordinator or post in the thread below. All times are subject to change.

Friday
  • Random Draw Dubs: Gordon Holton Memorial DGC
    --Check In....4:00PM-5:00PM
    --Start Time..5:00PM

• Glow Round: Delaware State Park (Course TBD)
    --Check In....7:00PM
    --Start Time..8:00PM

Saturday

Sunday

Lodging
Below is information on both camping and nearby hotels. If you have any questions on the parks, hotels, or area in general feel free to contact roadtripstuff.

Hotels

Camping

Delaware State Park
  • All Sites Are Electic
  • Pets Allowed
  • Four People Per Site
  • Two Vehicles Per Site
  • Two Tents Per Site
  • All Sites Are Full or Partly Shaded

Cost: $15.00 Per Person

picture.php

Sites in red have been reserved by DGCR members.

Payments can be made in person or via paypal ([email protected]). Please include your name, number of people in your party, number of vehicles and tents, and any special requests. If you need to make other payment arrangements please contact me via PM or email at the email address above. Please submit all Paypal payments as a gift or include the extra funds for the fees, I'm fine with either.

Once I have the campsites reserved I will post the site numbers and campground map.

Event Coordinators

Confirmed Members

Members in green have paid for their player's packs.

Maybes

*Members that have confirmed camping.

All members wishing to attend please RSVP to roadtripstuff via PM. Please include the following in your RSVP: number of people in your party, days you will be attending, whether or not you plan on camping, and if you want a players pack (please include number of packs, shirt size, and preferred disc weights.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! I plan to attend at least one day and Deleware is not all that far from me.

arrrg.. My GF will never let me do two weekends in a row. I would've loved to come to this one. (butts up with mid-atlantic).

Girlfriends can be bribed. :p

Seriously though, I'll most likely be heading up on Friday night and camping all weekend. Anyone who wants/plans on camping let me know and we can try to reserve campsites that are next to one another.

I've never played any courses in the area but I've heard great things about them. I'll mark this on my calendar and plan on attending.

Cool !!! I'm trying for the 23rd and 24th , I have the Ace Race on the 25th @ simms.

Alright guys. I have a suggestion for a distance competition. I like the idea if there are enough participants. If you are interested please shoot me a message or post here in the thread.

I'll be contacting a mod here shortly and get the names of those that have confirmed added to the list.

Will see if I can make it down for Sat & Sun. Go easy on me though, not sure I can handle another 135 hole weekend!

Disregard everything I said about not gwtting there til Saturday evening, ill be there friday evening. just confirmed with my boss :)

Alright guys, first post has been updated with everyone that has contacted me and confirmed so far. I posted some new information in there about players packs and prizes, check it out.

If anyone contacted me today and you aren't on the confirmed list, let me know. Also, anyone that wants to camp, be sure to include that in your PM so I can figure out how many campsites we need to reserve. Thanks guys. Hope everyone can attend.

Great...I'm going to try to make it both Sat and Sun. Lodging TBD.
I will vote for a full players pack (2 discs, T-shirt, Towel and Bag Tag). Mini?

Thanx for the info!!!!!

Great...I'm going to try to make it both Sat and Sun. Lodging TBD.
I will vote for a full players pack (2 discs, T-shirt, Towel and Bag Tag). Mini?

Thanx for the info!!!!!

not sure on the minis yet. That depends on what kind of package deal we get and that depends on what kind of plastic and how many we order. They won't be custom or else were looking at another 4.00 per players pack.