• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 Georgia's Super Six Series (GSSS) Information

Cool thanks KJ.
I noticed GA hasn't held a "State" championship the past few years that I've been able to find. Do most folks just consider AO to be the "big" event, and a "states" per se has gone by the wayside?

Would love to get back to my home state to play a tourney again(glad I got to do the Crucible at least once before it went bye bye.

States hasn't been held since Nisewonder stopped running it in Toccoa.

The A/O has been the big Event in GA the past 4 years (I did run an A-tier as part of the GSSS in 2010), but Rand is not doing it in 2012.

The Sanctioned Event schedule for GA can always be found here: http://www.discgolfatlanta.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3031
and has Events added during the year as TD's choose dates, so keep checking back.

Keith

Keith, it looks like I'll be able to take you up on your offer. My company is moving me to Alabama, so I'm just going to be a car drive a way.

Why is the Atlanta Open cancelled? I'd love to be at that tourney.

Congrats - hopefully you'll be here long enough to acclimate to the spring weather.

You can read Rand's comments in the Atl Open thread on the Discgolfatlanta website.

See you there,
Keith

States hasn't been held since Nisewonder stopped running it in Toccoa.

The A/O has been the big Event in GA the past 4 years (I did run an A-tier as part of the GSSS in 2010), but Rand is not doing it in 2012.

The Sanctioned Event schedule for GA can always be found here: http://www.discgolfatlanta.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3031
and has Events added during the year as TD's choose dates, so keep checking back.

Keith

Don't forget all the Major's, NT's and A Tier's we run at the IDGC......that is Georgia too ;)

Don't forget all the Major's, NT's and A Tier's we run at the IDGC......that is Georgia too ;)

Yes I know Jason, but he was talking "states" not being in Toccoa and A/O replacing it locally (I meant ATL area wise - and unlike the ADGO site I can't edit posts here after a few moments have passed, so any mistakes or mispoken words stay that way on this site).:doh:

The Augusta area is the best for Majors and other large scale PDGA Events with the IDGC and the Hippodrome complex hosting things year round locally in that area.
Plus with the Lake, PK and Riverview there are some other quality courses all within 1/2 hour or so from the IDGC.

Keith