• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 Georgia's Super Six Series (GSSS) Information

Reminder that in less than 2 hours signup for all 6 Events begins - the GSSS Home website has also been fully updated for 2012 (minus that the logo picture which I can't change yet which still has 2011) at www.supersixseries.com

All six Event signup for the 2012 GSSS goes on sale at MIDNITE here:
http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1322630266

First 10 signups recieve a special gift for the 5th and final year of the GSSS!!!

Only 22 spots are available for all 6 Event signup, so if you wanted to play - now is the time to signup.

Thanks in advance to anyone who signs up and a HUGE thanks to everyone who has supported the Series over the first 4 years!

Keith

its possible to sign up now, before re-registering with PDGA for next year? We just have to be up-to-date on the day of the tourny..?

its possible to sign up now, before re-registering with PDGA for next year? We just have to be up-to-date on the day of the tourny..?

Yes - you don't even have to be a PDGA member if you don't want as they are C-Tiers, not A-Tier or higher which REQUIRE membership - (Although it saves you $60 bucks to be a member which only costs $50 for AM)

IF YOU ARE GOING TO SIGNUP for the PDGA - DO NOT click on the non-member button - and if for some reason you don't join before the first or any Event, you must pay the $10 non member fee when you check-in.

Keith

Thanks to Gerrit Van Vranken for being the 1st to signup waiting an entire 10 SECONDS after Midnite (slacker) :p

A heartfelt thanks also goes out to Scott Vaughan for only taking 10 minutes to dig enough cash out of his new couch to get signed up. :thmbup:

And a SPECIAL THANK YOU goes out to for the 5th straight year of the GSSS (spending 200 CASH on top of the 20% he kicks in to Each Event in sponsorship!) and 7th year overall of Sponsoring my Events - his support of Disc Golf in the Metro Atlanta area, and his families support of the game and having Events on thier property near Rome has been MUCH appreciated by myself.

Only 18 spots are left in the all 6 Event signup- and only 6 more to be in the first 10 which entitles you to extra goodies on top of the stuff you get for signing up for all 6!

Signup here:

And just for Scott..........
Don't get left out! tm

I think your cut/paste left out the name of your big sponsor. It's Wes Campbell!!

Last edited:
Hey Sean,

I remember meeting you at the Haywood Valley tourney in July. It was hot that day and Haywood Valley is a tough course!!! Sorry our Georgia heat wasn't very kind! Hope to see you again some time with maybe some nicer weather.

Craig

Howdy! I had a good chat with you while I was there, that heat kicked my @$$ for sure, NEVER had anything close to that happen to me before.

Hey Sean - Haywood Valley is on APRIL 14th this year - Springtime 70 degree weather with the trees just starting to bloom - Plan your trip now start drinking water now by April you'll be good and hydrated and I'll comp your entry if you make it back here - hated to see you be in first place and then have to drop.

Keith

I'll see what I can do, that weather sounds A LOT better lol. I appreciate that offer Keith, truly, very awesome of you to do so. That totally sucked to be up and winning like that and have to dog out. Believe me when I say I didn't want to...my mind was willing, but my body gave up on me. That was rough! I had a great time there and met a lot of cool people. I thought that was pretty awesome of Rob to give me some of his winnings afterwards....I couldn't believe it. I wish we had more people like that here in AK.

Either way, hats off to you guys and I hope the season turns out well and you sell out. Maybe I missed it, but why is the GSSS dying off this year?

Thanks to Gerrit Van Vranken for being the 1st to signup waiting an entire 10 SECONDS after Midnite (slacker) :p

A heartfelt thanks also goes out to Scott Vaughan for only taking 10 minutes to dig enough cash out of his new couch to get signed up. :thmbup:

And a SPECIAL THANK YOU goes out to Wes Campbell for the 5th straight year of the GSSS (spending 200 CASH on top of the 20% he kicks in to Each Event in sponsorship!) and 7th year overall of Sponsoring my Events - his support of Disc Golf in the Metro Atlanta area, and his families support of the game and having Events on thier property near Rome has been MUCH appreciated by myself.

Only 18 spots are left in the all 6 Event signup- and only 6 more to be in the first 10 which entitles you to extra goodies on top of the stuff you get for signing up for all 6!

Signup here:

And just for Scott..........
Don't get left out! tm

Either way, hats off to you guys and I hope the season turns out well and you sell out. Maybe I missed it, but why is the GSSS dying off this year?

They will sell out I hope as they all have since the first one - and it's not dying off, it's just me cutting back -as when I started the Series 5 years ago there was only 13 PDGA sanctioned Events and about 5-10 nonsanctioned Events in the state - now there are 35 or so PDGA and about 25-30 unsanctioned a year along with 7-10 new courses and tons more stuff, with still the same amount of weekends.
Also since I'm also designing and maintaining / helping maintain courses and have lots of other opportunities coming up in 2012 - it's time to just run maybe 1-3 a year at the places I'm taking care of already as I know how they are year round, and can plan the best time to hold Events on them.

Hope you get the opportunity to come back to play ANY Event and keep in touch if you do - I'll still comp your entry to any one you choose.

Keith

They will sell out I hope as they all have since the first one - and it's not dying off, it's just me cutting back -as when I started the Series 5 years ago there was only 13 PDGA sanctioned Events and about 5-10 nonsanctioned Events in the state - now there are 35 or so PDGA and about 25-30 unsanctioned a year along with 7-10 new courses and tons more stuff, with still the same amount of weekends.
Also since I'm also designing and maintaining / helping maintain courses and have lots of other opportunities coming up in 2012 - it's time to just run maybe 1-3 a year at the places I'm taking care of already as I know how they are year round, and can plan the best time to hold Events on them.

Hope you get the opportunity to come back to play ANY Event and keep in touch if you do - I'll still comp your entry to any one you choose.

Keith

Awesome! I really appreciate that Keith, I'll let you know as soon as I know.

Updated list is posted below for anyone who is interested:
Down to 8 First run Star Lycans and 13 World Championship metal flake Champion plastic TeeDevils available for sale now - first come first served.
These disc retail at online vendors for around 20- $25 each plus shipping.
You may mix or match.

GSSS Prices are $22 each or 2 for $40
Lycans
1 red 175 - 1 orange 175
1 yellow 176
1 blue 177
1 red 180 - 1 white 180- 1 orange 180

GSSS Prices are $22 each or 2 for $40
Champion TeeDevils
1 Green 167 - 1 purple 167
1 blue 168
1 red 169
1 red 170
1 red 171 - 1 blue 171
1 green 172
1 green 175 - 2 red 175 - 1 blue 175 - 1 purple 175

PM here or call 305-720-8422 between 9AM-10PM to choose - as discs sell I will remove them from the list as soon as possible.

Keith if you place that post in the marketplace you might have more success! You will also then be able to edit your first post continually as numbers change.

A little off topic but figured I'd ask since I knew you were knowledgable of disc events in GA. While back home in Macon these past few days I noticed they just had a fund raiser tournament at Bowden Ball Golf Course in preparation to hold 2012 GA State Championships there. I was shocked and excited to hear this happening. Do you know if this will indeed happen and any idea on time of year?
Thanks

The Event held there was a fundraiser and to see how the design would work with Event play - It is a decent hole after hole course as it stands now, and it is needing several tweaks and the guy(s) looking to do this will need to get alot done before any "championship" would be able to be held there.
They did raise alot of money and there was talk of getting some baskets in March, but I'm not on the "in the know loop" about everything happening there.

You are better off looking up Matt Dollar or John Harrison on Facebook and asking them for the details.

Keith