• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Pro Worlds at Lemon Lake

5 courses x 18 baskets = a lot of paint and time. Players are used to making the call on 10m themselves.

I see what you're saying, but that's something that can be done ahead of time. I know that players are used to making the call, but this is one of the biggest events in the game. I thought things like that were considered a given.

Circles should be there for this size of an event.

Circles provide consistency from group to group of where you can and can't jump putt.

Is there a reason the circle isn't painted around the baskets? I just realized I've seen multiple players walking off their lie. Seems like it's too big of an event to leave to footsteps.

probably because no one is sure if the 10m circle is parallel to the ground or horizontal regardless of the slope....

If someone offers you a chance to design a course, please decline. None of the top designers would agree with your opinions on this topic.

Just something satisfying about the best players in the world getting bogeys on a 200ft hole with a fairway. Im sure others agree

I see what you're saying, but that's something that can be done ahead of time. I know that players are used to making the call, but this is one of the biggest events in the game. I thought things like that were considered a given.

I don't know about a given, but I think it's becoming more frequent at events with one course to deal with, maybe some with two courses. I think it's great when events do it, personally, but I don't know that it's quite to the point where it is or should be expected at all the big events.

Circles should be there for this size of an event.

Circles provide consistency from group to group of where you can and can't jump putt.

Some of these holes have some pretty gnarly stuff, maybe even some OB, inside the circle. It might make drawing full circles pretty challenging. They could still make a partial effort, of course. I have no strong feeling here.

Just something satisfying about the best players in the world getting bogeys on a 200ft hole with a fairway. Im sure others agree

I don't think one hole with that scoring spread of that distance is that big of a deal....

But yes, in general I agree that a hole shouldn't produce that spread if it's that short.

I don't think one hole with that scoring spread of that distance is that big of a deal....

But yes, in general I agree that a hole shouldn't produce that spread if it's that short.

Idk if u seen the hole mtl, but its very birdie-able, and an easy par if u play 100ft jump putts. I honestly think its a very risk/ reward hole, most pros take the risk.

Kansas City Wide Open is on 4-5 courses (depending on year) and the greens have circles painted. This is the Worlds. They should be painted.

no. its stupid. just cause it makes you feel like your some how equal to them (cause you suck and they sometimes do too) doesnt make it a good hole/design.

Kansas City Wide Open is on 4-5 courses (depending on year) and the greens have circles painted. This is the Worlds. They should be painted.

They were brush hogging holes on White last Friday (as players practiced). They got a little behind on the preparations apparently.