• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Pro Worlds at Lemon Lake

5 to 6 inches of rain this week have saturated Lemon Lake....not much work can happen in these conditions...

How bad of shape is Gold in? Thinking about going up Sunday if I don't go to the Quad Cities.

I played Lemon Lake when it first opened, like almost right away, and haven't been back since then. I imagine it's changed a bit since then?

What is the full-field cap for open? I'm a pro that didn't get an invite, so I'm waiting till June 21st to register.

I liked that they cleaned up the front side of the green on Gold 8. MUCH more friendly landing zone/lay up area.

Would still like to see more of a fairway mowed out on 8/9. Its a pain finding discs. I like the concept of being punished by having to throw from the tall grass, but its just so annoying finding discs. It slows the speed of play down greatly.

Looking forward to seeing the "Super White" course. I'm still a little confused as to why it isn't finished yet.

Would still like to see more of a fairway mowed out on 8/9. Its a pain finding discs. I like the concept of being punished by having to throw from the tall grass, but its just so annoying finding discs. It slows the speed of play down greatly.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who hates this too.

@ Dana....the weather has apparently slowed down the parks departments efforts to finish the white course...seems they were 'too busy' over the winter months.... They are currently requesting volunteer help from the local disc golfers but none of us want to pay an entry fee to do volunteer work further delaying the project....I suspect they'll get it done in the nick of time.

Wider fairways on 8/9 would require more mowing by the parks department......

I've seen courses with tall prairie grass rough where the fairway was mowed wider in a specific landing zone which rewarded people throwing controlled tee shots. Anybody trying to play beyond that is doing so under their own risk... So instead of mowing the entire fairway, they could just mow out a landing bubble at the 400-450ft mark keeping the rest of the fairway as is.

That's just an idea. I personally think the fairways on 8 and 9 are more than wide enough.

any word on the white course?

will be there tomorrow and am hoping to play it and gold.

They are still working on it, might be able to walk it?

Course work days scheduled for the 14 and 21.

@ Dana....the weather has apparently slowed down the parks departments efforts to finish the white course...seems they were 'too busy' over the winter months.... They are currently requesting volunteer help from the local disc golfers but none of us want to pay an entry fee to do volunteer work further delaying the project....I suspect they'll get it done in the nick of time.

Wider fairways on 8/9 would require more mowing by the parks department......

FWIW, per Brian Cummings you get free entry to the park when you come for work days.

Latest posts