• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Pro Worlds at Lemon Lake

Players usually don't know the final 9 layout because it's always safari holes, temp holes or holes that weren't played throughout the week by the division.

The layout was published in the player's handbook. I also saw Schusterick and Locastro watching the women play hole 2 and 3. I think they were too busy being critical of the volunteers working to control the crowd to pay attention to the hole layout. Not impressed.

1. I think the MPO card was the only one that had issues. I was waiting for Will and Paul to warn Dave and Nikko on home 2 since both of them walked all the way down to the the landing zone before coming back to the pad. Nikko was first up and coulda been stroked on that one. I was really surprising that it was those two since they were both down there watching the ladies play 3 so there shouldn't of been a need for them to delay the round that way.

Nope - MPO wasn't the only group that had issues...I was there for Womens Masters, Legends and Senior Grandmasters and Grandmasters as they made the turn from the #3 tee under the trees to the #3 basket. Maybe that's not as big an issue for those cards since they don't throw near as far but still that looked kind of silly as they are all scratching their heads wondering where the next basket is.

Also, how stupid would the PDGA official look if he stroked Nikko when his card mates were the ones trying to find out where the landing zone ought to be because no one on the card adequately understood the layout? Heck, they were trying to figure out how far to push the crowd back. I know cause I was in that part of the crowd. :)

It wasn't really that big an issue on how far to push back the crowd, I was there too..as for all the divisions you mentioned, all the info was published, if they did t know it was on them...

As I left the park Friday night I saw the masters division leaders practicing the final 9 layout, playing approaches from where they planned on landing and such.

I'd be surprised if the open men hadn't at least mentally done the same. The layout was in our caddy books.

I thought Duesler left as the Communications and Marketing Director to start Discgolfplanet. I do think it makes the sport look bad that he is heading the media side when he has such a bad image.

this i hope isn't true. so good ole boys hire each other and just spend the money.

If you want a history lesson look at how the AVP did when they did this! spoiler alert they went belly up! everyone getting a piece. the players not getting paid quickly. AVP had NBC money, girls in Bikinis and they failed because too many hands in the cookie jar.

i could see this in disc golf just wish it wasn't true.

money in 1999 for first place 4000 that is more than in 2013 if you factor inflation into it. actually 600 dollars more.

so the event is dying...sad but true.

money in 1999 for first place 4000 that is more than in 2013 if you factor inflation into it. actually 600 dollars more.

so the event is dying...sad but true.

I think it would be reasonable to take in a little more data than that before coming to your conclusion.

But elnino is responsible for global warming and global warming is responsible for elnino......so it all makes sense.

I think it would be reasonable to take in a little more data than that before coming to your conclusion.

But elnino is responsible for global warming and global warming is responsible for elnino......so it all makes sense.

okay maybe i like to over react but is the USDGC still pro/am with no money? I was a huge fan of that tourney and it lost it for me when feldberg lost by 35 strokes to an injured am.

okay maybe i like to over react but is the USDGC still pro/am with no money? I was a huge fan of that tourney and it lost it for me when feldberg lost by 35 strokes to an injured am.

The USDGC is split into the Open and Performance flights. The Open flight is the traditional format where the top pros compete for money. The Performance flight allows ams to play Winthrop Gold without devaluing the Open flight. It also brings potential spectators to the tournament which could help getting sponsors.