• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

am honestly really surprised at the amount of people talking down about these girls. They are making disc golf a more open and welcoming sport for women and they get sh*t talked because of a bad day. Everyone has a bad day.
Yep. Professional athletes have a bad day and fans critique/talk about it online.

Basically you're saying the FPO lead card needs to be coddled so we can 'grow the sport?'

Unreal. The level of white knighting around here is just insane.

Yep. Professional athletes have a bad day and fans critique/talk about it online.

Basically you're saying the FPO lead card needs to be coddled so we can 'grow the sport?'

:clap:

Hell, if real pro athletes have days like that and its on the national NEWS.

She flicks vulcans, and to whoever asked no she isn't a local here. She's a local at my home course.

Thanks! She played the holes very well obviously knew what shots to throw where and executed them. Excited to see more of her on the FPO cards hopefully.

Yea she is a great player that's for sure! She can give any fpo competitor a game.

no one should miss those putts like Kelsey did at that level of play. Even with a finger issue or whatever it just shows how far DG needs to come, in so many areas'

then you have guys like right before you who think she should get props for trying?! come on' put some more lipstick on the piggy already....
:thmbup: People keep treating Kelsey like shes a six year old kid. Shes an adult & a professional athlete. She isn't in elementary school, she doesn't need a participation ribbon for trying. I wonder if these guys get mad at men on ESPN when they say a female athlete played poorly.

:thmbup: If Feldberg, Schusterick, Nikko or any other man that's a pro was putting terribly, no one would be saying we need to take it easy on them to grow the sport. Just because they're women doesn't mean we need to treat them like little kids. What happened to equality? A female comments on a man playing poorly in a sport & its totally acceptable. When a guy comments on a woman playing poorly they get called out & looked down on. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to demean women. When I'm dating a woman I treat her with respect, I hold doors for her & pay for her meals. I just don't think women need to be babied in sports. There's plenty of women who have thicker skin than a lot of men.

Kelsey is a local to my hometown of Missoula, MT and I'm pretty sure she went to school with my brother. I've seen her play so much better, but I've seen all those ladies (with the exception of Ms. Weese how I've never seen play) play better. I've taken my daughter to many tourneys to see Val and PP and others play, and I would have been embarrased to show her that level of play. Just being honest.
Normally I watch the FPO vids and somewhat sadly realize that all those Ladies could beat me. Not this time.

I wonder how the men fared? Seemd (just judging by results on PDGA.com) that they also had a relatively rough time. Maybe the course is harder than it looks?

Thank you! There should be a dress code in discgolf from now on. Why do they all have to wear something red... This is not good on TV... :p

The course looks easy first sight. But it seems to have mandatories and ob everywhere. And seems to favor lefthand/forehand throwers. Maybe that is why Weese did well? Seems like Devan Owens and Sarah Hokom aren't there for a benchmark...

I'm guessing its an older course. Looks pretty wide open.

Avast me hearties! Boring mando's and absurd OB ahead!

Nikko's attitude. :wall::doh::thmbdown:
I guess you never heard of a guy called John McEnroe. I guess you don't know that he is one of the fan favorites even today. I would guess he actually made tennis quite popular on TV for throwing tantrums and increased ratings quite a bit.

But it really seems like you all like those emotional bricks a lot better. Those that can't open their mouth. That silently kick something when they go ob while the camera is not on them anymore. Emotions are part of the game. And it is very human to show them. If you get upset about his emotions you should get upset about celebrating as well. About running up to the basket after a made put. And you should tell the guys that yell something like "get in the hole" to shut up.

You think he distracted the other guys? Well they are not pros if they get distracted by this. I guess they would run off the field crying in any other sports. Even cross-country has more trash talk...

You think he gives the sport a bad image? Hell no. He is the guy that makes it intersting for people to watch. Interesting for people who have no clue about discgolf.They don't understand the art/stupidity of a roller. But they can relate to emotions. Especially the ones when it went wrong.

He is the one guy that right now seperates discgolf from being dead boring and watchable for non discgolf nerds. Fans are expecting variations. They need a storyline. Why else would anyone film him throwing stuff at the tree to retieve his disc. You think that should have been cut out? It was the funniest part. He was the only one with guts to go for it on hole 17. They are all capable to throw 400ft. But he is the one that made it entertaining.

But please go ahead and complain about him if you want discgolf making the top ten lists of most boring sports in the future. Or maybe no list at all.

I guess you never heard of a guy called John McEnroe. I guess you don't know that he is one of the fan favorites even today. I would guess he actually made tennis quite popular on TV for throwing tantrums and increased ratings quite a bit.

But it really seems like you all like those emotional bricks a lot better. Those that can't open their mouth. That silently kick something when they go ob while the camera is not on them anymore. Emotions are part of the game. And it is very human to show them. If you get upset about his emotions you should get upset about celebrating as well. About running up to the basket after a made put. And you should tell the guys that yell something like "get in the hole" to shut up.

You think he distracted the other guys? Well they are not pros if they get distracted by this. I guess they would run off the field crying in any other sports. Even cross-country has more trash talk...

You think he gives the sport a bad image? Hell no. He is the guy that makes it intersting for people to watch. Interesting for people who have no clue about discgolf.They don't understand the art/stupidity of a roller. But they can relate to emotions. Especially the ones when it went wrong.

He is the one guy that right now seperates discgolf from being dead boring and watchable for non discgolf nerds. Fans are expecting variations. They need a storyline. Why else would anyone film him throwing stuff at the tree to retieve his disc. You think that should have been cut out? It was the funniest part. He was the only one with guts to go for it on hole 17. They are all capable to throw 400ft. But he is the one that made it entertaining.

But please go ahead and complain about him if you want discgolf making the top ten lists of most boring sports in the future. Or maybe no list at all.

No he doesn't. LOL Him cussing and throwing F Bombs out to onlookers does not engage outside people. Actually he is the personification of what hurts disc golf and the stereotype that hurts it the most to try and get my employed friends to try it is that it's a bunch of bipolar stoners. He does not help the sport by acting like a complete *******. Sorry. Paul McBeth guaranteed has brought in more money and people into the sport while hotheads like him and Avery drive people off.

No he doesn't. LOL Him cussing and throwing F Bombs out to onlookers does not engage outside people. Actually he is the personification of what hurts disc golf and the stereotype that hurts it the most to try and get my employed friends to try it is that it's a bunch of bipolar stoners. He does not help the sport by acting like a complete *******. Sorry. Paul McBeth guaranteed has brought in more money and people into the sport while hotheads like him and Avery drive people off.

This. It's just uncomfortable to watch. If you think Nikko's temper tantrums are fun to watch, or help the game, I just don't understand where you're coming from.

Thank you! There should be a dress code in discgolf from now on. Why do they all have to wear something red... This is not good on TV... :p

The course looks easy first sight. But it seems to have mandatories and ob everywhere. And seems to favor lefthand/forehand throwers. Maybe that is why Weese did well? Seems like Devan Owens and Sarah Hokom aren't there for a benchmark...

I'm guessing its an older course. Looks pretty wide open.

Avast me hearties! Boring mando's and absurd OB ahead!

You're both mostly right. It's an older course I believe, but it's also fairly wide open and totally flat. Lots of trees around, including some that are pretty large.

It just runs around a pretty heavily used park (baseball fields, basketball courts, playgrounds, and because the terrain is so boring, many of the holes are uninteresting as well. All of mandos help make it a more interesting course, prevent the big guys from throwing hyzer bombs on every hole.

EDIT: Also, not sure how I feel about Will's new hairstyle.

As for Paige, what the heck was that? She was rusted solid. So much OB, poor putting, poor execution...etc. She's too good to keep playing like that.

She seems to have picked up alot of weird nervous habits/routines - her driving looks a bit mechanical now and I dunno what she is doing on a putt. Almost like feeling the disc with her left hand and then trying to put in some jerky motion while wearing bulky silver rings, etc.

Despite the fauxhawk and puberty beard, Nikko at least looks a lot more cleaned up then years previous. He still shreds the course, tantrums or not.

Latest posts