• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

After watching the Throw Down the Mountain footage I was thinking that it would be interesting to see an "in the bag" with John E McCray since he uses an all Gateway bag. That very thing was just posted today... good stuff.

Seeing how McCray absolutely kills it with all Gateway discs makes me wonder why Nikko was always using a mixed bag when he was with Gateway...

Last edited:
After watching the Throw Down the Mountain footage I was thinking that it would be interesting to see an "in the bag" with John E McCray since he uses an all Gateway bag. That very thing was just posted today... good stuff.

Seeing how McCray absolutely kills it with all Gateway discs makes me wonder why Nikko was always using a mixed bag when he was with Gateway...

Because he could.

Dave offered Nikko more money/discs if he went all Gateway. Nikko refused. He wanted more money but he did not want to switch to all Gateway to do it.

Can anyone here clue the Deaf guy in with what JohnE listed?
No subtitle option to read broken English =[

Can anyone here clue the Deaf guy in with what JohnE listed?
No subtitle option to read broken English =[

Sure:

Bag always changing, got ~60 discs he's phasing in and out of his bag, depending on course

putters: 4 Wizards
2 for putting/short upshots, one soft, one stiff
2 for driving

midranges:
1 Element - turnover/hyzer flips
2 eEement-x - 1 starting to get US, one straigther
2 Warrior - for a bit of wind, one "beautifully" straight, one a bit OS
1 Karama - for more wind / predictable upshot disc
Not in this bag that weekend: Demon - hooked him on Gateway, most reliable disc in his opinion

drivers:
1 Blaze (Evolution) - main driver for every line, wishes it had more distance
2 Apache - one well worn, one newish, both for turnovers / hyzer flips
2 Illusion - staple of his bag, one he keeps fresh by not throwing it on holes with trees, one quite worn, turnover disc for wind
3 Spirit - one worn-in "woodsy" disc (in his bag for 4-5 years), likes it for flicks, one middle-of-the-road goes long but still crashes hard at the end, one meat hook, wind fighter
3 Slayer - max D, one worn, one straight, one newer

Thanks man! Them E-blazes were $. I'm with him in wishing they could go as long as the Squall.

I wonder about the availability of certain discs given that JohnE has been around gateway for a long time and the instability of gateway plastic. In the past, found it hard to stock up gateway plastic without actually feeling their plastic one by one. Discarding the ones that didnt feel right or fly like advertised. I wonder how JohnE adapts with this especially cycling in the current stuff when compared to his ol' trustworthy discs.

Last edited:
Go watch Black Hawk and Red Hawk and let me see how this RHBH vs LHBH chart works. :thmbup:

You can see Red Hawk on a Clash video (if it's the same course).

^^ That must be before Nikko finally started switching his bag to mostly Prodigy. He threw either his Destroyer or his Firebird on most of those holes.

I played Brandywine SO MANY years ago now! That course typified mid eastern style course for me, for a long time, with the old timey rock walls and such. Nice memories....

(And I did not have any firebirds or destroyers; I'll tell you that!) :)

Trees right in front of the tee; as on hole #1 is also a thing that seemed east coast specific...

Last edited:

Latest posts