• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

Dude's an evil genius on those layouts man. I heard rumor of an alt hole that would play from 2's pad to 3's alt position lol

Who's your partner?

Bergdawg :)

http://youtu.be/kef7YBxkl4E

This counts as a tourney video right?

I love this stuff. Love this game, and want to see as much video as possible, not just tourney vids but behind the scenes, in the bags, practice work, putting, everything. Even better when it's from the best player in the world. As much as I love that form, I find no greater youtube joy than watching those putts drain. Great to see a bit of "in the life" and the fun you have with your boys on the road.

Unfortunately, after seeing that injury, my chances of seeing a lefty round from McBeast went from slim to none :(

You never know ...

First off - thanks for the compliment. I'm realize there are a number of people doing filming, editing, and both live and post commentating.

I've now had the challenge of many different formats and I'm always looking to improve. I'm not sure if it's good or bad that I almost never have the time to watch ANY disc golf footage produced by anyone. How did Sweet Brown once put it? "Ain't nobody got time for dat".

Anyway - I bet eMac is a phenomenal commentator and you just never know where or when some type of collaboration could take place. It is good to know we'd at least have DangeRuss logged in and supporting!

I do hope people like and support my newest video effort coming in just 8 short days:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=742884199077769

If I had to pick two people to do commentary on disc golf, possibly dgplanet.tv style...it would be Terry Miller and Emac. They are old enough to embrace the seriousness of it while still being young enough to relate to the audience and the players. I love listening to Terry's commentary and Emac's take on holes, players, and sponsers are great.

P.S. no offense to CCDG...I think you guys do a great job too. :)

Terry and Emac in the studio doing the play-by-play and color commentary

Billy Crump doing his best Tony Siragusa as the man on the course with insight from the players and spectators.

And that's an under-represented facet of coverage ... on course interviews with spectators who either have a legit relationship with the players being followed, are representative of disc golf history, or are well-known and respected enough that their insight would have true value to the viewer.

Hey Guys,

New to the Forum but wanted to share a Video that we made. This is a preview of a course being used for AM WORLDS this year! It's a bit snowy still here in Minnesota, but you can still get a look at the shots. This is the first video of many for us, and there will be some changes for the future, but I hope you guys enjoy this one! The course is Lions Park in Shakopee. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQSUph2-4rQ

To prove just how much of a 'self-taught amateur editor' I am -most of your suggestion is above my head. I currently edit in Adobe Elements Premiere but I'm actually thinking researching other programs. Not sure if it's time to do that or just move to Elements 12. Better yet, I hope to figure out how to not record it in mono so I don't have this issue to begin with.

I have the Canon XA-10 and with my Memorial testing I used a wireless lav which had a 1/8th jack which I converted to channel 1 of the XLR inputs. I think I just had a setting wrong inside the camera.

To do it in camera

To do it in post: Look under audio effects, there should be a "fill left" and a "fill right". Listen through and see which speaker there is no sound coming from, and apply effect accordingly. VOILA!

See you in TX.

Hey Guys,

New to the Forum but wanted to share a Video that we made. This is a preview of a course being used for AM WORLDS this year! It's a bit snowy still here in Minnesota, but you can still get a look at the shots. This is the first video of many for us, and there will be some changes for the future, but I hope you guys enjoy this one! The course is Lions Park in Shakopee. Enjoy

Nicely done with the titles, supers, and post FX. The google maps hole view with the drawn fairway route was a nice touch as well. I like that you went for a complete package look for the project.

PM me if you would like some camera technique pointers :)

Hey Guys,

I thought everything was excellent except the music. I had to turn off the audio. I prefer natural sounds like when the disc hits the chains. Sound of wind. Birds chirping, etc. Makes it more realistic like you are there in person.

I heard there was a rendering issue with the sound. He hopes to have it fixed for the next tourney!
Yeah, shakopee made the world's list...

NorCal Series Championships Part 2. Steve Rico, Matt Bell, Shasta Criss, Jere Eshelman, Peter McBride at Pinto Lake DGC in Watsonville, CA

I love having some CCDG to throw on the big screen when I get home from another long day at work. You CCDG guys are awesome. One day Ill have to buy you guys a few beers if our paths cross.

I love having some CCDG to throw on the big screen when I get home from another long day at work. You CCDG guys are awesome. One day Ill have to buy you guys a few beers if our paths cross.

Thanks a ton Russell! :hfive:

I just started editing the stroke coverage of the Wintertime Open. Vids for that should start coming out after Easter. It's the soonest I can get with Kevin to do commentary. I'm hoping I can get all 7 vids edited enough to do commentary before I head to the Central Coast.

I also went and filmed a monthly at Morley this weekend. Max Nichols showed up, along with some other good players. I asked him about the righty forehand/lefty backhand thing and he said he got it from playing baseball. He did throw one hole (17) righty forehand, but he said that's about the only hole he throws FG off the tee. He said he mostly uses it when he's stuck in a bush or something. He didn't have time for an in the bag, but I'll show on the screen what he's throwing during the round. Might get one from him at Masters Cup.

It's the soonest I can get with Kevin to do commentary.
I'm assuming you mean being in the same physical location for commentary…

Just a thought… but why not use Skype, Hangouts or some other VOIP? You could send Kevin a draft quality .mp4 and sync your playback and it would almost be the same as sitting in a room together. Granted, the audio quality from his end will be lower quality, but I don't think anybody would mind too much. :)

Basically we just want more video from you guys FASTER.

I'm assuming you mean being in the same physical location for commentary…

Just a thought… but why not use Skype, Hangouts or some other VOIP? You could send Kevin a draft quality .mp4 and sync your playback and it would almost be the same as sitting in a room together. Granted, the audio quality from his end will be lower quality, but I don't think anybody would mind too much. :)

Basically we just want more video from you guys FASTER.

Yup that's what I meant. The problem is Kevin doesn't have a computer :(

I wish I could get them out faster too! We've talked about him going to a friend's house, but it's never materialized.

Hey Guys,

Thank you for the video. Fun stuff. I really enjoyed all the information and graphics.

For anyone that wants to know what it is like to play in the snow, this video is for you.

For anyone that wants to know what it is like to play in the snow, this video is for you.

Pffff, you call that playing in the snow? This is playing in the snow (apologies that this is technically a 2013 video). :p

The problem is Kevin doesn't have a computer :(
what-year-it-is-.jpg

Ouch. That definitely puts a cramp in your style.

Oh well. We'll take em when we can get em I suppose.

Latest posts