• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

I have to say I appreciate those who are filming in HD. Disc golf looks good streamed from my Chromecast to my big screen! :)

I hate to say it but I feel that when I tell someone, who has never heard of the sport, that I play disc golf that Echigo Hillside Park video is what they think I am talking about.

I agree, these HD videos are incredible.

It's also kinda timely to watch for me right now as I'm trying to get psyched up to go play league tonight in what looks like is going to be a downpour.

I hate to say it but I feel that when I tell someone, who has never heard of the sport, that I play disc golf that Echigo Hillside Park video is what they think I am talking about.

I agree, these HD videos are incredible.
Lol, pretty much. It's funny when the uninitiated actually see what a disc can do, it's usually some of kind awe and instant I want to do that!

Those trees are awesome looking though!

Re: Japan Final 9

Feldberg seems to be calling out some of the other pros about being crybabies regarding OB and self-policing. Anybody know what he was specifically talking about? I'm guessing some of the other pros were getting pretty loose with the sand vs. grass vs. OB stakes on those bunkers.

Feldberg seems to be calling out some of the other pros about being crybabies regarding OB and self-policing. Anybody know what he was specifically talking about? I'm guessing some of the other pros were getting pretty loose with the sand vs. grass vs. OB stakes on those bunkers.

Earlier in the tournament, a Pro or two (I feel I shouldn't say who) found a few bunkers and fought tooth and nail to get the shots ruled fair because there was grass growing out of the sand inside the bunkers. This made the OB hard to determine. The golf course was rented and the TD couldn't paint a line and the hope was that "honor" would prevail on these calls. The Pro in question fought hard enough that one call was made in his favor. This made it impossible for him to get any future calls though he still fought hard to get them called his way. There was a lot of disharmony created by all of this. That, I believe, is what Feldberg is referring to.

Earlier in the tournament, a Pro or two (I feel I shouldn't say who) found a few bunkers and fought tooth and nail to get the shots ruled fair because there was grass growing out of the sand inside the bunkers. This made the OB hard to determine. The golf course was rented and the TD couldn't paint a line and the hope was that "honor" would prevail on these calls. The Pro in question fought hard enough that one call was made in his favor. This made it impossible for him to get any future calls though he still fought hard to get them called his way. There was a lot of disharmony created by all of this. That, I believe, is what Feldberg is referring to.
OOOOOO. Drama lama wants names named.

:)

It could just be Dave being Dave.
But I did enjoy Dave's commentary, very insightful... I think what he was articulating was basically this: (I changed the word "ball" to "disc")
Play the disc as it lies, play the course as you find it, and if you cannot do either, do what is fair.

The Japan Open Twitter stream mentioned several times about Nikko forcing people to go back out in the rain and revisit a ruling <which he HAD thrown provisionals on just in case>. I think this is what Dave was referring to.

The course was a fun little course, not too difficult but not boring either, but the play was totally unimpressive! I honestly feel like 3/4 of the guys in my local mini's could make these guys look like noobs. A few of them had some decent putting, but their throws were un inspiring to say the least.

Dave keeps it 100% that's what I really like about him.

Most of the other top pro's I've met have been super isolated and quiet or always in a bad mood.

Dave keeps it 100% that's what I really like about him.

Most of the other top pro's I've met have been super isolated and quiet or always in a bad mood.

True story. I like how he was honest about slightly pleading his case (just because he knew someone else was given the benefit of the doubt) even though he knew he was in fact OB.

Latest posts