• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2015 Ace Race Disc

They have so many molds, maybe they should go with something that makes the Birdie Bash fun to play and not worry about where it fits in the lineup. Not every BB disc goes into production, nor should it.

All but two of the Ace Race discs have gone into production, those two being the Nebula and Zeppelin...

Which is funny because those were two of my favorites.

Someone at work tried disc golf out at an Ace Race. Said he had fun, but apparently, not enough for it to stick. Must have been cleaning out his garage or basement and came across the discs. He knew I played and left them on my desk for me - doesn't want anything in return... just glad he knew someone who'd put them to use. Said he only used them that one time.

Two '04 Ace Race Glides in maybe 8.0 - 8.5 condition. :cool:

Discraft should focus on spotlighting their best existing molds instead of trying to compete in the oversaturated market. I think more people would get excited if the ace race disc this year was a Buzz or Comet in a brand new plastic. THAT would be fun. and I know we'd get way more sign-ups in our area specifically from people that stopped playing Ace Races.

Discraft should focus on spotlighting their best existing molds instead of trying to compete in the oversaturated market. I think more people would get excited if the ace race disc this year was a Buzz or Comet in a brand new plastic. THAT would be fun. and I know we'd get way more sign-ups in our area specifically from people that stopped playing Ace Races.

So true.
They could do an Ace Race with the Zone and a bunch of unsuspecting locals would think they were just introduced to the great disc ever made.

So true.
They could do an Ace Race with the Zone and a bunch of unsuspecting locals would think they were just introduced to the great disc ever made.

Or the worst because they can't throw it past 100 feet without it falling haha

Or the worst because they can't throw it past 100 feet without it falling haha

Lol not 'round these parts...

I know a few guys that are FH dominant and Champ Gators are their "straight" mid :sick:

This is a great concept though. DC is one of those companies that doesn't seem to get any online hype but it is easily the 2nd most common manufacturer I see locally. Of course it is all Buzzzes, Nukes & (St. Charles County Disc Golf Club official mid) Hornets.

It would be cool to see some events that showcase the XL or maybe the Wasp in some good baseline plastic.

<follow thread>

i ran a few AR in the past, may join one this year if the disc is mid or putter. i don't carry any discraft anymore, and it's unlikely i'll add this AR disc no matter what it is. so for me - these events are about enjoying 1 day of DG for the sign up cost, like any other tourney. and i prefer it to be a disc i can pick up and use to hit aces in the next 36 throws

if it's a driver/fairway/hybrid, i don't care to throw it far - i want to hunt down aces for the day

<follow thread>

i ran a few AR in the past, may join one this year if the disc is mid or putter. i don't carry any discraft anymore, and it's unlikely i'll add this AR disc no matter what it is. so for me - these events are about enjoying 1 day of DG for the sign up cost, like any other tourney. and i prefer it to be a disc i can pick up and use to hit aces in the next 36 throws

if it's a driver/fairway/hybrid, i don't care to throw it far - i want to hunt down aces for the day

And this is the struggle for TD's that run a yearly Ace Race. TD's don't want drivers. They don't attract sanctioned event players. Yet we have to sign up to host an event before Discraft announces the mold. So for the last 2 years I've said to myself, "They did a driver last year, so surely this year it'll be a putter/mid" and I sign up to host. And then they dropped the Mantis/Heat on us back-to-back. At the same time I can't risk not hosting an Ace Race and then they announce a putter/mid and miss the opportunity to score a big fundraiser for our club. It's really a frustrating process. Where as the Birdie Bash, Trilogy Challenge, Battle of the Aces, etc... they all let the TD or Player determine the discs.

/end rant

And this is the struggle for TD's that run a yearly Ace Race. TD's don't want drivers. They don't attract sanctioned event players. Yet we have to sign up to host an event before Discraft announces the mold. So for the last 2 years I've said to myself, "They did a driver last year, so surely this year it'll be a putter/mid" and I sign up to host. And then they dropped the Mantis/Heat on us back-to-back. At the same time I can't risk not hosting an Ace Race and then they announce a putter/mid and miss the opportunity to score a big fundraiser for our club. It's really a frustrating process. Where as the Birdie Bash, Trilogy Challenge, Battle of the Aces, etc... they all let the TD or Player determine the discs.

/end rant

This is definitely true for the majority of the DGCR community, and of most competitive clubs. I know Discraft is interested in "Growing the sport" not by catering to the base, but trying to attract new players. It's a tough one - the base community is where they can drive immediate sales on an event, but if 3 new people have fun that's better then the local league doing Ace Race Day vs. League day

Latest posts