• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Tourney Videos

heartman

* Ace Member *
New013 said:
Last years thread was awesome so we're doing it again. Keep up the cause by scouring the web for disc golf tourney vids and posting them here for our viewing pleasures.

Now I have no idea how long it might take for an actual vid to come out so feel free to discuss what possible vids you are most excited about this year.

:popcorn:

Stole the honors from New, huh? :p

Can't wait to see what fills this thread.

Ohhhh ballsy move taking away new's yearly thread

Posted a couple vids this week. If anyone feels like posting them. (lazy and at work)

This begs the question, does it go in the 2014 thread if it's a 2014 tourney? Or the 2015 thread if I posted it in 2015?

I personally like the idea of putting videos from 2014 tournaments in the 2014 thread. I may be in the minority in this though, and in the long run it doesn't really matter as long as we continue to get the great videos that we are now accustomed to.

I personally like the idea of putting videos from 2014 tournaments in the 2014 thread. I may be in the minority in this though, and in the long run it doesn't really matter as long as we continue to get the great videos that we are now accustomed to.

You know what would be even better is a sub-forum called "Videos" or something like that. And each time a new video is put out by CCDG or McFly or Spin or whomever, a new thread is started for it. So long as the thread titles are descriptive enough, it would cut down on the number of repeat postings of videos. It would also have the benefit of allowing for a bit more free-flowing conversation spurred by a video and its content. Has to beat the hell out of seeing new posts in the "2015 Videos" mega-thread and being disappointed that it's conversation rather than new content.

You know what would be even better is a sub-forum called "Videos" or something like that. And each time a new video is put out by CCDG or McFly or Spin or whomever, a new thread is started for it. So long as the thread titles are descriptive enough, it would cut down on the number of repeat postings of videos. It would also have the benefit of allowing for a bit more free-flowing conversation spurred by a video and its content. Has to beat the hell out of seeing new posts in the "2015 Videos" mega-thread and being disappointed that it's conversation rather than new content.

A 'Video' section could also include form and instructional videos, casual rounds or whatever DG-related footage was on film. Would be great to have all that in one place.

Haha, never noticed it before, but now that I know its there...

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/video.php

I was one of the ones begging for this several years ago when TimG put it in. It was pretty neat for a little while, and then people just stopped using is, and forgetting it was there so it more or less died. These yearly threads are 100X more active than the really cool videos section ever was.

I needed a year off, I always felt responsible for these threads and last year I didn't have time to update them like they should be. The baton has passed and if they don't stay updated we can all blame heartman.

I was one of the ones begging for this several years ago when TimG put it in. It was pretty neat for a little while, and then people just stopped using is, and forgetting it was there so it more or less died. These yearly threads are 100X more active than the really cool videos section ever was.

This, plus my poorly-phrased contribution was for it to be more 'forum-like'.

When you click on Equipment you don't get all the equipment threads at once; it's broken down by disc, bags, etc. This isn't like that, which I think is why it is so seldom used. A video sub could be easily broken up into tourny, casual, self-help and and check my form sub-threads for example, and would get much more traffic that way.

And yes, I know this should go in the Bugs, Suggestions etc sub but doing so would just limit the conversation to the same 12 people who read that.

It would probably get used more if updates/alerts showed up on the main page. As it stands, any time this thread gets updated you check it out b/c you assume there's a new vid (sorry fellas).
That said, I don't care either way, it's easy enough to find new videos in the yearly threads.

I don't know why, but I get a real kick out of Climo snapping at people when he's playing poorly. It just makes me laugh how grumpy he gets.

Latest posts