• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Tourney Videos

Hey, thedisceye, I don't know, maybe it's been discussed before, but how come Schusterick is on your videos/you happen to film his rounds? Are you stalking him :D ? Or an actual arrangement to have you film his stuff? Honestly has made me curious when watching your videos. Also, say Will has a really bad round and doesn't make it to the lead card, would you shoot Will's round on card 2 (or lower) or follow the lead card for round 2?

Had this pop up on my youtube home screen, don't think I've seen it in this thread yet

Hey, thedisceye, I don't know, maybe it's been discussed before, but how come Schusterick is on your videos/you happen to film his rounds? Are you stalking him :D ? Or an actual arrangement to have you film his stuff? Honestly has made me curious when watching your videos. Also, say Will has a really bad round and doesn't make it to the lead card, would you shoot Will's round on card 2 (or lower) or follow the lead card for round 2?

Good questions!

First, Will's a long-time friend. Although I'm much older than he is, he and I started playing disc golf at the same time and our families have been close friends ever since. He obviously got really good and me not so much :)

Second, Will was my catalyst to start filming. Back in October last year at a local tournament (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAzcjNkOt6A) I went to go spectate one of Will's rounds since it was in-between baseball games that I was coaching. When I got to the course he mentioned having a camera in his car and asked if I minded taking a couple of clips during the round since I was walking with them anyways. I said sure. I thought it was so much fun, I went home told my wife, asked permission, and bought a camera and the rest is history. It also doesn't hurt that he's a pretty darn good player and fun to watch/film.

Regarding your last question, for the above reasons I'd stick with his card regardless. If I continue to enjoy filming and decide to do it again next year things may change, but for right now that's the plan.

Good questions!

First, Will's a long-time friend. Although I'm much older than he is, he and I started playing disc golf at the same time and our families have been close friends ever since. He obviously got really good and me not so much :)

Second, Will was my catalyst to start filming. Back in October last year at a local tournament (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAzcjNkOt6A) I went to go spectate one of Will's rounds since it was in-between baseball games that I was coaching. When I got to the course he mentioned having a camera in his car and asked if I minded taking a couple of clips during the round since I was walking with them anyways. I said sure. I thought it was so much fun, I went home told my wife, asked permission, and bought a camera and the rest is history. It also doesn't hurt that he's a pretty darn good player and fun to watch/film.

Thanks for the reply! It sorta seemed like it would be something along those lines, based on what you see on camera. Will seems to be more relaxed in your videos than maybe on some of the other videos. Then again, maybe the pressure of competition isn't as high and/or he's playing with a group (lots of same faces in your videos in his group) where the familiarity makes it easier to not be quite so down to just business of throwing discs.

Here's my boy Cliff Davis representing Colorado out in Utah at the Riverpark Open. This is only his 4th tournament and he started in intermediate. Dude is moving up fast.

More Swedish stuff coverage:

Speaking of European coverage, any of you US regular Youtubers crossing the pond for the European and/or Scandinavian Open? Anybody know who, if anybody, will be covering the event?

Last edited:
Speaking of European coverage, any of you US regular Youtubers crossing the pond for the European and/or Scandinavian Open? Anybody know who, if anybody, will be covering the event?

SpinTV will probably have the final rounds, otherwise, I dunno; hopefully the Euro guys will be covering it. They do great work

Latest posts