• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Tourney Videos

I LOL'd, well done Brian.

And Huey. Well done, Huey.

Seriously. Good stuff all around.

And that was a fabulous video. I really appreciated the lack of commentary and the in-between holes stuff was great. You could tell how nervous izak was. This was one of the better videos I've watched in a while.

Izak seems to have a little bit of Wiggins syndrome. Reach back and throw everything as hard as you can, no matter how far away from the basket you are.

Izak seems to have a little bit of Wiggins syndrome. Reach back and throw everything as hard as you can, no matter how far away from the basket you are.

I was thinking the same thing about Gavin.

Them youngins' run everything. Both Izak and Anthony attacked every hole in the Semis too. And ran every putt under 100'. Terry wasn't filming yet but Anthony hit two silly, silly long putts in a row on the front nine of Semis (5 and 6) that normal people wouldn't even run in a casual round. I hope the video (when it comes out) does justice to Anthony's drive on 16 at Vicksburg. He absolutely mashed a anny on a Champ Teebird that pured the line. I thought he yanked it so far right it was going to hit 14s green but it pulled out the anny and riped right up the fairway. Most overstable Teebird I've ever seen.

And Mark definitely killed the back nine and then played safe (smartly so) on he risky holes (16, 17) to insure getting into the final round. Superb play but he ran into a buzzsaw the way those two were putting and mashing drives.

Last edited:
This was fun to watch...a calm kid executing, a loud kid that paced around and was emotionally up and down, and a tall skinny kid who lacked consistency with a putter but could bomb off the tee....

...it was like watching miniature versions of McBeth, Nikko, and Schusterick.

What about Huey grooving midranges and putters where these young guys are smashing drivers.... I thought it was pretty awesome. Gotta love watching a guy used to the woods smooth flippy discs for distance... Was that Yellow driver a Sidewinder?

7-man doubles tournament at Black Jack:

:|

Ok, so I didn't want to start a thread for it by itself, and it seems like the video section of this site isn't allowing uploads anymore(for a while now, unless I'm doing something wrong).

Anyhoo, here's a bunch of DGCRers that you know and love(or don't) being mortals on an amazing course, dare I say the most vertically challenging in all of Appalachia.

For sure.

Everyone wants to talk about the final hole, but the much bigger mistake was made by Izak on hole 5. He had NO business running that death putt. That is a mistake 100% of the time. Too aggressive and it bit him in the butt. Hole 9 was an execution mistake, not a bad decision. As unfortunate as it is to execute a shot poorly in that kind of situation, crap happens. No excuse for bad decision making.

2015 WCDGC - Round 1 Part 1 (McBeth is in it...)

https://youtu.be/CxMhSi1G8NE

I don't think I've heard Derek commentating before and I have to say that it was very good. It was informative, quick, and it seemed very genuine and natural. This is nothing against any of the other people you have commentated with in the past either, they have all been good.

Keep up the good work as always CCDG

I don't think I've heard Derek commentating before and I have to say that it was very good. It was informative, quick, and it seemed very genuine and natural. This is nothing against any of the other people you have commentated with in the past either, they have all been good.

Keep up the good work as always CCDG

Thanks for the feedback Russ! Derek is one of my best friends, and honestly such an awesome guy. Super great energy, and has a passion for the sport. We met playing racquetball at Cal Poly funny enough. I got him hooked on DG a bit later. He's a crazy talented ball golfer too (360+ yd drives).

Will do! Get ready for tons of Worlds videos next week! 2 more WCDGC vids dropping tomorrow. Make sure to watch round 2. Unreal.

I haven't really seen footage of La Mirada before; looks like a really pretty course. Looking forward to those and vids and Worlds! :thmbup:

What about Huey grooving midranges and putters where these young guys are smashing drivers.... I thought it was pretty awesome. Gotta love watching a guy used to the woods smooth flippy discs for distance... Was that Yellow driver a Sidewinder?

Yea, lol. I dont even know how to throw a Destroyer like those kids were. Ill post the final 10 video, with my Valks off the tee to their hyzer bomb destroyers.

For sure.

Everyone wants to talk about the final hole, but the much bigger mistake was made by Izak on hole 5. He had NO business running that death putt. That is a mistake 100% of the time. Too aggressive and it bit him in the butt. Hole 9 was an execution mistake, not a bad decision. As unfortunate as it is to execute a shot poorly in that kind of situation, crap happens. No excuse for bad decision making.

Its tough to put things in perspective. Izak is 14. Its easy to critique, but I wonder what the ages of the past 10 world champions are, I doubt 15 or 14. I'd expect him to act the way he did. Its how I acted at that age.

I applaud Izak's approach... er, putt on 5... well not the putt itself, because it sailed, but his decision to go for it... you just have to ask yourself: What would McBeth do?

Latest posts