• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Discraft Ace Race

Disc is not flippy for me.
I have had the disc for a week now and love the disc. I have thrown the 177+ and a 170-172, and get both of them out to 260-280' with a normal throw. They flex a teeny bit, butr come right back.
It has neutral stability and great glide, but it is definitely not overstable.
Like any disc with neutral stability, it will go where and how you throw it, so YMMV.
It will not do well in wind and you cannot torque it hard or it will flip. Think of it as a longer Comet-type disc.
If your idea of neutral stability is a champ Roc3, then this is not a disc for you.
It is pretty much what Discraft says it is, a longer Stratus in premium plastic.

Last edited:
I have a noob question! How long does it take an AR-Prototype to be officially released and on the shelf for purchase? Im assuming after the AR is over, but whats the timeframe there?

Disc is not flippy for me.
I have had the disc for a week now and love the disc. I have thrown the 177+ and a 170-172, and get both of them out to 260-280' with a normal throw. They flex a teeny bit, butr come right back.
It has neutral stability and great glide, but it is definitely not overstable.
Like any disc with neutral stability, it will go where and how you throw it, so YMMV.
It will not do well in wind and you cannot torque it hard or it will flip. Think of it as a longer Comet-type disc.
If your idea of neutral stability is a champ Roc3, then this is not a disc for you.
It is pretty much what Discraft says it is, a longer Stratus in premium plastic.

awesome! exactly as I hoped.

Nice. Its still sounding like a storm.

The Ace Race disc is a tad longer and a bit more glide in my experience, and I am a dedicated Storm thrower (I have a couple dozen in all plastics).

Mods can delete this if you want, but some extra Ace Race player packs in the Marketplace. We had just a few left over from our Ace Race this year.

Was it flat like the 3series stuff? Promotional pic looks dome-tarded.

Not flat, but not domey.
Personally, I don't like domey discs and I could throw these fine.
Like I said, not flat, but not domey either.

Understable! We all called it the comet3 and my ace race.

More like com3t

The Comet is listed as 0 Stability, so not technically understable.
I suspect that the Ace Race disc will also get a 0 stability rating from Discraft.
Personally, I do not find the Comet understable unless I throw it poorly.

I'd rate the disc as 5/5/-2/0. It will hyzer flip and hold the line. Seemed a tad more torque resistant than Comets in my experience. I'm happy with the 2016 AR disc :)

Participated in an Ace Race yesterday. Pretty fun. It is a touchy disc; anywhere near full power and you'll flip one over in a hurry. I'd say 5.5/6.5/-3/0.

However, for AR-length holes (<200') you can throw it at greatly reduced power and get it to hold a line pretty well. (That's true at over 3000' of elevation, anyways.) I wouldn't want to throw it in a head or cross wind, but with a tail wind I could imagine it bombing.

I had a good deal of fun throwing giant tommy/FH spike rollers with these things. At first I threw the tomahawk as a joke "Over The Top" shot and I fully expected the disc to flip all the way around, but it just held the line and landed on edge and rolled. This was at a ~1 o'clock release angle (RHFH).

I was pretty disappointed last year; not at all a fan of the Roach, and didn't really care for that shirt.
I'm actually looking forward to this year's... the disc seems interesting, and I like the stuff in the player pack.

I was pretty disappointed last year; not at all a fan of the Roach, and didn't really care for that shirt.
I'm actually looking forward to this year's... the disc seems interesting, and I like the stuff in the player pack.

I'll take your shirt and Roaches if you don't want them.

I don't even know if I like either but I think I do b/c I won the AR that year. :\