• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Memorial Championship presented by Discraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am seriously excited to see who is on the lead cards this year, I think everyone has been hitting the off season pretty darn hard! Have you guys seen the discs Discraft released for it the other day? The Memorial UV Tuff Challengers look SWEET! Infinite just posted on Instagram about them https://www.instagram.com/p/BBaulnuC8Gp/?taken-by=infinitediscs and I think these Titanium Heats are also Memorial discs and they look pretty cool too, https://infinitediscs.com/Discraft-Heat/Titanium but I am definitely getting some of those Challengers...

Thank you very much. So the driving range closes to ball golfers during the tournament? Perfect.

No, the driving range was open during the tournament last year, just listen for the whistling balls and cover your head. There were two guys hitting balls at us during our round. One of the brilliant holes had us walking across the open range.

^ Every time you think disc golf means something, posts like this knock you back to reality.

Any word on live broadcast coverage for this event yet?

From the Pdga site today:

The PDGA is seeking bids from vendors for the live streaming of the seven events on the 2016 PDGA National Tour Elite Series. Bids should be submitted in electronic form to the PDGA Media Manager with the subject line "2016 NT Live Streaming Services Bid". The deadline for bid submission is 5:00pm EST on Sunday, February 14, 2016.

I bet that ESPN would have jumped at the opportunity, had ADGT not gotten exclusive rights.

No, the driving range was open during the tournament last year, just listen for the whistling balls and cover your head. There were two guys hitting balls at us during our round. One of the brilliant holes had us walking across the open range.

That's astounding. I actually played the tournament layout before the tournament last year and so I know the hole (from under the tree to the hill on the other side). So I dealt with the same thing but figured for sure that wouldn't be happening during the tournament. Wow.

Also wasn't a fan of the hole before that either, where you're throwing parallel to the fence just a couple feet from it. It was surreal playing it thinking "the best players in the USA are going to play this?". Fiesta lakes has the landscape to be the best course of the 3 (since I agree with others the other 2 are just too wide open), but that course design needs revisions this year.

The driving range definitely was NOT open to ball golfers when the we were playing the course for the tournament (MPO). The driving range was used as a warmup area for players before tee-off.

Does anyone know when the courses will be set up in the tournament layout? I'll be there on Friday Feb 26 for a few days of practice before the event begins. I've played Vista and Fountain Hills. Mostly wondering about Fiesta Lakes.

Does anyone know when the courses will be set up in the tournament layout? I'll be there on Friday Feb 26 for a few days of practice before the event begins. I've played Vista and Fountain Hills. Mostly wondering about Fiesta Lakes.

It's setup in the tournament layout sans the rubber tee mats.

Tee times are now posted at PDGA:

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/22242

The "super group" on the last card is McBeth, Doss, Koling (2015 champ), and Anthony Barela (2015 Am Worlds Champ)

Gotta question about the groupings. Didn't they used to stack more top pros toward the last few cards, or have they always been all spread out through the day?

Depending on the conditions, a player like Will (teeing off at 0842) could see a very different course than Paul, or some of the late cards.

Last edited:

The "super group" on the last card is McBeth, Doss, Koling (2015 champ), and Anthony Barela (2015 Am Worlds Champ)

Gotta question about the groupings. Didn't they used to stack more top pros toward the last few cards, or have they always been all spread out through the day?

Depending on the conditions, a player like Will (teeing off at 0842) could see a very different course than Paul, or some of the late cards.

Luck of the draw, happens all the time in ball golf.

As I recall they were pretty well spread out last year. They did the Am Worlds winner on the super card last year too. AB will probably look like he belongs there, unlike the kid last year.

I remember Jake (the kid from last year) saying that he was appreciative of his card mates, and he really enjoyed his round. He might not have been able to hang, but I think it's cool that they allow the AM champ to see what it's like to roll with the big boys.

As far as AB, yes, he will probably do well, and maybe even keep pace with his mentor.

Any word on live broadcast coverage for this event yet?

I'm sure that Terry and the Smashboxx crew will be there for live coverage.

haven't found anything yet - what a quiet thread compared to some of the other "events" but that's OK...

Hoping to see the live stream schedule sometime soon so i can plan out my week!

This thread will kick in to high gear when the tourney actually starts.

Interesting pairings. So what course will MPO play on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday? There was no course designation on the PDGA listed day 1 tee times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts