• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Memorial Championship presented by Discraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so as of now, Round 1 has around 27k views. I wonder how many fewer people will watch today's round over the same amount of time.
Probably 1/2 the views in the long term. Seems to be a general trend.

I appreciate watching FPO but Its unfortunate it's in lieu of a Mcbeth/Nikko/Lizotte/Sexton card.

You don't really need to ask which video footage would have more views, do you?

I appreciate watching FPO but Its unfortunate it's in lieu of a Mcbeth/Nikko/Lizotte/Sexton card.

You don't really need to ask which video footage would have more views, do you?

:popcorn: yeah wtf? I hate women tho anyway. Sexist pig till i die.

I actually prefer to watch play on more open courses if it's a course I'm not familiar with. A lot easier to understand what the player is doing and where he is throwing. The really wooded courses, even with great camera work and course maps still leave me questioning what's going on when a player throws. Especially true on their second shot where you can really get lost since you don't know where the pin is, where they're trying to advance to, etc. I can't appreciate what they're doing nearly as much.

edit - I should clarify that I prefer to watch championship caliber open courses or ones with a lot of danger like Fountain Hills. The 300ft wide open par 3 pitch shots that you sometimes see on video are definitely boring to watch.

Really? Agree to disagree.

Still can't see where the disc lands most of the time, even at Fountain Hills. I'll point back to last year's Worlds - the wooded courses were fantastic to watch, while Slippery Rock was a snoozefest. St. Jude's was a snoozefest as well; that throw might have gone in the bunker? We'll find out eventually, once a camera makes it there!!

I guess I just don't enjoy watching an entire card throw the same shot off the tee, with the only drama coming from whether the wind flips 'it or not. I appreciate the Pros' ability to throw far, and even that they might prefer those types of courses. But until there are 12 cameras and camera towers getting the action, it's just not compelling to me. Just repetitious. I find myself squinting at the screen, as if that will help me tell where the disc landed...

The MPO field is a tight race right now and competitive to the point of a stroke or two. It builds a good watching experience and adds story arc. It's fun watching those specific names listed on the card. It's unfortunate there aren't more avenues for coverage is what I was getting at, not sure if that was a jab at me or you misunderstood my post AFTC

PDGA isn't restricting anyone from recording at this point. But, sponsors of the event have a big influence. This is a premier Discraft event and they want to keep the branding of that event intact. And I can't speak for anyone other than SmashBoxx, but that could be a reason too.

Exactly. I think TDs/ presenting sponsors at the big events are realising that letting other brands promote at their tournament for free is dumb. I find it a little bit funny/ironic that the guy getting the shortest end of the stick is Marty, who works for DGCR's favorite company to hate on.

Men's Lead Card is off! Nikko 4's (the easiest hole), while everyone else 2's.

Dana you really think 1 is the easiest hole? Seems like its a pretty difficult shot, at least if you are attacking the basket for 2

Looks like Matty O managed to actually show up and play this year!

Seriously tho, lots of hot starts today

Fiesta is by far the easiest of the three courses. There will be many low 40s today, maybe even a score or two in the 30s with the start some of these guys are off to.

Dana you really think 1 is the easiest hole? Seems like its a pretty difficult shot, at least if you are attacking the basket for 2

It is basically an easy upshot. Everyone should birdie it.......everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts