• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Memorial Championship presented by Discraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of d-bag moves, yeah when it comes to JohnE calling time I agree.

But what kind of person tricks a 13-yr-old to get in front of the camera and then humiliates him publicly, on his birthday. W.t.f. That was disturbing. :|

Interesting to see how everyone shot better today than day one and the ratings were down a little from day one. In my round I definitely hd more wind to contend with today than on day one. I started -5 through 8, but managed to find OB on mis throws 4 times after that to finish even on 9-18 where I should have been able to pick up more strokes. Really fun week, and despite making plenty of little mistakes all over the place had a good performance. If I just clean up a few parts of my game I think I've got a 1000 rating in my future.

Nice showing dude. -20 while throwing from a standstill? With stomach issues day 2? And with one of the best fields in the game? Congrats! :clap:

Strange round to watch. Philo hits spectators, twice. In the 3 holes of the women showed, someone whacks a dog. A grown man was counting to 30 while another grown man was taking a leak. The best woman player in the world misses a 10 footer to force a playoff. Then multiple grown men smash cupcakes in a 13 year olds face...

I can't believe no one has brought up the fact that Philo hit not one, but two spectators today. . .

So, did they call him for this?

801.04 Courtesy
A. Players should not throw until they are certain that the thrown disc will not distract another player or potentially injure anyone present.

The second time should have been a penalty.....right? Oh, wait, maybe he threw it softly enough that it couldn't hurt anyone.

Did he give them anything? In ball golf it is expected that a player who hits a spectator gives them a glove, autographed ball or something...

A maximum of 30 seconds is allowed to each player to make a throw after:
The previous player has thrown; and,
The player has had a reasonable amount of time to arrive at the disc; and,
The playing area is clear and free of distractions.

Reasonable amount of time includes bathroom breaks when nature calls. Any decent person with common courtesy for the competitors would agree.

Yeah, this. This falls under the 'Spirit of the Game' and just general sportsmanship. Rules monkeys and McBeth haters can argue a rules violation took place, but even then it would be a warning.

Only if a player used a bathroom break as an excuse to purposely take time to regroup or make the card wait to play head games would a piss break be unsportsmanlike and warrant a warning.

As for JohnE, wish him the best, but he is a sore loser and poor sport, and therefore bad for the game. I'm not surprised he is unclear on the rules, most people are. And you can take the man out of Florida, but...

Strange round to watch. Philo hits spectators, twice. In the 3 holes of the women showed, someone whacks a dog. A grown man was counting to 30 while another grown man was taking a leak. The best woman player in the world misses a 10 footer to force a playoff. Then multiple grown men smash cupcakes in a 13 year olds face...

Will you provide a wrap up for all upcoming tourneys. You just saved me allot of time :p

Haha

So far, the breakdown seems to be...
If you've been micturated upon for things that are nobodies business outside of those involved and are late to a round...call it.
If you're friends with everyone and are rear-ended on the way to the event...try everything you can to not call it.
If you're late to an event, and it's 2006...call it.
If you're the defending world champ, can't hold it for three more holes, and are gone longer than the rules allow...don't call it and shame the person who tried.

Dude, you really must love JohnE, how anyone can defend him while he is completely in the wrong is mind blowing

Well McCray's tour is called the "It's About Time" Tour...

nobody gave you props for this one, I thought it was pretty funny.

My last word on "timegate" (can we be like ESPN and call every controversy ____gate?) is that remember the difference, it's not whether he was right or wrong about McBeth taking more than 30 seconds - it's that he didn't call it but continued to chirp. That's where people are taking an issue. If he had called it, he would have still been...harsh...but technically within his right to serve McBeth with a warning.

It is quite different comparing someone on the teepad for an excessive amount of time vs. Someone using the bathroom. If you are going to start calling people for using the restroom mid round, be prepared for this to become an ADA issue when someone with Chrons disease is called out and penalized for using the bathroom mid round.

I don't ever recall in any sport with mass spectators, where a competitor had to take a bathroom break. Let alone in a "final." Not in basketball, football, tennis, ball golf, soccer, beach vollyball, etc. You suck it up and hold it in.

Wait. a disc hit a dog, or someone actually smacked it? Where was that in the video?

I saw the footage of the cupcake deal with the kid. So McBeth and his buddies thought that was funny? I was embarrassed for the whole lot of them.

This was the first tournament I've watched unedited coverage of, and it wasn't pretty. If these people want to grow the sport, first they need to grow up.

I can't believe no one has brought up the fact that Philo hit not one, but two spectators today. But when he was on, he was on. I think he threw much better when he just got up there and let it rip, than when he walked around the pad for what seemed like forever.

Philo threw much better when he played faster? Come again? Yesterday, when his entire round was on Smashboxx and he gets a rep (unfairly, IMO) for playing slowly, he shoots 1070. (I don't know what kind of golf you're used to playing or seeing but 1070 is a pretty good rated round, in my circles, to say the least.) Today Philo plays much faster (for whatever reason) and he shoots 990. When he played faster he didn't throw better, he threw worse. It's right there in the scoring, the final result and the ratings.

I saw the footage of the cupcake deal with the kid. So McBeth and his buddies thought that was funny? I was embarrassed for the whole lot of them.

This was the first tournament I've watched unedited coverage of, and it wasn't pretty. If these people want to grow the sport, first they need to grow up.

Yeah, I wouldn't personally smear some kid with cupcakes like that but McBeth and that kid are friends from the SoCal area. That kid caddied for PM at the WTO and I think they're pretty close in a mentor/protogé type deal. He was part of PM's group in AZ, I think. I think it was an inside joke/very mild hazing type thing. Again, nothing I would choose to do but the kid wasn't random to PM, I know that.

As for the rest of the tournament, I thought the broadcasts were awesome. Especially yesterday.

Yeah, I wouldn't personally smear some kid with cupcakes like that but McBeth and that kid are friends from the SoCal area. That kid caddied for PM at the WTO and I think they're pretty close in a mentor/protogé type deal. He was part of PM's group in AZ, I think. I think it was an inside joke/very mild hazing type thing. Again, nothing I would choose to do but the kid wasn't random to PM, I know that.

As for the rest of the tournament, I thought the broadcasts were awesome. Especially yesterday.

I know he wasn't random. Doesn't matter-just a douche move on McBeth's part to do that on camera. This guy is supposed to be the face of disc golf and he acts like a middle schooler.

You thought the coverage was awesome yesterday? That would mean it's normally worse than what I saw? Yikes.

It's back to edited disc golf coverage for me.

I know he wasn't random. Doesn't matter-just a douche move on McBeth's part to do that on camera. This guy is supposed to be the face of disc golf and he acts like a middle schooler.

You thought the coverage was awesome yesterday? That would mean it's normally worse than what I saw? Yikes.

You've got MLBers smashing pie in teammates' faces after walk-off wins. Kinda think they just took a cue from that.

You really think they're aren't any other professional athletes who act like middle schoolers on camera once in a while? How about all the MLB players who haze each other on camera all season long? Dumping shaving cream on teammates during interviews? Gatorade showers in the NFL? Gronk giving a lap dance to Jukie Stewart-Binks? F1 drivers showering champagne over everyone in sight after a Grand Prix? Etc.

Would I do something like that? Probably not. Am I gonna call PM a douchebag? Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts