• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Prediction Contest - Brent Hambrick

Before 2nd round: up to 80% of the potential points

MPO
Paul McBeth
Wysocki
Sexton
Bradley Williams

FPO
Catrina Allen
Sarah Hokom (even though she and Val were essentially tied through the 25th hole).

B1 - Innova
B2 - McBeth - kinda disappointed that nobody picked Simon, though...ah, but dg42 picked Uli :clap:
B3 - Of course, the top 3 had to be tied after the first round...ugh. Let's say Melody Waibel, cause she had the most pars. 5th Place.
B4 - 37 strokes under par.
B5 - MPO&FPO 3 times on East course (3x(-11+2)), and once on final 9 (-4+1?), and the Masters (-7), and the Grandmasters (0), and Sandra Frazer (3x23) = -27 - 3 - 7 - 0 +69 = 32. 32 strokes over par. I guess I should say negative 32 strokes under par.

We have what are arguably some double negatives in a few predictions. Does this mean somebody besides me actually thinks we'll have combined strokes OVER par? What say you dg42, VictorB, DougCrawford, Dino Thunder, others...? :popcorn:

Paul Uli was registered last night when I checked the pdga page for the event, so I blame them for that :thmbdown:. Is his hand bothering him still? A few picked him as one of their MPO top 5 finishers too.

Bonus #5, I really was going to not answer it any way because I suck at math :eek: AND did not want to think that hard for a 2 point question I was gonna get wrong anyway...:p.

Last edited:
Paul Uli was registered last night when I checked the pdga page for the event, so I blame them for that :thmbdown:. Is his hand bothering him still? A few picked him as one of their MPO top 5 finishers too.

Bonus #5, I really was going to not answer it any way because I suck at math :eek: AND did not want to think that hard for a 2 point question I was gonna get wrong anyway...:p.

I may have been smoking crack at the time, but wasn't JohnE registered for masters too? I thought I saw that

I may have been smoking crack at the time, but wasn't JohnE registered for masters too? I thought I saw that

I dunno, man. As one of the few (only?) 80 percenters, I wasn't paying much attention to the list before the first round. Chalk it up as another plus side to taking the delayed predictions option? Which, btw, I thought was a much more enticing option this time. Surprised nobody else has chosen it yet.

And dg42, I thought you were simply being ironic. Oh well, it doesn't matter as long as somebody besides beastsock shoots the hottest round.

New OP: what is McBeth and Wysocki's couples name? :D

Better late than never

60% since I missed picking before the first two rounds and well, 60% is better than 0%.

MPO - Pick 4 players, with your predicted winner listed first (2 points for correct winner)
Wysocki
McBeth
Sexton
Bradley Williams

FPO - Pick 2 players, with your predicted winner listed first (2 point for correct winner)
Catrina Allen
Sarah Hokum

Bonus 1
Innova/Discmania
Bonus 2
Wysocki
Bonus 3
Melody Waibel, 5th
Bonus 4 (2 points)
Bonus 5 (2 points)
If you count Grandmaster's Women (1 player who is +48 after 2 rounds) then my answer is +45

Last edited:
Bump for bonus answers...anybody know them all?

I know a few except for numbers 1 and 5 ?

B1 - Innova (Paul, Nate, Bradley, Gregg); Trilogy (Ricky, Weston(?), Drew); Prodigy (Chris, Jerm, Will)
B2 - McBest
B3 - Melody W
B4 - 36 under
B5 - 34 over par

I don't know why I didn't start this earlier, but here are the BH subtotals. Blank cells correspond with zero points. I got 2 points for B5 (combined over/under strokes to par) and zud got 1 point. I was a little closer, and everybody else appeared to be on the wrong side of zero. The tournament website might have been a little misleading about what would happen with the solo lady grand master player...

Congrats to adlacro and Hyzer Ale. I'm going to try to post updated totals soon, but I don't know that we'll have had a chance to double-check them. Let me know if you notice that your score is different from how you calculated it.

Attachments

• BH.png
    BH.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts