• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Pro Worlds

^^^she does. I've never gotten to throw one, but they have the same ratings as PDs. An anyone confirm that they fly the same?

I would say that champ starfires are reasonably close to The OS CPD runs and SL's are pretty similar to S/P PD's. Its not a perfect comparison but it's pretty close.

^^^she does. I've never gotten to throw one, but they have the same ratings as PDs. An anyone confirm that they fly the same?
I throw both. Well, correction; I used to throw both. Now I just bag a Starfire.

IMO - The PD and Starfire do share the same numbers, but I find the Starfire to be more stable. Though, I know of certain PD runs that would challenge that fact, but who wants to hunt those down. I chose the path of least resistance, and stuck with the Starfire. For me, the PD and Starfire had similar flights, at the beginning of their flight. But the end (or fade) is different; the PD has a "forward fade" quality, where as the Starfire is all like "Hey, I'm going to go left now! I love going left!" (RHBH) when it starts to fade. In the end, the PD goes a little farther than my Starfire, but not by much, and I feel like the Starfire is more reliable in most situations.

I throw both. Well, correction; I used to throw both. Now I just bag a Starfire.

IMO - The PD and Starfire do share the same numbers, but I find the Starfire to be more stable. Though, I know of certain PD runs that would challenge that fact, but who wants to hunt those down. I chose the path of least resistance, and stuck with the Starfire. For me, the PD and Starfire had similar flights, at the beginning of their flight. But the end (or fade) is different; the PD has a "forward fade" quality, where as the Starfire is all like "Hey, I'm going to go left now! I love going left!" (RHBH) when it starts to fade. In the end, the PD goes a little farther than my Starfire, but not by much, and I feel like the Starfire is more reliable in most situations.

I think this is pretty spot on. They have a different type of OS. I think that the Starfire is a bit more reliable in the sense that it's going to give you more of a dump fade at the end. The PD has quite a bit more distance potential, but given that, it's not as reliable as an OS control option.

As the Starfire beats it, I feel like it just goes straighter longer. PDs beat in differently.

Remember that the people we're talking about are the best in the world. Bogeys abound for the rest of the field.

That's what makes it so impressive to me, even McBeth had 9 bogeys and still took second. McBeth also had a noticeably more aggressive game plan which ended up erasing the extra bogeys with eagles. It's crazy Ricky was able to execute the safe game plan so consistently and still get enough birds to win.

Val should take the tern. It was said that she was throwing them and hey why not take one of the newer more thrown discs

That's what makes it so impressive to me, even McBeth had 9 bogeys and still took second. McBeth also had a noticeably more aggressive game plan which ended up erasing the extra bogeys with eagles. It's crazy Ricky was able to execute the safe game plan so consistently and still get enough birds to win.

McBeth was going HAM during the last two and a half rounds to try and make up the deficit, but Rick just matched him every time. It was crazy to watch in person.

McBeth was going HAM during the last two and a half rounds to try and make up the deficit, but Rick just matched him every time. It was crazy to watch in person.

Seemed like he was crushing drives trying to get a look at 2 on the par 4s, but could only get to just outside a good putting range. It boiled down to Paul missing some long putts (that he was mad at not getting, but realistically had a low percentage of making) and Ricky sticking his upshots.

He was flustered during the final 9. He picked a weird/hard time to go for the 2 and went deep into the woods instead.

And then he missed a 20 footer. He had pretty much conceded, understandably.

Although I'm not gonna lie, when Ricky played the semi final round he didn't look sharp and focused he took a couple 3s on some routine holes. And when he winced with his ankle, and Paul closed the gap to within 5 before the final 9, I still thought Paul was going to catch him (a couple Paul birdies and Ricky bogies) and at least force a playoff.

He was flustered during the final 9. He picked a weird/hard time to go for the 2 and went deep into the woods instead.

Although I'm not gonna lie, when Ricky played the semi final round he didn't look sharp and focused he took a couple 3s on some routine holes. And when he winced with his ankle, and Paul closed the gap to within 5 before the final 9, I still thought Paul was going to catch him (a couple Paul birdies and Ricky bogies) and at least force a playoff.

Me too. The best thing that happened to Rick there was the round ended, if the ankle tweak and McBeast mode had happened midway thru the round I think Paul may have caught him.

Me too. The best thing that happened to Rick there was the round ended, if the ankle tweak and McBeast mode had happened midway thru the round I think Paul may have caught him.

You're right. Man. What a story, Paul and Nate try and take out Ricky and Uli in basketball and he finds a way to battle through the whole week and fight of the beast and win... Whoa :p

Seemed like he was crushing drives trying to get a look at 2 on the par 4s, but could only get to just outside a good putting range. It boiled down to Paul missing some long putts (that he was mad at not getting, but realistically had a low percentage of making) and Ricky sticking his upshots.

That was the story all week. We were able to keep some UDisc stats for the Jomez video we worked on, and Ricky was consistently higher on his green hits. He was deadly on the approach and had a great gameplan for those courses once he had the lead. He never bit off more than he could chew.

Honestly, it was over once McBeth went OB on hole 1 and took a bogey. There was realistically zero shot at that point, and I think the tee shot on 11 was a desperation play. That was literally the only thing he could do to try and get a 2, and when he didn't it was over.

That said, he still went out guns blazing, going OB on 14 with another aggressive line and running the island on 16.

The ankle tweak was fortunate timing, but McBeast had already been activated. After Paul went OB on 8 to take a bogey, he birdied 9 out of the last 10 (and almost eagles 18). I think that eagle putt miss on 18 was bigger psychologically for Ricky than anything. He told me the day before he would be OK coming into the finals with a 4 or 5 shot lead, and having that lead stick at 5 was big.

I mean. He won by 6 strokes over 1st. 12 over 3rd and 14 over 4th places.

He shredded the competition...

I give Ricky Props for doing a great job of keeping to a simple game plan that not real flashy and controlling the risk vs. reward. He is the number one player this year. Mcbeast seems to be stretched to thin this year. Even with his health issues. Love to see the Mcbeast (2015) ricky (2016) Climo (90's) Barry (90's) with all the same gear and see who the best is.

This for sure. I really wonder how much closer McBeth could have kept it if he used the same slightly conservative game plan that Ricky executed so well all week

Honestly, it was over once McBeth went OB on hole 1 and took a bogey. There was realistically zero shot at that point, and I think the tee shot on 11 was a desperation play. That was literally the only thing he could do to try and get a 2, and when he didn't it was over.

This.

This for sure. I really wonder how much closer McBeth could have kept it if he used the same slightly conservative game plan that Ricky executed so well all week

Agree. I know McBeth has always been a go-get-em kind of guy, but it looked like he was pressing and he was going OB way too much (and not just the final rounds). Maybe he still doesn't win by dialing it back just a bit and being more solid, but it might've been much, much closer... enough for everyone to be talking about that penalty for misplaying in the first round. :eek:

Ricky broke Paul's intimidation curse at Master's Cup this year and now is on top of the DG world. I think that is awesome, the kid deserves it, but I also don't want him to start dominating like Paul was, so hoping Paul makes a comeback and some other guys come up with big games now and then to dethrone these guys from NTs over the next few years.

I was shocked, and extremely happy, to see Val get the World's win. Just when you thought she couldn't compete with Page and Katrina, she comes through. Looks like Katrina did a bit of choking as well. I'm sure she will get it one day. Anyway, Val is pure class, hope my precious Tern's get her name on it soon...

Latest posts