• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Pro Worlds

Seriously. After watching his first round he could have easily saved himself 4 or 5 strokes had he made his putts inside the circle. He's my favorite pro as he's a local and I've met him a few times, so it's disappointing watching him struggle like that.

He is -10 thru 13 currently for round 2 :thmbup:

McBeth's slow to start today after a blistering round yesterday you say? Hmmm...:\

Thank goodness there's still a lot of golf left in the event.

I am pushing for him to get his fifth so don't start calling me a hater.

Please tell me, I'm genuinely curious. Do you think that if he had missed a few more putts or hit a few more trees yesterday, that he'd be sitting better than where he is currently sitting today?

Please tell me, I'm genuinely curious. Do you think that if he had missed a few more putts or hit a few more trees yesterday, that he'd be sitting better than where he is currently sitting today?

That's what he's implying, as insane as it sounds when you put it like that.

Ricky has properly applied the heat. I think he's going to win the whole thing, but we all know how Paul can make a comeback at any moment. Lots of people still knocking at the door too...like Nikko!

What's this now about McBeth and penalty strokes?

Sounds like he may have misplayed a hole yesterday, and only discovered it after seeing another player do something similar today and play it differently. Two throw penalty if he truly did something wrong. Probably won't know the final outcome until after the round when the TD has a chance to rule.

Not saying (or implying - it's alright that you don't understand pb) that at all. Just mentioning that he didn't come out birding everything.

Does anyone have any insight to the McBeth misplay situation? I'm rewatching how he played hole 7 on the Jomez vid and I don't see anything that jumps out at me

Does anyone have any insight to the McBeth misplay situation? I'm rewatching how he played hole 7 on the Jomez vid and I don't see anything that jumps out at me

Terry interviewed Nate Sexton as they walked up the 18th, and Sexton said it was an island hole but they played as if the throughway was inbounds. I haven't had a chance to see the video of McBeth playing it yet.

Kudos to McBeth for his honesty in self-reporting. Likewise kudos to Catrina for self-reporting at the Minnesota Majestic.

Only thing I can think is that there is a drop zone for OB that he failed to play from.

Actually, I think I figured it out, and its pretty bizarre. Caddy book for hole 7 says (exact quote emphasis added)

If OB off tee, proceed to drop zone. All subsequent throws proceed to last place in bounds. Must come to rest on island to proceed to play from island. Once safely on island, regular OB rules apply

The bolded part is really poorly phrased. Paul's second shot in round one crossed the island and went OB out the back. So he played last place in bounds, which is what the second sentence tells you to do. However, the third sentence tells you something completely different. This is a total cluster. I wish this would have been caught sooner, and I hope it doesn't end up costing paul 2 strokes, as it seems like had an honest interpretation of the caddy book.

Looking at the caddy book, it says: "Must come to rest on island to proceed to play from island."

So he was supposed to play his OB drop from the last place it was inbounds on the regular fairway portion of the hole, but instead he dropped a standard meter in on the island (just watched the video and that's how it went down). This allowed him to save a par 4 during his round, which he certainly wouldn't have scored if he had to drop from back in the fairway.

I'm sure Chuck or someone else will confirm the appropriate penalty, but it'll only deepen the hole if he wants to come back and catch Ricky at this point.