• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Pro Worlds

There was also some mention that the players' deal with Innova included a bonus if they took the top 4 spots...Yeti was only a couple strokes behind Stokely and ended up making it an all-Innova Masters final 9.

:|

What happened to stokelys run in mpo

this thread is hilarious. idk how many dumb posts i tried to quote but good job so far rick and good luck all bros.

I hadn't heard that but if so I consider the offer an ugly one. Assuming this happened, I understand Innova had no ill intent, but that offer is asking for trouble. Honestly I find it hard to believe.

I cant speak for them, but our team does that too. So I'm assuming that it may have been started by the older companies long ago. Now rest assured, the "bonus" isn't some huge amount of money.

Where are they playing tomorrow? A nice wooded course? Jones east is basically wide open and the country club blows. The roped OB stinks. I know why they do it but playing in a nice wooded course is fun to watch

I cant speak for them, but our team does that too. So I'm assuming that it may have been started by the older companies long ago. Now rest assured, the "bonus" isn't some huge amount of money.

There was definitely an added bonus if Innova players swept top 3 in Supertour events long ago (late 90's).

It was almost impossible to see. What made people suspicious was the immediate synchronized call. Followed by a second call on the next throw. Given the low number foot fault calls in general, to have two players call it simultaneously, twice, felt contrived.

I think I saw a conversation once that Stokeley had been foot faulting frequently on field shots, so the others decided to really call him on it if he did it again. When he did, they called it, then a second time and a third. On his fourth shot he foot faulted yet again, but they let it go in order to move along.

Whatever happened, it doesn't seem to be the norm.

It makes no sense to me and it looks bad to boot. Maslow's need hierarchy puts money rather low as a good motivational tool. I just don't see this having any real impact. From there it just looks stupid, and leads to questions like the one here.

Even more, trying to motivate a group in mass to get this kind of an outcome just doesn't seem workable unless it's a team sport. You can only be responsible for you in a tournament like this. There is no team work unless you cheat. No wonder people think Ken and PB cheated. Dumb IMO.

BTW - just to keep you interested, I'm rootin' for Nikko against your favorite! Good luck tomorrow.

Going live is so much harder than just filming and editing, even though editing sucks. A lot more equipment and money involved too.

Latest posts