• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Worlds Locations

Big T

Have these been awarded? If not when will they be identified? Is it scheduled to be a Pro/Am Worlds as I think I saw mentioned elsewhere?

Have these been awarded? If not when will they be identified? Is it scheduled to be a Pro/Am Worlds as I think I saw mentioned elsewhere?

They don't schedule it as a Pro/Am unless the winning bid offers to do it as such. The longer it takes for them to announce it, the more likely it is they're not getting sufficient bids to host it. I believe that's how Pro Worlds ended up back at Lemon Lake three years after it had already been there...no one else stepped up to do it in a timely enough manner.

I asked because Pittsburgh in 2015 was announced prior to 2013 Worlds being held.

Good grief 2014 Worlds isn't even done yet lol

so when is the appropriate time? after 2015 worlds?

by the way i hear walmart is setting out the christmas stuff after Labor Day this year.

Ideally, you want these things scheduled 3 years out or more. But like I posted earlier, if there aren't enough/any sufficient bids to host the event, you can't schedule it, especially something like Worlds. That isn't the event you just want to hand over to whoever happens to volunteer before some arbitrary deadline.

That isn't the event you just want to hand over to whoever happens to volunteer before some arbitrary deadline.

:rolleyes:
key word Ideally

:rolleyes:
key word Ideally

Of course. I don't think they're panicking yet with only two years to go.

I've also heard rumors over the years that part of the reason the IDGC was built was to have a fallback location for events like Worlds should a year go unbid or a host city/club falls through without enough notice to re-bid the event.

Of course. I don't think they're panicking yet with only two years to go.

I've also heard rumors over the years that part of the reason the IDGC was built was to have a fallback location for events like Worlds should a year go unbid or a host city/club falls through without enough notice to re-bid the event.

IDGC is too far out in the sticks- no banquet facilities, etc, etc. - if they were going to use IDGC they wouldn't have had to go back to Lemon Lake.

so when is the appropriate time? after 2015 worlds?

by the way i hear walmart is setting out the christmas stuff after Labor Day this year.

Not to actually pick the location, but to post it on DGCR lol

I'd put together a team in a few years to tackle Charlotte combined again. 2020?

actually now that i think abut it, i remember a year or so ago Chuck or someone else talking about europe possibly being ready for a worlds in 2016. i cant remember which thread it was just that we were ragging on it being called worlds.

Bring it back to Minnesota!

::ducks::

sure if the dude who runs North Star (st cloud) or the MN am champs TD id be down.

I think we have outgrown Combined Worlds. with how quickly both worlds filed it is obvious to me that even a city with as many courses as Charlotte can not handle how many people want to take in the worlds experience.

I remember the days when I could tell someone "if you want to play worlds...you can play worlds"

It would be interesting if another country hosted World's like say Sweden.

I'd put together a team in a few years to tackle Charlotte combined again. 2020?

Id be down for Am worlds. Keep the pros away lol

Biggest am worlds ever?

I think we have outgrown Combined Worlds. with how quickly both worlds filed it is obvious to me that even a city with as many courses as Charlotte can not handle how many people want to take in the worlds experience.

I remember the days when I could tell someone "if you want to play worlds...you can play worlds"

Agree 100% Dave.

A combined worlds also kills many of your opportunities to have volunteers since most will be playing

It would be interesting if another country hosted World's like say Sweden.

id really want to go. tho it would only really make sense to do pros first.