• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017/2018 winter bag

VictorB

* Ace Member *
Updating for winter season. No white discs (first snow of the season forecast for tomorrow) much less baseline/pro type plastics, reduced champ type plastic too, as well as my dedicated roller disc. Hoping to get some wear cycles kick started over the winter, mainly the eagles and have a couple of extra backup outlaws for next season that aren't brand new.

Distance:
167 2R pinnacle outlaw, new
174 1R pinnacle outlaw, new

Fairway:
175 star eagle-x, new - has some flashing also
171 star eagle-x, some wear
175 DX eagle-x, new
174 pinnacle patriot, new
175 doombird FD3, new

Midrange:
177 2R LE ESP Comet
17x X Comet, beat
177 DX Roc

Putters
175 classic aviar (x2) twin putting putters
175 classic aviar, beat up for approaches and straight/turnover shots
175 classic aviar, new for straight to hyzer drives
175 Z FLX Zone, new for short utility shots and forehand approaches

Discs from warm weather bag that were removed -
167 2R pinn outlaw (white disc)
175 C-line FD3 (too stiff and slick in cold weather time)
174 Icon Mongoose (likely won't need a roller disc)
179 gravity ghost (nicely worn in, don't want it to break)
179 gravity ghost (white disc)
179 gravity ghost (newish, took out to keep from beating in over the winter)
175 Recon Mortar 1.3 (too stiff and slick in cold weather)

Ghosts might not get put back in my bag next spring. I've long been a Comet fan, and got away from them in the couple of years I took off of playing more competitively. Put them back in for winter, and remember now why that disc is so good for me. Was placing them so well, like I never took them out of the bag. I think a full compliment of comets with maybe a z wasp or kc roc will be good next spring. Also, all the different molds of the mortar make me not want to put it back in the bag - I've never been someone to depend on a disc that I wasn't able to readily replace off the shelf. The 1.3 and 1.4 feel completely different, so the zone might have found a permanent spot already, but time will tell (like when I get to see the 1.5 mortars)

Last edited:

Latest posts