• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

I get that. It's like GBO. Even GBO has a very small payout for the top 10 players or so for Advanced or Intermediate divisions.

I'm rated 855. It's not like I make a living at this. I'm trying to decide between Advanced Masters and Recreational based on courses. I like MM1 courses better. However, if I play Rec I can still play Keriakes earlier in the week during the Flex Start and maybe have a small change of a thrill of getting a small payout. It's not like I'm an 897 bagger playing down to Rec to clean up on payout. For me, a small chance at payout is kind of a thrill. Or I can play Adv. Masters, get my butt kicked, but enjoy the courses.

Anyone else have real information instead of questioning motives?

Being 855 rated, you'll probably be near the top of the THIRD pool of rec players. He pays out 50%, so it's doubtful you'd cash. The two times I've gotten anything extra from BG Ams was when I played Rec as an 890 and 881 rated player, and only got $28 the first time and $42 last year.

The players pack is much different from GBO, since there are 7 or 8 manufacturers loading up most of their new discs (but we seem to always get a DGA Hurricane every year - Ha)....

...I can't reproduce their tables, but can give you my 'for instance', if that'll help;

Hopefully, that would give you a 'flavor' of the payouts, but the payout really isn't the draw, unless you make the finals.

ps: saw your update, and yep, that discussion is worth a review if payouts are a factor in deciding to register :p

Thank you. This is what I was kind of wondering.

I'm 46 years old and rated 855. Big tournaments I usually choose the division based on courses played because I rarely cash even in Rec.

Sponosr registration openn

You can register and sponsor a hole here: http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-golf-tournaments/event-detail.cfm/tourn_id/4300

Besides getting a sign on a hole you will be playing (feel free to steal it) you get a custom stamped disc made only for sponsors, and a nice shirt with your Name and PDGA# on the front pocket area. It also includes your $95 entry fee as a player!

You must be current PDGA for 2017 to sign up!!!!

Sponsorship ends December 31 . . . .

HB553 TD

Some info - most others above on this fourm have correctly clarified, so I will not rehash all.

SAME as last year:
Course assignments, event format, final venue.
No special arrangements for pool, players, etc as all pools and tees are based on player ratings.
Payouts 50% . . . final 9 players can collect on site.
Trophy baskets for first place!
9 event discs from 9 manufactures - announced as manufactures tell me to announce - some will not announce until Check In starts due to the new or pre releases!

Changes: Tech College will have a replacement hole between 6 and 7 to replace hole 4 which has a building under construction.
Check IN will be at the University Plaza Holiday Inn (think lots of room) at the usual times, in room B by the atrium. Vendors will be scattered about the area and outside each evening . . .
The BIG FLYMART will be at the adjacent Conference Center(think lots of room)
The almost famous treasure hunt of local pubs and eateries will be split in to tow or three hunts - so you do not feel like you have to visit 18 places . . . also will allow two or three chances for each player to win big prizes.

Unknown: Baseball Park CTP and party - waiting for minor league to finalize schedule to lease the facility for Saturday evening.

I hope this helps - keep looking at the event web pages for announcements of special fundraising discs, players package, and updates of all info: http://bluegrassdiscgolf.org/BowlingGreen.html

Registration opens Jan 5 at 6am CST

Registration opens for all players on Thursday January 5th at 6am central time on Disc Golf United. . . . this year we are having manufactures send us a lot of 50 fund raising discs that you can purchase at registration, and we will mail them as they come in . . . The first ones available are the new Innova Shryke being released in Champion plastic for this event . . . we will be mailing those out first of next week . . . others manufactures are still deciding on their special disc / blend / stamp . . . . see you in April 2017 . . .

HB - TD BG AMs and the other 50 volunteers of the BG Disc Golf Club.

Happy to have gotten myself and my buddy registered this morning for a set of courses we'll both enjoy. Looking forward to a great birthday weekend!

I got in in 5 minutes, but I continued to check and at about 10 minutes, the server appeared to crash. Was down for a while, but it's back up now. I was afraid they'd start over again ala 2016 Am Worlds.

More than 1/3 full in the first 1.5 hours.

Having Second Thoughts

after this mornings experience..

couldn't get logged in (early crash?)

second attempt ms1 (capped at 20, we had 32+ last year) is full.. I call bs on cap #!

tried to go to waitlist. DCU waitlist reg page froze, twice..

I also noticed the Tournament page says waitlist fee is $5. DGU waitlist reg fee is $7

anybody know if this applies to entry if you get in?

Thinking strongly about this concept in NW Michigan..

4-5 courses over as many days. Age protected Divisions only WITH NO ENTRY CAPS!

Becoming increasingly jaded with how organizers view age protected divisions..

Very bummed to see you didn't make it in this morning Oldstump

Also had all sorts of problems with pages loading

Was shocked that I did make it into MS1 considering the problems I was having

Was even more shocked to see MS1 limited to 20 after a field of 32 last year

MS1 filled within 10 minutes?

I realize it is not easy to split a pool up, and keep everyone happy. Just wondering if the expectation was for stronger interest in the female divisions.

after this mornings experience..

couldn't get logged in (early crash?)

second attempt ms1 (capped at 20, we had 32+ last year) is full.. I call bs on cap #!

tried to go to waitlist. DCU waitlist reg page froze, twice..

I also noticed the Tournament page says waitlist fee is $5. DGU waitlist reg fee is $7

anybody know if this applies to entry if you get in?

Thinking strongly about this concept in NW Michigan..

4-5 courses over as many days. Age protected Divisions only WITH NO ENTRY CAPS!

Becoming increasingly jaded with how organizers view age protected divisions..

I believe it will count towards your entry if you get in.

Very bummed to see you didn't make it in this morning Oldstump

Also had all sorts of problems with pages loading

Was shocked that I did make it into MS1 considering the problems I was having

Was even more shocked to see MS1 limited to 20 after a field of 32 last year

MS1 filled within 10 minutes?

I realize it is not easy to split a pool up, and keep everyone happy. Just wondering if the expectation was for stronger interest in the female divisions.

Since that division and all the women will be in one pool, it will be interesting to see how he fills the remaining spots. He usually holds a few spots open in each pool to allow for ratings shifts. It looks like there 85 available spots right now in that pool, but can hold 90. So will he go by first come first serve from the waitlist or go by divisions within the pool? Plus I doubt all the different women's divisions will fill so there will be more spots available there...

Didnt get in this year. MM1 filled up early. Last year you didnt have to rush to sign up. Oh well im sitting at 11th on the waiting list. Prob not getting in. Hopefully i'll get lucky.

Latest posts