• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

There doesnt seem to be as much hype on here, as there has been in years past. Somebody start the HYPE!

Awwww, Man! You niced the whole tournament? I might as well not go now...:D

Between my messed up shoulder and family issues, I've been tamping down my anticipation in case I don't get to go...

Busy as hell on course designs so not posting a lot . . . BUT: Players' Package will have a bit of expansion . . . . new location of check in will allow fun vendor set up for games just off parking lot . . . Tech College course is getting two replacement holes (hole 3 not 385' and dog legs to left - shorter than before . . . then long walk past construction where hole 4 was, then play 5 and 6 as is, followed by new hole of 290' with OM on left and right down grass strip of parking lot for 200' to small grove of trees. . . . we are splitting the Treasure Hunt into three hunts so you can feel like you can complete it (think pub crawl) in one night, and even do one each night so you can have three chances to win the three baskets we will give away Sunday at the start of Finals . . . We are hosting CTPs in the Ballpark again Saturday night with beer and vendors in the park . . . . Friday night flymart moved to convention center for much butt room . . . . and the Club is busy getting sponsors, cleaning up courses, lining up the massive OB paint volunteers list, and eating wings and having cold beverages at our meetings!

I will do a mass invite to fill all divisions to max after the March 28 rating update - I have about 15 spots to add in MA2 and MA1, and a few in all other divisions.

The Nati will be returning once again as the Tech Course Sponsor...............

We have teamed up with Dynamic Discs and Whalepants for our usualy BYOP on Thursday $40 a team with a nice players pack from DD.

More info here

2010788016.png

natibg_orig.jpg

Come check us out at the course, flymart, players party, and final 9

Getting ready for my flymart table, the next 3 weeks I'm going to crank out as many minis as I can. Any special requests?

If you haven't seen what I do, check out the thread here, especially towards the end, I've been casting in resin, so I can take any photo to a mini, also can do basic wood burning, so pdga # or name or anything simple could be done in a plain wood one.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17158

king of all Bobs```

the King of all Bobs vow to take down this tournament. the ohio born player has over 30 victories in his career and as he says looking at the field, this should be an easy 31 victory.. wish bob well on his quest in rec division.. Bob the bod Cundiff

He told me once how he got the nickname 'Naked Bob':gross:
...but he's still great fun to play disc golf with. Good luck, Bob, maybe see you around town while we're there!
:p

Be sure to follow the official twitter page, @BowlingGreenAMs. I'm sure we will start giving away stuff and relaying important events now that we're so close. HB, can you include the link to the twitter page in your next email to the tournament?

"Getting ready for my flymart table, the next 3 weeks I'm going to crank out as many minis as I can. Any special requests?"

You might consider University of Kentucky (UK) stamped mini's. I would bet that they would sell the best at the BG flymart.

Groups of 5?

Still hoping to hear they might add myself and 3 others on MS1 wait list. I felt hopeful when signing on the wl as last year organizers went to groups of 5 in pool I.

MS 1 used less groups for more guys.. they seem reticent to do that this year.

Play seemed fine. Anyone else that played last year have an issue with how play was?

So, when's the schedule going to be finalized? This is two weeks away, right?

http://www.bluegrassdiscgolf.org/BGamSchedule.html

Latest posts