• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 DGPT Tour Championship

Pretty bitter about the DGPT bracket contest. Waited until late Wednesday night to finalize my bracket(I had to work in the morning and don't have access to my email until after). Only to find out Thursday afternoon that certain players where not attending. You can't tell me they didn't know players like Cale and Cam where not attending the night before the event. Plus they had them down as attending. Even emailed DGPT to ask if it was final with no response. Final confirmation of players should have been established by Sunday or Monday. Great idea with poor execution.
Pretty disappointed.
Also, I don't think T Miller should be allowed to play. He's hired by DGPT so he's essentially employed by them for the event. Furthermore, it's for the fans to partake in(I know, he's one too). I'm sure we'll hear him gloat.

Okay, enough bickering. Proceed with telling me I'm wrong.

Cam literally bailed out the morning of the event. He told Steve he was attending as late as Wednesday night. Cale was a YES on attending and no showed.

And I hear ya on Terry's gloating, but that's funny that you think he shouldn't be allowed to play.

Huge Will fan, but wow...Will has the brains but not the voice for commentary imo. His voice seemed very frail, compared to Terry.

Idk how I feel about this bracket format. On one hand I like the change up from the normal tournament configuration, but Dana advances with a 5 down and Philo doesn't with an 8 down? Seems like the factor of who you're carded with is too consequential and does not reward the best play. I feel like the wildcard was added to mitigate this problem but its not perfect by any means, and I'm sure Philo would agree.

One week after the HOFC playoff we get Ricky, Paul, and Simon battling it out again, should be entertaining

Idk how I feel about this bracket format. On one hand I like the change up from the normal tournament configuration, but Dana advances with a 5 down and Philo doesn't with an 8 down? Seems like the factor of who you're carded with is too consequential and does not reward the best play. I feel like the wildcard was added to mitigate this problem but its not perfect by any means, and I'm sure Philo would agree.

I'm with you. I kind of liked the bracket structure and switching it up, but I would imagine Philo and his fans don't love it right now. Maybe instead of just one wild card they allow anyone who had a better score than one of the card winners to move on. So in this case anyone who shot better than Dana's -5 would move one. I know that could create a need for 2 or more cards, but it would still be rewarding the best play.

Maybe they could offer a bonus to the card with the lowest combined score - maybe something like $250 for each player so that those in Philo's situation don't get completely shafted

It's a little like saying you don't like it when the Cinderella team makes it to the final four, beating Duke by a score of 40 to 38 when NC isn't going cause then lost to Florida 77 to 80. Dana had to beat the number three seed. It's hard to say what factors were different, but maybe Philo shoots a -4 on that card.

Would we be having this conversation if Kolling wins the card with a -5?

As for me, I'm rooting for Dana to win the whole thing. That would be a law drop.

Maybe they could offer a bonus to the card with the lowest combined score - maybe something like $250 for each player so that those in Philo's situation don't get completely shafted

Losers doubles bracket. Play for merch.

Blah blah blah. Philo knew going into the round what he would need to do to move on. He didn't do it... Its like people who want them to re-seed the Final4 and ruin it. Or people that whine about one conference or division being better than another in NFL/NBA... whine whine whine

It's a little like saying you don't like it when the Cinderella team makes it to the final four, beating Duke by a score of 40 to 38 when NC isn't going cause then lost to Florida 77 to 80. Dana had to beat the number three seed. It's hard to say what factors were different, but maybe Philo shoots a -4 on that card.

Would we be having this conversation if Kolling wins the card with a -5?

As for me, I'm rooting for Dana to win the whole thing. That would be a law drop.

I like to see an underdog win as much as anyone, the point isn't about the notoriety of the player but the scoring spread. These basketball comparisons would hold more water if this were match play, but this is something else. Like I said, just doesn't quite feel rightly rewarding.

I like to see an underdog win as much as anyone, the point isn't about the notoriety of the player but the scoring spread. These basketball comparisons would hold more water if this were match play, but this is something else. Like I said, just doesn't quite feel rightly rewarding.

That's why I said it's a little bit, not a lot. :D. If it was the final and Dana won over someone with a better score, that would make me nuts. This doesn't bother me nearly as much because it's prelude. It just adds a twist. Philo had his chance, he threw into a tree. Stuff happens.

But I understand where you're coming from. It just doesn't bother me in the same way.

James Conrad mentioned how the players were feeding off of each other playing well. Does Philo or JC shoot -8 on Dana's card? Maybe, maybe not. You play the opponent you're given.

I'm a huge Philo fan and it sucks for him but that's the nature of the format. It's a nice change of pace and I'm enjoying it.

After hole12 Dana was -6 and Jerm and Mcbride were at even par, Dana then par'd 13-17 and bogeyed 18. Jerm did make a bit of a run going -3 to finish. I haven't watched the vid but Dana I'm sure was in cruise mode.

Yep, exactly. It was job done for Dana after 12 essentially. I definitely didn't pick him for my bracket but well done to him.