• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2024 DGPT - Copenhagen Open

EllEstar

Eagle Member
So this is starting bright and early tomorrow. Tons of good players, most of the top European MPO players are there, including Niklas, and in FPO we have 3 of the top 6 from Champions Cup and the winner of Texas States.

Going to be interesting to see how the first DGPT Elite Series event in Europe goes.

On the MPO side it's a really scorable course that doesn't require a ton of distance, with a few exceptions. My top 3 picks are

Niklas - best player in the field and doesn't lack the distance
Lauri - possibly the second best player in Europe when his mental game isn't keeping him back
Barsby - like I said, not a long course and plenty of forehand holes and opportunities to make long putts

On the FPO there's a few really tough holes but also some eagle opportunities on easy par 4s and 6s (yes, a par 6). My top 3 picks are

Eveliina - you can't not pick her with this field
Silva - always bet on the best putter in the field
Heidi - as much as I don't want to just pick the top 3 highest rated women, I think they'll all play well here and have all been playing well recently, so I'm going with the Finnish champ in 3rd

No first round on Youtube?
looks like not for FPO, they did have a live YT stream setup for it though (Redditor linked the now unlisted stream here )

Maybe some technical difficulty?

I thought my youtube was stuck in a loop nope nybo just has a perfect stuck in a loop pre shot routine.

scary for US FPO players when players like Eveliina and Heidi have to fight to get into the top 10 in a field witout the US players- - Euro FPO is STONG

Really impressed with the strides that European women players are making. It adds so much to the FPO, both in personality and competition.

Hope to see some coverage of Jenni Karppinen tomorrow. I think she is a really solid player (and incredibly nice as well).

I'm now a recent Silva fan.

1. The majority of my bag is MVP/Axoim.

2. She throws disc I can relate too Envy, Crave, Hex, Uplink, Tesla, Wave, and others im forgetting. Her main driver seems to be a Crave. I would think eventually she will have a signature disc.

3. Watch her lead card coverage Music City and President Cup. Impressive, if she can eliminate too many mistakes..........

4. She has a powerful standstill. Using it on open tees, I can't think of anybody else that does that. Her stance is different. I enjoy throwing standstills, brought my rear foot more closed than her, and have picked up more distance.

I look forward to seeing her on coverage in the years to come, and checking her progress and tournament placement.

What a strange round from Anttila. He was 1 over through 8! I kinda tuned out around that point, the level of play nor the course could keep me captivated.

Now I go to scores; how is he -8?? Birdied 9, par on 10 and then straight birdied out.

Resilience.

Last edited:
I'm now a recent Silva fan.

She's a really good player and her game has a maturity beyond her years. I'm interested to see her personality come through a little more in the coming years. Right now, she's very quiet and seems shy, but that could have a lot more to do with a language barrier than anything else.

scary for US FPO players when players like Eveliina and Heidi have to fight to get into the top 10 in a field witout the US players- - Euro FPO is STONG
Seems like the common holes between FPO & MPO layouts are challenging for FPO and scorable for MPO (even with the par adjustment on a few for '24). Euro FPO certainly have excelled at fairway hits & tee->green play (Salonen) but Allsalu, Saarinen, and Steen all seem like solid putters and decent fairway navigators.

Copenhagen course looks pretty fun, still has those roped artificial OBs throughout but lots of different natural foliage as obstacles to navigate disc flights. Not sure any park in U.S. similar to this would allow flying discs with all the pedestrian paths (I'm thinking of botanical gardens/nature preserves). Very peaceful and quiet w/ bird noises getting picked up throughout the broadcast (an no commentators speaking over it).

Seems like the common holes between FPO & MPO layouts are challenging for FPO and scorable for MPO (even with the par adjustment on a few for '24). Euro FPO certainly have excelled at fairway hits & tee->green play (Salonen) but Allsalu, Saarinen, and Steen all seem like solid putters and decent fairway navigators.

Copenhagen course looks pretty fun, still has those roped artificial OBs throughout but lots of different natural foliage as obstacles to navigate disc flights. Not sure any park in U.S. similar to this would allow flying discs with all the pedestrian paths (I'm thinking of botanical gardens/nature preserves). Very peaceful and quiet w/ bird noises getting picked up throughout the broadcast (an no commentators speaking over it).
Fwiw, holes 1 through 5 are all temporary and a few more are either using a temporary tee or are a combination of two holes.

The regular layout is somewhat more contained and doesn't cross as many paths and picnic areas.

It will be interesting lead and chase cards for both the MPO and FPO, although the FPO looks like a three way race. It will still be fun to see if Jenni can hold off the challengers and finish top 5 or perhaps even move up onto the podium. Any of the top 15 MPO could take the win tomorrow, so it will be exciting to watch.

Just watched the highlights and...
Big congrats to Evaliina! She really battled and it was amazing to see her clutching up on putts to force the playoff with Kaidi Allsalu. Kaidi just picked the wrong day to have her worst round of the event.

That said...

Man, has Evaliina's putting improved! 🙂

Only a year ago, if you told me, it'd be fun to watch the FPO side of a European event, that Tattar wasn't even playing in, I might not have believed you. But with Evaliina, Henna, Silva, can hold their own with the best the US has to offer. I hope to see more of Kaidi Allsalu and Rachel Turton.

Las Vegas Challenge's FPO side seems a bit soft, and the ladies on Copenhagen put on a show. My how the tables have turned.

Except for Simon, it looks like Europe's MPO is still a step or two behind the US's best players, but they do appear to be closing the gap.

Latest posts