• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2017 Discraft Ace Race

JRW III

Double Eagle Member
Any word, rumors, or speculation on what this years disc will be?

Poster on Discraft's Facebook page said each players will get 2 discs, a t-shirt, and a mini Buzzz & more. Looks like they dropped the towel from last year but upgraded the mini to a mini Buzzz.

Hope they do the same, or similar quality, t-shirt as last year. Those were nice shirts.

Since the XS and XL went OOP this year, I'm thinking a speed 7 fairway would make sense. Something between the Stalker and the Mantis.

When was the last time they had a strong fan following for a disc from the ace race again?

When was the last time they had a strong fan following for a disc from the ace race again?

Is the goal a "strong fan followed" production disc?? It seems to be a popular marketing strategy with most manufacturers following suit with identical tournaments. Do we see a slew of "strong fan followed" discs from all of the copycats?

The Heat and Mantis probably do OK for Discraft. I see a lot of them around here, granted in Discraft's backyard.

Is the goal a "strong fan followed" production disc?? It seems to be a popular marketing strategy with most manufacturers following suit with identical tournaments. Do we see a slew of "strong fan followed" discs from all of the copycats?

The Heat and Mantis probably do OK for Discraft. I see a lot of them around here, granted in Discraft's backyard.

Oh all makes sense now! Thank you ru4 for the insight.

Glides and Meteors are pretty popular down here.

I see a heat from time to time in GA, but other than a lot of old school guys that love Buzzzes and Comets Discraft has weaker representation down here. In MI, I used to see the Mantis and even the Nebula a fair bit.

Oh all makes sense now! Thank you ru4 for the insight.

There was no insight designed in the response. Just questions to try to stimulate conversation. Which both your post and the response seems to have done. I not sure the entire campaign was designed to sell the year's disc. I think much of it has to do with branding and exposure. Some of the idea certainly was aimed at introducing the game to new people. Also provides and opportunity for non tournament players to gain some exposure to a tournament type atmosphere. :confused:

There was no insight designed in the response. Just questions to try to stimulate conversation. Which both your post and the response seems to have done. I not sure the entire campaign was designed to sell the year's disc. I think much of it has to do with branding and exposure. Some of the idea certainly was aimed at introducing the game to new people. Also provides and opportunity for non tournament players to gain some exposure to a tournament type atmosphere. :confused:

Fair enough! Thanks.

I LOVE the Heat as well.....super predictable and very easy to throw.

I bag two Heats! :hfive:

I really liked last year's disc.

Not great for an Ace Race, but a super fun disc to throw otherwise.

...and an AR Archer! :hfive:

...Hope they do the same, or similar quality, t-shirt as last year. Those were nice shirts.

I have one of these shirts still in the bag if you want it! :cool:

I would think it varies by region. Some places have a stronger Discraft following than others.

Personally, the only Ace Race disc still in my bag is the 2010 ESP Hornet. Has been in my bag ever since the 2010 Ace Race.

I'm still bagging a meteor and impact, nebula once in a while. I really wish Discraft would go back to hats. The shirts don't even come in my size, so I hand straight over to the guy who runs doubles and tell him to use it as a ctp prize.

Latest posts