• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Prediction Contest - Main Thread

Which event in June would you prefer to predict?

• Utah Open

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Beaver State Fling

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

discallday

Birdie Member
This is where the tournament prediction threads will be announced, and the cumulative results posted. I may not always be able to post a screenshot of the results after every tournament, but if you send a PM with your email address, I'll try allowing you to view the active spreadsheet. I believe it works best if you have a gmail account, but I may be wrong.

Please subscribe to this thread if you would like to receive notifications.

If you would like to donate a disc, etc. for prizes, or help with scoring, send me a PM.

The events included in this contest are:
The Memorial (March 1-4)
Waco Charity Open (March 16-18)
Nick Hyde Memorial (March 31-2)
Jonesboro Open (April 13-16)
Glass Blown Open (April 27-29)
Master's Cup (May 19-21)
*Utah Open (June 1-3) OR Beaver State Fling (June 9-11)
Worlds (June 20-24)
Ledgestone (August 3-6)
Idlewild (August 18-20)
Vibram (August 31-3)
Green Mountain (September 13-16)
USDGC (October 4-7)
DGPT Championships (October 19-22)

I've limited the contest to events in the US, and further eliminated a few so that none were on consecutive weekends. This left me with the choice of whether to cut the Utah Open or the Beaver State Fling from inclusion. I'll make this decision based upon survey responses

We've 14 events, and the 4 lowest scores will be dropped from predictors' totals.

I do plan to include optional gambles/wagers (I'm thinking for Worlds, USDGC, and the DGPT Championships), but the percentage of possible point value will be roughly half of what it was last year (which ended up being ~29%).

Questions, comments?

Here are the results for The Memorial. As always, let me know if you see a scoring discrepancy.

Attachments

• 2017Mem.png
    2017Mem.png
    17 KB · Views: 16
Here are the Waco results. Only Ben17 chose to exclude Wysocki from his list, but they were perfect for their FPO and Bonuses, giving them the hot score for the week.

Attachments

• 2017WACO.png
    2017WACO.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 29
Jonesboro has posted. Predictions are due by the end of the day on Thursday.

The next totals update will likely wait until after this round.

Scoring Updates

Leaders could be determined a couple different ways at this point. I decided to start excluding the two lowest scores thus far. Eventually each predictor's 4 lowest scores will be excluded.

dj is currently leading in terms of total points, but excluding the two lowest scores puts PWaggoner in the lead. Perhaps this demonstrates the importance of getting into the contest no later than this weekend's GBO, if you want to still have a good chance of finishing well.

Attachments

• Jones2017.png
    Jones2017.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 15
dj still leads. I had the top score with 40 points this round. Having only one round to predict led (predictably) to lots of high scores. The tie for first in FPO didn't hurt either.

Next round is the Masters cup, next week.

Attachments

• 2017GBO.png
    2017GBO.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 17
TimSyl has jumped decidedly into 1st, with their successful gamble (and dj's slightly less than successful gamble...). I'm in last place among the regulars, but not by too much.

Newcomers Inverted and whitefedora made very successful predictions and gambles to bring them past the 50th percentile.

The Ledgestone should be posting in the next couple of days.

Attachments

• 2017Worlds.jpg
    2017Worlds.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 25
discallday... please review the wagers from Worlds.

1. Will Wysocki and McBeth both finish in the top 2 places in MPO? (Wager up to 15 points)
2. Will P Pierce, C Allen, S Hokom, and V Jenkins all finish in the top 6 places of FPO? (Wager up to 15 points)

The answer to both of those is YES:
1. Ricky
2. Paul

1. Paige
2. Val
4. Catrina
T6. Sarah

I believe I should have earned +15 points and not -5.

discallday... please review the wagers from Worlds.

The answer to both of those is YES:
1. Ricky
2. Paul

1. Paige
2. Val
4. Catrina
T6. Sarah

I believe I should have earned +15 points and not -5.

Yeah, I should have had 51 points from Worlds, not 36.