• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Disc Golf Trading Cards

Sorry, you are wrong.

That was just 3 quick examples. These are not one off cards, there are thousands of cards of many different players in many different sports selling for this amount. Hundreds of thousands selling for $1k+.

There is more money in the sport card market now than ever before.

The 80s and 90s sportscards are basically all trash because of major over production. There are very few from this time frame that still hold value.

I agree the number of collectors is smaller now than the 80s/90s, but today's sports card market is doing just fine. No where near dead.

How many companies are producing baseball cards today? The next question, who are they catering to? How much does a pack of cards that may contain a $10K card cost?

I have absolutely zero proof of what I'm about to guess. But yeah.

I would speculate many of the people that used to collect them slowly stopped, had to sell them for financial reasons, or whatever. Those that continued are old(er) and have more money to spend on random ****...how many 15 year olds do you honestly think buy baseball cards now? NO CHANCE teenagers and children seek them out on a daily basis like young people in the 80s did (for example).

Give it what, 30 years when a majority of said old(er) people die and see how the market is doing then. I literally haven't seen a sports card in over a decade and I'm only 29. Hell I haven't even heard anyone mention the words "______ card" in conversation in equally as long.

It's a niche market that requires money, which prices kids out. This isn't what we are talking about though. I'm arguing that the sports card market is no where near dead, and gave proof of that. It is insane the amount of money people spend on these cards.

My guess is in 30 years the card market will be just fine. As long as sports are being played, there will be a market.

How many companies are producing baseball cards today? The next question, who are they catering to? How much does a pack of cards that may contain a $10K card cost?

There are many, I don't know them all. Topps, Panini, Leaf, Donruss, Onyx, Bowman, etc.

They are catering to baseball fans. Most packs cost between $5-$15.

It's a niche market that requires money, which prices kids out. This isn't what we are talking about though. I'm arguing that the sports card market is no where near dead, and gave proof of that. It is insane the amount of money people spend on these cards.

My guess is in 30 years the card market will be just fine. As long as sports are being played, there will be a market.

I'll give you that. It isn't dead. It is vastly different. Very niche. It is much more akin to playing the lotto now than it ever was. But, I stand by my statement. It did die in 1996. It has been resurrected, and looks nothing like it used to.

There are many, I don't know them all. Topps, Panini, Leaf, Donruss, Onyx, Bowman, etc.

They are catering to baseball fans. Most packs cost between $5-$15.

Topps owns bowman. Panini owns donruss. Never heard of Onyx.. Leaf used to be owned by Donruss..

I'll give you that. It isn't dead. It is vastly different. Very niche. It is much more akin to playing the lotto now than it ever was. But, I stand by my statement. It did die in 1996. It has been resurrected, and looks nothing like it used to.

Now we are in agreement! and your lotto comment is spot on.

who's going to buy them in 30+ years? Sure as **** nobody born after 1990.

I want to here about these rare cards from the packs. Autos, inserts, parallels? Game used piece of proto destroyer cut up and put in the cards?

Latest posts