• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 PDGA Pro Masters Worlds

Is it just me or do these guys look worn out in the Semi-final and Final 9 rounds? They don't seem to be having much fun.

I wonder if five, 18-hole rounds plus a final 9 is too much.

Is it just me or do these guys look worn out in the Semi-final and Final 9 rounds? They don't seem to be having much fun.

It was oppressively humid on Saturday. The semis were the earliest tee time of the tournament. And there is some significant elevation to navigate on the courses. What I'm saying it wasn't ideal conditions for even the fittest players to look and feel good as they played. These courses were a grind all week, and I think that more than the format itself is to blame for any fatigue these guys showed.

Performance Tracks
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• PMW2019FP40Tracks.png
    PMW2019FP40Tracks.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 90
  • PMW2019MP40Tracks.png
    PMW2019MP40Tracks.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 88

Playing 81 holes IS a ton of DG to play in hot/humid conditions for anyone! I also did not see any type of friendly competition going on between Feldberg, Schultz, Rico and Johne. They looked like they did not enjoy playing against each other. Johne's attitude on the course was also getting pretty ridiculous which I think was bringing the other players down. No wonder Rico dropped out from playing the final round and instead let his lesser talented team mate play instead. I also notice a couple of these guys looked MUCH older than their ages. Johne especially looks a good 20 years older than his age. It was kind of hard to watch this tournament with the way these guys were (or weren't) having any type of interaction with each other. Quite the opposite from many pro open tournaments I have watched over the past few years. Also hard to watch all the missed putts from some of the guys. Barry's putting was just awful in the last couple of rounds.

I'd caution against judging any group's interactions with one another based entirely what you see on an edited video. What you'd deem as friendly interactions may well have all been off camera. In what limited time I saw the lead card, they didn't seem any more or less frosty than any other group on the course. Idle chat during down times, some laughs and smiles, but 100% focused and serious when action was live.

JohnE in particular may have appeared stand-offish and unhappy because he'd been battling a virus all week. He may have been keeping his distance simply to keep his germs to himself. He and Jennifer spent most of the week at the course with bandanas over their mouths (JohnE was playing that way in the final)...partly due to pollen allergies, partly because they'd been sick.

Last edited:
From my understanding and also from what I have seen in the past Johne comes off as a whiner. Has also done his share of b*tching when he's been filmed in the past as well (one of the past Masters tournaments is a prime example though I can't remember the exact year. It's available on youtube). Seems anything is a distraction with him. From everything I have read on a couple of other sites I am far from being the only one who doesn't exactly like this guy. Every sport has its share of jerks. Why should disc golf be any different?

Last edited:

Latest posts