• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2020 DGPT Silver Series

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
https://www.dgpt.com/2020-silver-series.html
The Disc Golf Pro Tour is pleased to announce that the DGPT Test Events will shift to a new structure for the 2020 season which will be known as the DGPT Silver Series. The DGPT is currently working with events that served as 2019 Test Events to establish the bulk of the Silver Series schedule. That said, we are open to hearing from other events that may be interested in becoming a part of the Series.

Discussions and evaluation of events will take place during the first two weeks of November. Final details of the Silver Series structure will be released later this month along with the finalized schedule. However, some notable changes to the Series can be shared at this time. First, Silver Series events will award DGPT points at approximately 20% of the value of an event on Tour. The DGPT will also deliver a branding package to each event, as well as assist with marketing, promotion, and placement and procural of event resources if necessary.

Interested events will be considered if they have a strong history of meeting the highest standards of competition at venues that are well-suited for elite-level play. Working in coordination with our partners at the PDGA, the DGPT prefers that Silver Series events are PDGA A-Tiers. The event staff must also be experienced with a track record of demonstrated success. The Silver Series will serve as not only a developmental platform for events interested in joining the DGPT in the future but as its own unique part of the tour in 2020. To submit your event for consideration, please fill out the form to the right.

I'm just going to make one thread to cover all of these and will update them as they get near.

Last edited:
Gran Canyon (the TDTM course) is far and away my favorite course that I've ever played. It looks like some pretty big names are registered for MPO: MJ, Dickerson, Heimburg, McCray, Melton and more. Barry Schultz is waitlisted for MP40. My money is on Calvin for MPO unless Paul McBeth shows up. He is not registered for it, but Hannah is. I wonder if he will play it if his ankle is healed by then?

One I would like to see back on the National Tour is the Minnesota Majestic but since that will not happen it should be on the Pro Tour schedule barring any kind of uh, conflict with NT or PT. It used to have the best pro players from Minnesota at it, with
some that tour the USA showing up in the early 2010's when it was on the NT for the last time.

Last edited: