• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 Pro Earnings

This is "only" PDGA-sanctioned tourney payouts, right? I know that's the easiest data to get, but in some cases their sponsorship contracts are even more lucrative.

Things like signature/tour discs seem to be on the same trajectory: more pros getting more money. But all of that info is not publically available.

What other frolf-related revenue streams do these players have? I know some are very successful with their social media presence.

This is "only" PDGA-sanctioned tourney payouts, right? I know that's the easiest data to get, but in some cases their sponsorship contracts are even more lucrative.

Things like signature/tour discs seem to be on the same trajectory: more pros getting more money. But all of that info is not publically available.

What other frolf-related revenue streams do these players have? I know some are very successful with their social media presence.

I think YouTube is certainly a revenue stream for them. I have no idea how much. I am guessing that appearance and lessons could be a nice chuck of pocket change. Pro's often will show up for a group of 10-100 player for an hour of few of instruction and signing. I think this is a real nice source of increased money in the future.

I believe the below is only tournament payouts.

I thought the tour was a lot of fun to watch this year. Seems like a nice influx of talent for both MPO and FPO divisions. It's no longer a guarantee that the victor is going to be one of the top four pros for a division. You would think that would encourage more people to try and make a go of it. So I would think the numbers should continue to go up both in participants and payouts.

I think YouTube is certainly a revenue stream for them. I have no idea how much. I am guessing that appearance and lessons could be a nice chuck of pocket change. Pro's often will show up for a group of 10-100 player for an hour of few of instruction and signing. I think this is a real nice source of increased money in the future.

I believe the below is only tournament payouts.

You get about $120 for every 100k views depending on the ads shown, watch times and some other things.

You get about $120 for every 100k views depending on the ads shown, watch times and some other things.

As much a producer pushing liking and subscribing I would imagine that there are incentives for that as well?

Or does that just push them towards a larger audience?

I'm no expert, but I think this is it. Pretty sure Likes and Subscribes affect the algorithms and how clips are "routed" to viewers.

I don't think they translate directly to $, but I could be wrong.

Discmania, how many FPO players do they have?
And i DO think that hurts them

Its hard to come up with full time touring FPO players to sponsor that aren't already.
950+ rated FPO (total 11) sponsor breakdown:
3 Discraft
1 Lat64
4 Innova
2 Prodigy
1 MVP

High demand for those FPO players that are consistently on the top couple cards with a chance to win. All of those are manufacturers and not 'brands' the way DM has been, so maybe with their in house manufacturing they'll try and get one of the top FPO. DM had Ella Hansen on tour for the second half of the 2021 who has shown the ability to throw 970+ rated rounds as a rookie.

As much a producer pushing liking and subscribing I would imagine that there are incentives for that as well?

I'm no expert, but I think this is it. Pretty sure Likes and Subscribes affect the algorithms and how clips are "routed" to viewers.

I don't think they translate directly to $, but I could be wrong.

Yep. The more L/C/Subs you are generating, the more your channel/vids "trend"

YouTube earnings depend on a lot of factors. Some factors such as ad revenue rates, subscribers, sponsorships, monetization, and lots more also affect how much you can earn from your YouTube channel.

The earlier listed names should give you a heads up on the limitless possibility on YouTube. However, not all channels would earn millions.

Here are some guides to help give an insight on how much YouTubers make per view.

Google pays out 68% Adsense revenue, which means for every $1000 an advertiser pays, Google pays the publisher $680.
Advertisers rate varies per view. Usually, it is between $0.10 – 0.30 per view.
A YouTuber receives $18 per 1000 ad views, approximately $3 – $5 per 1000 video views.
For many YouTubers, the answer to this question is very little or nothing, while for some, it is a business worth making a living off. The level of exposure and engagement you get determines the income you generate for yourself.

Unfortunately, only a small percentage of YouTube viewers click on ads on YouTube, so the only way to go about it is by integrating these ads into your YouTube videos.

The YouTuber business is competitive, but what is achievable for A can also be achieved by B.

All you need to do is create unique content and build a solid reputation for yourself. It is advised you have a good plan and monetizing strategy for your channel. YouTube earnings depend on a lot of factors. Some factors such as ad revenue rates, subscribers, sponsorships, monetization, and lots more also affect how much you can earn from your YouTube channel.

The earlier listed names should give you a heads up on the limitless possibility on YouTube. However, not all channels would earn millions.

Here are some guides to help give an insight on how much YouTubers make per view.

Google pays out 68% Adsense revenue, which means for every $1000 an advertiser pays, Google pays the publisher $680.
Advertisers rate varies per view. Usually, it is between $0.10 – 0.30 per view.
A YouTuber receives $18 per 1000 ad views, approximately $3 – $5 per 1000 video views.
For many YouTubers, the answer to this question is very little or nothing, while for some, it is a business worth making a living off. The level of exposure and engagement you get determines the income you generate for yourself.

Unfortunately, only a small percentage of YouTube viewers click on ads on YouTube, so the only way to go about it is by integrating these ads into your YouTube videos.

The YouTuber business is competitive, but what is achievable for A can also be achieved by B.

All you need to do is create unique content and build a solid reputation for yourself. It is advised you have a good plan and monetizing strategy for your channel.
As far as the $/view, there is actually a range it could fall depending on some factors and the number i posted would fall in the high range AND before YT takes their cut...https://earthweb.com/how-much-do-yo... 1,approximately $3 – $5 per 1000 video views.

Last edited:
Some pros also earn bonuses based on their placement in big tournaments.

I've heard that the big sponsors pay a percentage of winnings or flat rate.

Never saw proof from an actual sponsored player, but years ago it was said that Innova paid out an extra bonus if the top 3 finishers were all Innova pros.

There are apparently also bonuses for some pros based on getting media coverage on Jomez, GK, etc.

Some pros also earn bonuses based on their placement in big tournaments.

I've heard that the big sponsors pay a percentage of winnings or flat rate.

Never saw proof from an actual sponsored player, but years ago it was said that Innova paid out an extra bonus if the top 3 finishers were all Innova pros.

There are apparently also bonuses for some pros based on getting media coverage on Jomez, GK, etc.

The bolded was definitely true at one point in the 90's. No idea if/when it stopped.

Latest posts