• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Pro Earnings

I had to google that. lol I'm just getting back into disc golf after not playing for 15 years or more. I used to play a lot and grew up playing. I grew up about 10 minutes away from Lincoln ridge which used to be Banklick Woods. Just in the time I have been away, I can't believe how big this sport has grown since then. Its unreal!

Do you have cable? You can watch that on espn on demand... Just scroll to you find The Ocho...

...I love that they spelled it Disk Golf in the preview...:thmbdown:

And if you are ever really bored dig up those threads. Its a goldmine lol.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll check them out. One of the articles that came up on google I thought was an ESPN clip or article but it was titled "Amazing frisbee golf shot" lol

Do you have cable? You can watch that on espn on demand... Just scroll to you find The Ocho...

...I love that they spelled it Disk Golf in the preview...:thmbdown:

And if you are ever really bored dig up those threads. Its a goldmine lol.

Thanks, I'll check them out. One of the articles that came up on google I thought was an ESPN clip or article but it was titled "Amazing frisbee golf shot" lol

you're right. A single major is more money than a lifetime of wins for most pro disc golfers I would imagine? I'd like to think that it has the potential to get really big. Collegiate scholarship big. Then you really would have guys trying to make a living as a touring professional but the money has to get to that point but as long as this sport keeps growing the way it is? Seems like it should? Got to attract the big sponsors and get some of the disc golf companies like INNOVA, to dig a little deeper into their pockets. Now is the time! Might be watching disc golf majors on ESPN in a couple of years??

Disc golfers have been saying this forever and we're really not any closer.
If it gets there great, but it seems unlikely. It's just not a spectator sport. The general public just does not care.

I mean there is SOME progress. Climo in '95 had this killer season. I think he won 24 out of 26 events and finished 2nd in the two events he didn't win. Totally dominated everywhere he went. He ALMOST cleared $20,000 in prize money. :| If 20 years later you can win $70,000, that's progress. In '95 you couldn't make a living wage even if you won everywhere you went.

I mean there is SOME progress. Climo in '95 had this killer season. I think he won 24 out of 26 events and finished 2nd in the two events he didn't win. Totally dominated everywhere he went. He ALMOST cleared $20,000 in prize money. :| If 20 years later you can win $70,000, that's progress. In '95 you couldn't make a living wage even if you won everywhere you went.

That's fair. Point is we're still way closer to 95 disc golf money than 2017 PGA money. In that comparison, we've barely moved the needle.

According to Jussi Meresmaa, prize money isn't the biggest source of income for the top 5 pros of today (probably not that surprising for many of you). That would be merchandise sales and royalties. You do the math :)

Last edited:
Given the winning data shared above - if McBeths comments on a Smashboxx video are accurate (that 5 disc golfers made 6 figs) then pushing those tour series discs, stock stamp sig discs and hitting bonus incentives pays very well for our top pros.

Given the winning data shared above - if McBeths comments on a Smashboxx video are accurate (that 5 disc golfers made 6 figs) then pushing those tour series discs, stock stamp sig discs and hitting bonus incentives pays very well for our top pros.
Plus promotional tours like the McBeast Challenge and Lizotte's Fantasy Doubles in Finland.

i find it hard to believe. but am super happy to hear. hope it doubles every year. I would have guessed paul and ricky for sure cause of all the added bonuses, etc..

but yeah, dude let the beans out..so who else is on the list if it is true.

If McBeth has a good year and KennyC doesn't play much again, he could catch him... theoretically that is...;)

There was a noticeable raise in player earnings this year. Last year 8 players earned 20K or more(including one woman Catrina). Ricky had the most with 59.2k 2nd was paul with 44.0. Nobody else over 30k.

This year there were 14 that made 20k or more(including 2 women Paige and Cat, Sarah hokom was close with 19.3). Rick was top again with 79.2 Paul had 69.4 Paige was 3rd with 41.3 and Sexton made 31.2.

It will be interesting to see what happens with these numbers in 2018...

Are these numbers just tourney winnings, or do they factor in disc signature disc sales and other forms of revenue like conducting clinics and so on??

Just think how much more money Nate made with the commentary, which he makes money on, and of course the thousands of firebirds he sold this year, both the 2017 ones and the USDGC discs. He easily makes another 5-digit amount there.

When pay to play courses become standard, then Disc Golf has arrived. Until then, we are a C ranked sport at best.
I would like to see us on par(pun intended) with sports like volleyball and tennis, but I do not want to see the sport grow to NFL standards

Just think how much more money Nate made with the commentary, which he makes money on, and of course the thousands of firebirds he sold this year, both the 2017 ones and the USDGC discs. He easily makes another 5-digit amount there.[/QUOTE

Does Nate make money off of doing commentary? I guess I just assumed he did it for free.

Latest posts