• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT Tour Championship Moves to Charlottte

I think the thing that the organizers didn't foresee (and I didn't like either) was when a couple players who knew they were advancing to a succeeding round after 15 or 16 holes, were tanking the last hole or two to avoid McBeth in the next round.

who did this other than Gibson?

I say, save the straight-up stroke play for......well, just about everything else.

I liked the fact that they were doing something different, something with a little more excitement, something more intriguing for spectators. I believe that was part of the point: not just build another tour of tournaments, but trying to draw more spectators. I'm not sure the format they used was the right something else, but at least it was a stab.

I agree. As a viewer, I liked it. As a player, I would likely not like it.

It was not that long ago I made post about it being crazy that Charlotte had not had a major pro event in some time. I'm super pumped about this move.

Charlotte needs one big event as they have one of the biggest Disc Golf clubs in the USA, from what numbers are being told on DGCR Forums.

Charlotte needs one big event as they have one of the biggest Disc Golf clubs in the USA, from what numbers are being told on DGCR Forums.

They've had Worlds twice in the past 7 years, and the USDGC is pretty much in their suburb (lots of Charlotte people involved).

They've had Worlds twice in the past 7 years, and the USDGC is pretty much in their suburb (lots of Charlotte people involved).

Yeah but in Charlotte, they have only had worlds, they could have used another event then give worlds to another place. USDGC is the same place every year and does not change from event to event. If that is all that the Move does is put the Pro Tour Championships at USDGC course then I will be very disappointed as Paul has built a game around that course to the point he has the best chance when healthy to win on that course with such a lead that nobody else can catch up to him. I mean Paul McBeth can do this on any course but Paul will do this easiest on the Rock Hill Course, having built his style of game for that specific course.

If that is all that the Move does is put the Pro Tour Championships at USDGC course

At no point has this even been hinted at. All he said was that Rock Hill is close to Charlotte.

And to say Paul will "do this easiest on the Rock Hill course" is a bit silly. As dominate as he has been the last 8 seasons, he has "only" won USDGC twice.

I mentioned the USDGC in reply to the post that Charlotte "needs one big event", in demonstration of what the efforts the Charlotte area already makes. They probably host more big events than anywhere else---owing to the USDGC being planted (just outside) there. Plus 2 more majors in 7 years---not just any majors, but world championships---and 2 A-tiers every year. That's a pretty good load for any club or location. I'm not surprised they're not on the NT or DGPT tours.

I mentioned the USDGC in reply to the post that Charlotte "needs one big event", in demonstration of what the efforts the Charlotte area already makes. They probably host more big events than anywhere else---owing to the USDGC being planted (just outside) there. Plus 2 more majors in 7 years---not just any majors, but world championships---and 2 A-tiers every year. That's a pretty good load for any club or location. I'm not surprised they're not on the NT or DGPT tours.

Yes, you said this last time. Nobody is arguing otherwise. Most fans follow the MPO tour. Charlotte is a mecca and it has not been a "tour stop" every year. That's all. Next time I mention this I will make sure to preface it with how awesome the Charlotte club is and how many events they run. ;)

3 majors, need to include the 2015 Selinske

The new Hornet's Nest Gold layout is pretty much set. Its just smething thrown together to help with flow for right now.

Follow the signs also posted.

Check out the map on hole 1 or here:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Nest Gold Map.jpg
    Nest Gold Map.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Nest Gold Map1.jpg
    Nest Gold Map1.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 70787725_2779325542080053_4502072263985594368_n.jpg
    70787725_2779325542080053_4502072263985594368_n.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 154
New tee on 18 @495ft
New tee (will be called gold 13) left of gap on original 14.

If we get the event in 2020 then we are looking at a Nest gold about 1000 ft longer and 4-5 strokes higher.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 18 tee.jpg
    18 tee.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 70654519_10214796584336729_8289733149856890880_n.jpg
    70654519_10214796584336729_8289733149856890880_n.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 159
The new Hornet's Nest Gold layout is pretty much set. Its just smething thrown together to help with flow for right now.

Follow the signs also posted.

Check out the map on hole 1 or here:

Dang that like really different from last year.

Do you ever stop working on courses?

The change look awesome.

New tee on 18 @495ft
New tee (will be called gold 13) left of gap on original 14.

If we get the event in 2020 then we are looking at a Nest gold about 1000 ft longer and 4-5 strokes higher.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks great! You guys are moving fast, thanks for sharing! :clap:

Kind of surprised you're not using the long tee on #4, but looks like the different basket for #3 might be in the way.
Disappointed #14 won't be in its normal layout, that would be fun to watch the Pros attack.
Excited to see a new Guantlet on #15. :thmbup:

Couple of questions:
Will #16 still have the two gaps to choose from?
Anything added to #18 besides distance? It looks like a pretty wide open finishing hole.