• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ranking wins (DGPT championship)

txmxer

* Ace Member *
I think people generally see wins as Worlds>Other Majors>elite

But, the difference is much more narrow today than in the past due to more players touring. Each event is pretty stacked.

That said, where does the DGPT championship fall?

the format change could weigh in, but I'm not thinking about that too much. If anyone thinks it's a significant factor, feel free to pontificate.

Due to the title alone and the pressure with such a title I'd say it ranks above Elite, but still just a fraction behind a major.

Should it? All the top healthy players are in the mix. It's definitely a challenging course.

We've discussed Worlds vs USDGC, and I think 5 rounds to 4 plus the title address that even if a title is somewhat superficial.

I think Champions cup is just as much or more of a challenge than this event and there is less bias (no bonus strokes). I suppose if a player from the lower ranks wins, they have overcome a greater margin/challenge.

As long as they're giving throws off to players based on past performance it's just reindeer games.

I don't see it as worth much. The tournament is a 'reverse handicap' tournament where the better you are the more advantage you get. DPGT is doing its best to make sure there are no surprise, come from behind, winners.

I don't see it as worth much. The tournament is a 'reverse handicap' tournament where the better you are the more advantage you get. DPGT is doing its best to make sure there are no surprise, come from behind, winners.
Can't say dark horse since that is now Bro-d. I guess everyone loves an underdog.

But these "playoffs" type end of season events have become popular in other sports as well. Several racing sports have adopted the playoff concept with similar advantages.

I'm not a fan of such an advantage.

But, it usually means big payouts for the players.

Latest posts