• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT All-Star Weekend 2021

Yeah, can't really disagree with this.

Short 200' hole Climo gets a 3 on. It pisses him off and he tells me (because I was the whole gallery) that the next hole is going to pay for it.

He hit the basket with his drive on the next hole.
I remember when two people was big gallery...

Just having fun with you Jerry. :p
You were into this game long before I ever used the words "golf" and "disc" in the same sentence.

Rick Rothstein (spl chk) told me once at a Worlds Climo was on like the 3rd card with half the rounds played. Rick walked passed Climo's room and the door was open so he asked Ken what was wrong.
Climo replied, "Now it's time for Climo golf".

He won that Worlds also.

Rick Rothstein (spl chk) told me once at a Worlds Climo was on like the 3rd card with half the rounds played. Rick walked passed Climo's room and the door was open so he asked Ken what was wrong.
Climo replied, "Now it's time for Climo golf".

He won that Worlds also.

Climo had that Jordan factor - that all he needed was a little motivation and it was over.

It's funny to me that they kick off the 2021 DGPT season with an oddball format event, and a small invite-only field based on 2020 tour points.

-- Because --

The finale of the 2020 DGPT (the Tour Championship) was also an oddball format event, and also had a small invite-only field based on ... yes ... 2020 tour points.

It seems to be retreading some very familiar territory. Stick with what you know, I guess?

Imho, ymmv, etc.

I was really hoping that the live coverage would be improved - especially for what seemed to be a "Made for DGN" event. It was not much better than last year. There are so many little things that could help us as viewers. I still have hope that we will see improvements sooner than later.

Saturday the final hole tough shot Ricky first parked the hole and Kevin sailed his forehand out to the sea. Pretty much a re-tee since it was over OB the whole time. Rickys shot comes in wide right, takes a skip, hits a person standing right on the OB line and stays inbounds.

Kevins second shot was even worse IIRC. They would have taken even bigger number if not for a person who cannot evade a disc coming straight at them. -_-

Yesterday was more entertaining, but still lacking. Paul and Calvin were on fire. Look out people in Vegas.

Eagle and CDick were shooting pretty well too but not quite the same level as those two.

James was turning over a lot of his distance driver shots. (Except for that one amazing 550 park job flex shot) I see his decline steepening this year if he doesnt dial them in quickly.

GG and Catrina still cant putt to save their lives.

Ricky and Kevin I dont know whats up with them.

Edit: was there a prize? Never found out about that anywhere, nor did i hear it on air. Cant imagine those players there just for the fun of it, and a made up title.

lolol at mvp being flippy

sounds about right

McBeth is the best player of all time.
Climo is the most dominate.

There's a difference.

Paul still has a way to go. He's got this entire decade to prove that he can still compete at the highest level with players that are increasingly bigger, stronger, younger and throw farther than him.

Kenny already did that and accomplished that. Won 3 Open world titles, 5 USDGC titles and a whole bunch of NTs/majors all during the 2nd half of his career. We'll see how Paul does. And nothing is certain. If Paul can play 1050 golf for the next decade and win a handful of majors then definitely you can make the case for him and I might even agree with you. Until then, he's number 2. He's had half of a career. No way does he get catapulted into the number 1 spot based on that.

Last edited:
Paul still has a way to go. He's got this entire decade to prove that he can still compete at the highest level with players that are increasingly bigger, stronger, younger and throw farther than him.

Kenny already did that and accomplished that. Won 3 Open world titles, 5 USDGC titles and a whole bunch of NTs/majors all during the 2nd half of his career. We'll see how Paul does. And nothing is certain. If Paul can play 1050 golf for the next decade and win a handful of majors then definitely you can make the case for him and I might even agree with you. Until then, he's number 2. He's had half of a career. No way does he get catapulted into the number 1 spot based on that.

You are using results to judge who is better. That's not a representation of who was better rather who was more dominate. The two things are loosely related but not the same thing.

Even KC himself has said Paul is a better player than he was.

You are using results to judge who is better. That's not a representation of who was better rather who was more dominate. The two things are loosely related but not the same thing.

Even KC himself has said Paul is a better player than he was.

So results and accomplishments don't matter and we are judging purely based on disc golf skills? Then by that metric Eagle McMahon is better than both of them.

Better backhand, better forehand, better putter, roller, and pretty much every skill shot that you can account for

So results and accomplishments don't matter and we are judging purely based on disc golf skills? Then by that metric Eagle McMahon is better than both of them.

Better backhand, better forehand, better putter, roller, and pretty much every skill shot that you can account for

Missing the point.

My point is I'm 955ish. Far from a top / elite player, but have decent skills. If my area has nothing by 800 rated players, I'm going to win left and right. That doesn't mean I'm the best player in the world.

Comparing players within the same era is easy - look at how they play against each other. You can't compare different eras quite as easily.

Latest posts