• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: Waco Annual Charity Open 13-Mar to 15-Mar-2020

Insane score separation for a two round tournament!! Colten beats the two "superstars" in the Discmania team with 10 and 14 throws!!
Ricky is 15 back. . over just TWO rounds

Paige P is 14 behind the leader. . just wow

Nice to see a dubble win for Finland, but i guess they have to go home now and might not be back for a long time. . will they even play Worlds?

Very ODD Final round for the MPO lead card. . the four leaders ended up 2nd, 19th, 29th and 14th. .

And where did Colten find that F9?!?
he was:
32nd at the Wintertime Open
14th at the Las Vegas Challenge
43th at The Memorial Championship

And he was 27nd last year at WACO and 89th at Worlds

Very ODD Final round for the MPO lead card. . the four leaders ended up 2nd, 19th, 29th and 14th. .

And where did Colten find that F9?!?
he was:
32nd at the Wintertime Open
14th at the Las Vegas Challenge
43th at The Memorial Championship

And he was 27nd last year at WACO and 89th at Worlds
Just kinda thinking out loud but I would hazard to say he was more aggressive on that F9 than others were--two eagles don't happen on that course by playing for birdies...oh, and the drives were well executed. His drive on 18 was simply a thing of beauty. Still had to execute it. Took guts into that wind, and he probably was thinking he doesn't want to be in a playoff with Paul.

Also, I think the overall talent level at the top of the tour is smaller than ratings might suggest, meaning someone, on any particular day, has the talent to pull something like this off--just a question of who...It goes the other way too, look at some of the top names who had a rough round and/or tournament.

Hole 18's placement was a great risk/reward decision. Many pros rated higher than Colten went safe left, but even that shot leaves one a tricky par given how close basket was to the waterline.

Congrats to him! He took some nice risks and was well-rewarded!

Henna played that hole 9 to perfection . . Henna and Greg was the only players inte field to birdy that hole both rounds!!

Congratulations to the 2020 WACO champion, Colten Montgomery.

iu

Loved the under card coverage from Par Save Productions. They show the stroke count for each player, before they throw their shot, at the top of the screen.
I wish CCDG and Jomez would do this.
Paige and Nate did a good job with the coverage, maybe one notch below Big Sexy, but that's a pretty high bar.

Latest posts