• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2022 WACO Charity Open Mar 11-13

There is full round coverage of a challenge he had against MP50 World Champion Ron Conversa a couple years ago. Google: Stokely vs Convers Grudge Match

My response was to a question about why there isn't coverage of him at Waco. There's no current coverage of him playing and that is what people are looking for.

Kona is back at it, posting a video of she'll "play" a hole at Belton. She'll probably play it completely different citing some sort of excuse of her bag not being ready, or not putting it all together. We'll see if she can put together a halfway decent round in the coming months. But as previously said here, Catrina isn't struggling with a new bag, her teammate who won last week isn't struggling with a new bag. I think she tries wayyyyy too hard. She gets in her head, and I think if she just went out and played, instead of worried about what she'll look like on camera (not that she's been on a lead card lately), she would be just fine.

So, if you had to put money on either Kona or Evelina in a putting competition, who would you bet on?

(In a related note, Evelina reminds me a lot of Cat from a few years ago.)

The thing I will remember most about WACO is the upshot on 17 by Valerie Mandujano. Tuned in a little early to catch the MPO and wached the end of the WPO and saw the shot in real time. Best throw I've seen in a long time by a man or woman.

The thing I will remember most about WACO is the upshot on 17 by Valerie Mandujano. Tuned in a little early to catch the MPO and wached the end of the WPO and saw the shot in real time. Best throw I've seen in a long time by a man or woman.

That really is a great hole, that comes at great point in the round. It's a tough, but gettable birdie, with plenty of potential for bogey (or worse).

It always seems to be a difference maker.

I watched this live on DGN on Sunday, what an amazing shot by Valerie. The ladies showed such a high level of play this weekend.

I rewatched it last night on Jomez, and was struck at how different the commentary is from the men's side. I personally like both Madison and Erica but I don't think their messaging is best for people to take women's golf seriously. Two Hot Geese? OK it was kinda funny at first when their names where shown next to actual geese. It seems like such a contrast to see that when shot's like Valerie's are being shown. And the fact that they giggle every time they make a comment about one of the players is off putting. Maybe they could use a little coaching now that viewership numbers are climbing.

I find myself turning the sound down and just watching the post production video. Dunno, maybe it is just me though.

Another tough outing for Kona. So far in 2022 she's finished 13th, 29th, 33rd, and t-18th. She has not cashed in 4 events. She got that big contract, so she's fine. I wonder if DD is having a little buyer's remorse?

My response was to a question about why there isn't coverage of him at Waco. There's no current coverage of him playing and that is what people are looking for.

Oh, really??

If that's what "the people" want, then all "the people" have gotta do is send in enough messages to the DGPT and voila'! guess what -- he'll be on first round feature card. But my guess is that "the people" don't want to see him so badly as to displace someone else from a feature. Who knows? we might get lucky on a round 1 where he just happens to be in the group that is being filmed -- on those where 3 or 4 men's cards are filmed.

In the mean time try this classic on for size:

Last edited:
Another tough outing for Kona. So far in 2022 she's finished 13th, 29th, 33rd, and t-18th. She has not cashed in 4 events. She got that big contract, so she's fine. I wonder if DD is having a little buyer's remorse?

I wonder how many of the players in FPO that are "pro" players that make their living from discgolf?
I guess a few of the players ahead of Kona in those tournaments do not have a fixed salary at all.
I wonder how long Valerie will stay at DD if they keep paying Kona alot more than she gets. . and ske keeps beating Kona by +10 throws, , ,and is on filmed cards more than Kona.

I wonder how many of the players in FPO that are "pro" players that make their living from discgolf?
I guess a few of the players ahead of Kona in those tournaments do not have a fixed salary at all.
I wonder how long Valerie will stay at DD if they keep paying Kona alot more than she gets. . and ske keeps beating Kona by +10 throws, , ,and is on filmed cards more than Kona.

If it were me i would be looking to renegotiate at the end of the year if the current trend stays on path.

know your worth and right now you got to strike the iron while its hot.

For all the brouhaha about Kona's social media, I certainly do see that Valerie/Mason DD ad A LOT.

Just checked again this morning, and Valerie is still absent from their Team page on their website.

Oh, really??

If that's what "the people" want, then all "the people" have gotta do is send in enough messages to the DGPT and voila'! guess what -- he'll be on first round feature card. But my guess is that "the people" don't want to see him so badly as to displace someone else from a feature. Who knows? we might get lucky on a round 1 where he just happens to be in the group that is being filmed -- on those where 3 or 4 men's cards are filmed.

In the mean time try this classic on for size:

You quoted me without the context to what I was replying to. I referred to all the people that were asking for video of Stokely playing in this thread. The poster I quoted said that if people wanted to see video of him playing, it existed. My response was that the video was old and all the people were wanting current video of him in a tournament.

Except on the home page which has two discs with Val's name in it for winning Waco. So there is that.

I do find this ironic. . . Kona got a helicopter ride and a welcome video and she got the highest team and big paycheck. .

Valerie did not even make the team page. . . but she have a win and a 2nd place for DD . .

I do find this ironic. . . Kona got a helicopter ride and a welcome video and she got the highest team and big paycheck. .

Valerie did not even make the team page. . . but she have a win and a 2nd place for DD . .

man did kona say a mean joke about your mom or something?
she seems to really have gotten to ya lately

Latest posts