• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2022 PIAS Jonesboro Open Apr 22-24

Tattar averages a 1.9th finish in all her tournaments? Granted, most of those are Euro, but dang. Nice win.

This time Calvin played steady while all the other contenders missed a shot or two. Nice role reversal and win. Curious if Innova will pay to keep him next year?

Is the drop zone needed? Seems like eliminating the drop zone in lieu of normal OB rules could entice players to go for the green more. I've never played there but it seems like they could remove the OB in the left woods as well. This may entice players to try pipe one down the middle more as well, as a kick left wouldn't automatically be OB anymore.

One reason for the DZ is to eliminate the need to determine whether the disc got across into in-bounds and bounced back OB. Which would often be practically impossible from the tee.

Two suggested design improvements on 5 would be for the drop zone to be closer to the basket so there's a better chance some players can save a 3 with a long putt, and to add logs near the OB line on the low side of the basket to counter fluky roll-aways.

Logs to block rollaways would help a lot. I was just waiting for the trash can advertising to decide a tournament and it did.

They would be better off putting advertising on top of the basket then underneath it. A lot more shots come in low and are likely to deflect off the trash can then above it. I would say a larger flag could be a good design to provide a sponsor spot, be cleaner/professional and not cause someone to lose the event.

The koozies save as many shots as they punish. Just another aspect of the course to manage.

I still don't get it. But here is a hypothetical. If Kona were to in the next four years win 1 FPO Worlds and 1 USWDGC, and play like the beginning of this year in most every other big event, would that be enough for you guys??? JUst trying to gauge your mark.

Seriously? That's it??? What was Kona supposed to do, turn the offer down? Say, that's too much? Really?? People don't get that nearly every contract a player gets (in any sport) is based upon what you HAVE DONE (in the past), not what you are going to do in the future. That is a fact. Sure ownership *hopes* the performance continues, but they know upfront it might not.

There is a contention to be made that it is Kristin who is OUT-PERFORMING her contract and should make even more, not the other way around. No lower than third place in every event she's played? Hmmmm, I'd say Kristin is #1 imho based upon what I'm watching .

That being said, if a company (any company) expected a 945 player to "get paid and become 970-980," then they are fooling themselves. Personally I think Rusco is smarter than to expect that, but it sounds like what you guys are saying.

Here's a thought. What if the Dynamic Discs leadership is actually satisfied that what's out there on social media currently is good enough? I mean what if they are happy????

I'd love to see Kona do well. Hopefully Val M is able to renegotiate at some point. She is having a break out season.

Anyone know what the cash line was? Sexton streak looks like it is in jeopardy, just as he inherited the title for longest active.

Also, it looks like Cat Allen has passed Val for longest active FPO streak as of the Champion's Cup.

The streak is still alive, T43 earned him $330. Even had 1 shot to spare.
The cash line was -8.

The koozies save as many shots as they punish. Just another aspect of the course to manage.

I don't think so. They are larger and more springy then the metal pole. So more shots are going to deflect and have a chance to roll. I would give McBeths shot very little chance of rolling after hitting the pole. The trash can made it bounce and roll IMO.

How exactly is the Koozie going to save a shot? The only time would be the basket would have to be on a mound and the shot is sailing at high speed under the basket. Otherwise it's just another deflector to cause roll aways.

I agree this is close to ideal for the drive and approaches; I'm not sure it works as well once someone has crossed the OB/RA ditch and is putting. I think it works better than the current setup, as it gives a player a chance to recover from their shot. But I think it might not be ideal. Think about McBeth's shot yesterday or a long putt that rolls OB/RA.
Not sure why the RA.DZ proposal wouldn't work as well after crossing the ditch OB/RA? In the case of McBeth's tee shot, he would go to the DZ shooting his second instead of third. And on a long putt that rolls/flies RA, the player throws again from the same spot with a score just one higher under RA.DZ rules, not two higher under OB rules.

Note: To use the proposed RA.DZ rule requires the same waiver Jonesboro presumably was granted for hole 5 and a few other holes, i.e., forcing players to play from the DZ or rethrow and not allowing them to play from last point inbounds.

Tattar averages a 1.9th finish in all her tournaments? Granted, most of those are Euro, but dang. Nice win.

Yes, most in Europe, but still pretty decent. I believe she had played 129 (or close to it) FPO tournaments in total, averaged 1.9, won 66 and have a 5th place as her worst finish ever since starting playing FPO (If I remember Terry (?) correctly from the broadcast). Pretty solid.

In 2021, she finished 5th at 2021 World's, that was the 1st event of her "2021 US Tour". Relative to what she showed us later in the year, I got the impression she hadn't fully settled into a routine yet.

I could be wrong, but I think she'd have done better had she played a few more events stateside, prior to playing Worlds. I'll be surprised if she doesn't finish top 3 in this years World's. She knows she's capable of winning it, and so does everyone she's competing against.

If you look att Kristins stats it´s mostly place 1-3 . . her worse tournaments are all Worlds!
She was 8th in 2018. . 6th 2019...5th 2021

Other than Worlds she has only have three tournaments out of top 2 in 2021-2022 . . and in those three she was not 1 or 2. . .she was in 3rd place.

So she is SOOO stable. . . many other FPO players are all over the leaderboard

In 2021, she finished 5th at 2021 World's, that was the 1st event of her "2021 US Tour". Relative to what she showed us later in the year, I got the impression she hadn't fully settled into a routine yet.

I could be wrong, but I think she'd have done better had she played a few more events stateside, prior to playing Worlds. I'll be surprised if she doesn't finish top 3 in this years World's. She knows she's capable of winning it, and so does everyone she's competing against.

I DO think she had plan to get to the US long before Worlds last year but got "stuck" due to Covid rules.

If you look att Kristins stats it´s mostly place 1-3 . . her worse tournaments are all Worlds!
She was 8th in 2018. . 6th 2019...5th 2021

Other than Worlds she has only have three tournaments out of top 2 in 2021-2022 . . and in those three she was not 1 or 2. . .she was in 3rd place.

So she is SOOO stable. . . many other FPO players are all over the leaderboard
If Kristin can win Worlds, I believe she would be the first mother to win FPO Worlds. Older mothers have won Master and older World titles and several FPO Champs have become mothers after winning their title(s).

If Kristin can win Worlds, I believe she would be the first mother to win FPO Worlds. Older mothers have won Master and older World titles and several FPO Champs have become mothers after winning their title(s).

KT might be a special case Chuck. Her first PDGA rating was 7/28/2015 and her daughter is 9. Did she even play before giving birth?

Don't want to roll off the advertising thingy? Don't hit the advertising thingy.

Clearly the upside down, empty garbage cans have a different affect than the metal sided, raised baskets as we saw McBeth hit both on drives in the same round.

Latest posts