• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2022 PIAS Jonesboro Open Apr 22-24

Sorry about opening this can of worms, but...

Did I hear the announcers say that someone gave a Buhr a time warning? I wonder who and how he took it. Of course, I don't think it's his first time being warned.

I was watching that putt. It was a well deserved warning. He was trying to wait for a lull in the wood to throw a 15' putt.

I saw one where he was doing that for sure.

I didn't check if Nikko was playing. If so, I wonder how slow he was moving.

I saw one where he was doing that for sure.

I didn't check if Nikko was playing. If so, I wonder how slow he was moving.

If they were on the same card, it would finish as a glow round. Burr is slow on EVERY throw. I hate to be critical of a 16 yr old, but he's pushing it every time he's on camera.

If they were on the same card, it would finish as a glow round. Burr is slow on EVERY throw. I hate to be critical of a 16 yr old, but he's pushing it every throw he's on camera.

FTFY. Can we just cut it down to 25 sec or less please?

If true, it is interesting that the youngster seems to have had as many time warnings in 4 events as Nikko has had in the last couple years--at least from what has been discussed here. Seems a little selective enforcement to me. I watched some coverage of Nikko in a recent event and he is just as slow on putts as he has ever been. Maybe the youngster needs to learn to throw better fits...

If true, it is interesting that the youngster seems to have had as many time warnings in 4 events as Nikko has had in the last couple years--at least from what has been discussed here. Seems a little selective enforcement to me. I watched some coverage of Nikko in a recent event and he is just as slow on putts as he has ever been. Maybe the youngster needs to learn to throw better fits...

I think video coverage—particularly live coverage is drawing a lot more attention to this. If you are producing live coverage, you notice what is being said on social media (here, Facebook, Twitter, etc). Whatever effects live coverage is going to filter overcome to TDs.

Nobody pays attention if a baseball game is 4 hours. If it's on TV, it gets a lot of attention.

Like others said. Nikko freezes on the putting green. Buhr has to have a 29 second routine for every shot, even the most routine stock hyzer drives and approach shot.

Insane round, as far as i can see no one else in the field did a double digit round.

He was SO close to get to the lead card from +70th place.!

Calvin and Paul were closest yesterday at 9 down, and Calvin missed 3 putts.

It should be a fun lead card to watch today, and the top 10 are bunched pretty tight. It will be interesting to see how much the weather factors into the mix.

It was really windy so a lot of players were taking more time and second guessing their shots but Buhr does it all the time in any condition. It's like he can't make a final decision until he knows for sure he's taking too much time.

His routine is like: walk to the front of the tee or even further, squeeze the chalk bag to check the wind, make a couple of fake swings to aim and check the angle he wants to throw, walk to the back of the tee, make some more fake swings, wind check again with the chalk bag, get some chalk on his hand and disc, throw the bag on the ground, fake swings, hesitation; do I have the right disc, maybe, no, yes, fake swing, grab the chalk bag a little, sometimes he starts his run up but stop, do I need some chalk again, fake swing, hey I'm taking too long, I must throw...

Last edited:
Sorry about opening this can of worms, but...

Did I hear the announcers say that someone gave a Buhr a time warning? I wonder who and how he took it. Of course, I don't think it's his first time being warned.

I'll bet a lot of money it was one of the TDs or marshals who issued the warning. Jeff Spring has been really conscientious of this issue this year.

I have been open about my opinion that the new rule change might not change US (players) when it comes to excessive time warnings, it did empower TDs and I specifically felt that Jeff Spring of DGPT does not want to allow his product's watch-ability to be denigrated my a bunch of slow-play.

TaterTot has been hammer down all weekend. Great to see her get one back after the finish at the CUP.

I don't know if the numbers are that much better, but watching FPO this year seems a like it's more competitive than last year.

EDIT: looks like KT may just finish out 3 rounds at 1000+ rating.

TaterTot has been hammer down all weekend. Great to see her get one back after the finish at the CUP.

I don't know if the numbers are that much better, but watching FPO this year seems a like it's more competitive than last year.

EDIT: looks like KT may just finish out 3 rounds at 1000+ rating.

I DO think FPO has got more competitive, many "big names " having a hard time to even get in the top 10. . and many new names IN the top 10

Another strong showing for Kona. Outside of the top 15 and 23 strokes behind the winner. Don't worry, tune in to her social media where she addresses her putting struggles again.

I think most people have no idea how many warnings are or aren't given out at tournaments.

Gatekeeper would greatly benefit from a second commentater on their chase card coverage. not knocking Dustin Mouret but sometimes a "second opinion" would would add balance and keep a little of the pressure off to "fill the void".
could always be just me tho. ��