• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2022 PIAS Jonesboro Open Apr 22-24

Not sure why the RA.DZ proposal wouldn't work as well after crossing the ditch OB/RA? In the case of McBeth's tee shot, he would go to the DZ shooting his second instead of third. And on a long putt that rolls/flies RA, the player throws again from the same spot with a score just one higher under RA.DZ rules, not two higher under OB rules.

I'm not quite sure. I think it's definitely better than the current setup, but there still seems to be something off with it. Maybe I'm missing something though. I need to think through it more.

Not sure why the RA.DZ proposal wouldn't work as well after crossing the ditch OB/RA? In the case of McBeth's tee shot, he would go to the DZ shooting his second instead of third. And on a long putt that rolls/flies RA, the player throws again from the same spot with a score just one higher under RA.DZ rules, not two higher under OB rules.

As I said, I think your idea is good. You're also far more experienced than I am at designing holes. I simply wonder if it can be better. I wonder if two separate DZs would improve your idea even more. One DZ for players who have yet to establish a lie past the RA ditch, and another for players who have established a lie past it. It's the same idea you're thinking about, but adding another version for the putting area. I'm not certain that it improves the hole, as I think the second DZ would be rarely used. But if someone like Anthony Barela blows 50' long, then skips off the top of the basket into the RA, I'd want him to have a putt from a 35' drop zone or something like that.

Maybe my hesitation is that I don't like the idea of OB/RA/Hazard around putting areas. I want players to have to play the lie they ended up with, not have some line (artificial or natural) that designates "oh you went past this line, so here's another set of rules to follow." I like the RA rules a lot better than the OB/Hazard rules, but I don't like the RA rules around the putting area.

And when someone thinking critically about what I said asks "would you rather someone be able to putt from their lie in the pond?" know that the answer is "yes, 100%". It's not always safe, but it would add some funny moments to the game, and force players to account for one more thing when running putts. It's a different kind of penalty to play with wet socks for the rest of the round, to make sure your toes don't go numb in near-freezing water, or to account for the mud between your toes during your run-up than it is to simply have a stroke added to your score.

The way to tweak the RA.DZ would be to include last point inbounds as a marking option on shots that go R.A. on a player's second and later throws, not drives.

Are the "koozies" made or different material or are they also as ricochet inducing as these trash cans?

Aren't the koozies padded? Besides several spit outs, I thought Paul was a little slighted by the trash can roll OB. It certainly happens with those pyramid risers too. Maybe instead of a trash cans, DGPT should use mini pyramid risers.

I still don't get it. But here is a hypothetical. If Kona were to in the next four years win 1 FPO Worlds and 1 USWDGC, and play like the beginning of this year in most every other big event, would that be enough for you guys??? JUst trying to gauge your mark.

Seriously? That's it??? What was Kona supposed to do, turn the offer down? Say, that's too much? Really?? People don't get that nearly every contract a player gets (in any sport) is based upon what you HAVE DONE (in the past), not what you are going to do in the future. That is a fact. Sure ownership *hopes* the performance continues, but they know upfront it might not.

There is a contention to be made that it is Kristin who is OUT-PERFORMING her contract and should make even more, not the other way around. No lower than third place in every event she's played? Hmmmm, I'd say Kristin is #1 imho based upon what I'm watching .

That being said, if a company (any company) expected a 945 player to "get paid and become 970-980," then they are fooling themselves. Personally I think Rusco is smarter than to expect that, but it sounds like what you guys are saying.

Here's a thought. What if the Dynamic Discs leadership is actually satisfied that what's out there on social media currently is good enough? I mean what if they are happy????

Somebody is in his/her/they (sorry, I don't want to use the wrong pronouns) feelings about this. My opinion is that she is overrated, and now vastly overrated, for her contract. DD obviously didn't pay her to win because she's never consistently in the top 10, barely top 15. In your scenario, if she wins Worlds and some more majors then she would be playing to her contract. Being consistently 15-25 strokes behind 1st place is rough. And she always has something to blame with her putting or her bag or whatever.

In 2022 Kona might not even make top 3 in the DD FPO team just looking at results. .. But DD must see her as their top FPO player. .and i DO hope she will be.

Must be wierd for a player like Holyn Handley, shes in a much lower DD team than Kona. .but she have only lost to Kona once in 2022.

But Konas contract must help other FPO players to get a bigger better contract. . .its hard for a new player to ask to get paid as much as Paige. . but we have a few young players that have placed well in 2022, i think many of them will talk about Konas contract with their sponsor.

What an awesome final round to watch! I was genuinely conflicted on which player I wanted to pull it out, as I root for all 4 of them for different reasons. Happy for Vinny that he took it down. Been so close recently...

Yeah, great watch. That whole lead card put on a heck of a show on the final 9.

Amazing to see McBeth battle back to force the playoff after some of those bad breaks he got during the final round. I know it's a part of the game, and it happens to everyone sometime. Not sure anyone handles the adversity quite that well.

That having been said, Calvin earned it 100%. Happy for him.

Not to pile on Kona, but for someone with this impressive social media game, I rarely see any content from her and she's nowhere on the level of someone like Simon when it comes to YouTube.

I assume you have the same attitude towards all of the BBQ talk in the "Pros switching sponsors" threads?

It's humor vs "hater" talk.

It's very negative towards one specific player. The narrative doesn't change.

Since it absolutely is DG relevant, there's no reason you or others shouldn't talk about it. OTOH, how relevant is it to this event specifically ? Having its own thread would be appreciated IMO.

What is the favored BBQ in Arkansas? Whole wild hog?

It's strange thought. I grew up in central Arkansas (Conway) and BBQ was not a big thing at that time to the best of my recollection. I can't recall a single BBQ place there—i moved away around '88. I'm sure there were some, just not a big thing like it is today.

I'm sure it is today since it's been popularized everywhere.

Performance Tracks
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• JB22FPO.png
    JB22FPO.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 129
  • JB22MPO.png
    JB22MPO.png
    114.2 KB · Views: 129
Performance Tracks
attachment.php

attachment.php
i don't know if you intentionally highlighted simon, but that black line sticks out on the mpo graph; maybe because it's not all up in the mix until the end.

Somebody is in his/her/they (sorry, I don't want to use the wrong pronouns) feelings about this. My opinion is that she is overrated, and now vastly overrated, for her contract. DD obviously didn't pay her to win because she's never consistently in the top 10, barely top 15. In your scenario, if she wins Worlds and some more majors then she would be playing to her contract. Being consistently 15-25 strokes behind 1st place is rough. And she always has something to blame with her putting or her bag or whatever.

If you agreed that she still has an opportunity those expectations for her 4-year deal, then let's give it 4 years, THEN we can better assess whether she is/was overpaid or not. Or rather, Dynamic Discs can -- they are the ones paying the money. We all just use and internet thread as our personal radio commentary.

Can someone who cares just create a "Is Kona overpaid" thread? Takes so much out of these other threads...

I created an "overpaid?" in general thread.

Latest posts