• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2022 WACO Charity Open Mar 11-13

I wonder how many of the players in FPO that are "pro" players that make their living from discgolf?
I guess a few of the players ahead of Kona in those tournaments do not have a fixed salary at all.
I wonder how long Valerie will stay at DD if they keep paying Kona alot more than she gets. . and ske keeps beating Kona by +10 throws, , ,and is on filmed cards more than Kona.

If I were Valerie, I wouldn't be pissed at all. Kinda like when the Jacksonville Jaguars gave Christian Kirk 4years at $18MM per. Devante Adams and Tyreek Hill were thinking hmmm, then I'm gonna get this much and this much, respectively. In fact, right now she's probably wishing Kona had gotten even more.

If I were Valerie, I wouldn't be pissed at all. Kinda like when the Jacksonville Jaguars gave Christian Kirk 4years at $18MM per. Devante Adams and Tyreek Hill were thinking hmmm, then I'm gonna get this much and this much, respectively. In fact, right now she's probably wishing Kona had gotten even more.

But but gotta bash Kona for getting a great contract and underperforming (for now at least).

Valerie is now up on DD team page on the "Supreme Team" i think this is a higher team than ske first got. . .so maybe she got a better contract?

But but gotta bash Kona for getting a great contract and underperforming (for now at least).

I disagree. In all sports, players get deals for what they HAVE DONE (in the past), not what they're GONNA DO (in the future). It's a universal truth in the player/organization relationship & negotiation. It is FANS who expect players to perform after they sign a big contract. Think about it; organizations never say to a player, "hey you've over-performed your contract by $4million this year, so we're just gonna cut you a check for that." No. It's always "we'll get you on the next contract."

Plus, who bashes a player for getting every penny they can? It's not Christian Kirk's fault that Jacksonville felt that a solid #2 receiver who's never been to a pro bowl is offered $18million per. What he supposed to do, say no I don't deserve it.? What was Kona supposed to do with that offer? Or do you just say we still gotta bash both CK & Kona? And anyone else who people feel got "overpaid." [Jump to new thread, is there such a thing as "overpaid" in disc golf yet?] Add to the fact we are currently just 3 or 4 tournaments into a 4-year deal. I'd say let's let it play out before deciding. The LA Rams mortgaged the franchise's entire future on a QB people questioned being worth both the money plus every 1st round draft pick over the next three years. Now, even if the Rams totally suck for the next three, with little prospect of improving through the draft, most LAR fans will still say it was worth it.

I very much agree. I've been watching Disc golf for a while now, and McBeth is so rarely out of the mix. Wysocki is also in the mix, but it's common for him to be on the third or fourth card in the final round. McBeth so commonly seems to have a chance to win heading into the final round.

Through two tournaments, Paul looks like his 2015 self. He's focused, his throws look good, and his putts look good. He's averaging 1079 through six rounds, and that would be higher if he hadn't played Waco's 17 and 18 ridiculously safe (which was wise with his lead). But what makes me think he looks like 2015 is that he looks relaxed doing everything. Nothing seems difficult, and in-between his throws he's talking about non-DG stuff, with a grin on his face.

I'm not saying we see a repeat of 2015. All offseason the talk has been how much better the field has gotten, and it's true. But his closest competitors all seem off, and he seems on. Eagle is injured (hopefully he'll recover but it's been 4 months), Ricky is still figuring out his discs, contract-year Calvin doesn't seem to have improved any in the off-season, and Dickerson is going to be learning a lot of new courses. It's ridiculous to think we're going to see 2015 again, but this year seems like a great opportunity.

Lastly, can you imagine what it's like to average 1079 golf through six rounds?

Boy were you wrong.

Latest posts