• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 MVP Open at Maple Hill (Sep 22 - Sep 25)

Note that Gannon Buhrdied 18 on the same card without "hero" shots although he is a long thrower. Maybe Buhrdy G could be his DJ nickname?

The commentators kind of nailed it with the idea that someone has to win on hole 18. I'm surprised they even benevolently rotate to hole 1 … instead of playing 18 over again until someone birdies.

I thought about that as well (just play 18 over and over).

Looked at UDisc and the scramble rate on 18 is 7%. It could be a par fest that went on for a while.

The commentators kind of nailed it with the idea that someone has to win on hole 18. I'm surprised they even benevolently rotate to hole 1 … instead of playing 18 over again until someone birdies.

Yep--Corey knew that was an epic drive, and he knows Simon throws as far as he does, longer if he really wants to, so that 166' shot was likely the best chance he would have at birdie. I would have liked it even if the shot were riskier, like 250' out. Playing to win a title is always worthy in my mind. Unless the shot is so unlikely to make.

Linus realized that Corey would likely birdie, so after his 1st shot shank, he knew (thought) he would need to birdie as well, cause Corey just doesn't miss putts. Hence his not great 2nd shot too.

It was true sports (highs and lows) to see each contender drop out in order: Buhr on 16 with the OB kick (getting nice encouragement from card mates as he remained on the teepad soaking in the lost opportunity); Linus after his 1st shot on 18, and Corey after his missed putt (after the OB 2nd shot--still could have parred). Great theater and finish for sure. Simon with 4 wins this year, and wasn't he close on a 5th? POY candidate??

Note that Gannon Buhrdied 18 on the same card without "hero" shots although he is a long thrower. Maybe Buhrdy G could be his DJ nickname?

Just watched that again. These guys are great, but both Buhr's throws were essentially perfect. And he had very little to lose at that point. May not have been Conrad level hero shots, but still pretty exceptional and hard to duplicate under pressure of make it or lose.

Simon played 15 events this year: 4 wins, 1 2nd, 1 3rd, 1 6th. Definite POY candidate...40% podium finishes...

Although Simon played some last year, it feels like this is his comeback year.

Don't know if they have such a prize, but he would be my choice for comeback POY

Simon played 15 events this year: 4 wins, 1 2nd, 1 3rd, 1 6th. Definite POY candidate...40% podium finishes...

Too bad he stinks it up at majors. Agree he's in the conversation. If Paul or Rick or Simon win DGPT champ, they're POY. If someone else wins… then it's up to feels and opinions.

Performance Tracks

MPO
attachment.php

FPO
attachment.php

Attachments

• MVPOpen2022MPO.png
    MVPOpen2022MPO.png
    117.2 KB · Views: 157
  • MVPOpen2022FPO.jpg
    MVPOpen2022FPO.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 152
Too bad he stinks it up at majors. Agree he's in the conversation. If Paul or Rick or Simon win DGPT champ, they're POY. If someone else wins… then it's up to feels and opinions.
Yeah I think those 3 are the only candidates. Ricky has arguably had a slightly better overall year, then you have Paul with Worlds and 2nd at EU.

Not sure what the criteria is, DGPT and USDGC certainly will have a big impact as well. If Buhr were to win both, he would be in the conversation too--top 10 in almost every event this year.

Yeah I think those 3 are the only candidates. Ricky has arguably had a slightly better overall year, then you have Paul with Worlds and 2nd at EU.

Not sure what the criteria is, DGPT and USDGC certainly will have a big impact as well. If Buhr were to win both, he would be in the conversation too--top 10 in almost every event this year.

I like that idea, what's the shortlist of additional players who could get POTY if they won both events?
Calvin, Dickerson, maybe Buhr, Eagle?

I like that idea, what's the shortlist of additional players who could get POTY if they won both events?
Calvin, Dickerson, maybe Buhr, Eagle?

Eagle just hasn't played enough. Vinny or CD would add their name I guess if either wins both. They both have wins already this year too...Vinny has 2 wins and 4 other podium finishes. CD has 1 win (a major) and 2 podiums. Vinny winning the last 2 would make it an interesting vote actually. He has had a better year than I thought.